The Truth

So you are a trollaholic since most on this board can actually predict with some certainty how a trollaholic(you) will post? You actually did teach me something today....thank you! Sparkle....I bow down to your ultimate wisdom and knowledge.

I need you to actually respond to my post because it wasn't a troll attempt. It was a real life lesson for you since you're surrounded by all of these drunks and junkies in your family. You should be realizing when they have a problem and what you can do to help them.

It's scary to think that with all of that going on in your family you don't actually know that alcoholism has real symptoms.

I regret reading this thread, but what the heck...

Why is the OP engaging in ad hominem attacks on his fellow hawk fans?

Out.

Out.

1. He isn't a Hawk fan.

2. He has real problems.

3. Both

Could be any or all of the above, but Sparky here clearly loves the attention. He'll say whatever it takes to get it. Look at me! Look at me!

I think it was just a few months ago the guy was sticking up for Ray Rice, and claiming that hitting a woman should be no different than hitting a man. The dude must have some big screws loose.

Out.

Some things are hard to explain and I know you see it every day in your field of work. It appears the DNA is a factor here.

Most of you on this board are the problem. You're all a bunch of idiots with too high of expectations and no idea about the reality of Iowa football...they suck.

Hell, last week after beating an absolutely horrible NW some of you were talking playoffs and most of you were talkimg about a B1G title game. Thats mental!

Last week, in my thread, I gave you proof Iowa is bad. 1 win against a team with a winning record (UNI) and a loss to bottom dweller ISU. Still you chose Iowa to beat a Minnesota team that actually has a pulse.

What talent did I happen to miss that some of you saw that made you think Iowa could beat Minn, Nebby, or Wisky?

Yep, if we just had better message board posters we'd be fine. Most of these posters aren't good enough to post for a MAC team.

1. He isn't a Hawk fan.

2. He has real problems.

3. Both

Could be any or all of the above, but Sparky here clearly loves the attention. He'll say whatever it takes to get it. Look at me! Look at me!

I think it was just a few months ago the guy was sticking up for Ray Rice, and claiming that hitting a woman should be no different than hitting a man. The dude must have some big screws loose.

And here you are, continuing my thread and bumping it to the top. Thanks for the attention.

And yes, if a woman hits a man she shouldn't be surprised if she gets hit back. That doesn't mean I support Ray Rice.

Last edited:
Some things are hard to explain and I know you see it every day in your field of work. It appears the DNA is a factor here.

I'm sure for you and him lots of things are hard to explain. I sense the combined IQ of a clown fan.

I need you to actually respond to my post because it wasn't a troll attempt. It was a real life lesson for you since you're surrounded by all of these drunks and junkies in your family. You should be realizing when they have a problem and what you can do to help them.

It's scary to think that with all of that going on in your family you don't actually know that alcoholism has real symptoms.[/QUOTE

That is your most uninformed post yet in this thread. If you truly have dealt with someone in your family suffering from an addiction, then you know it is more than just recognizing symptoms. Give them the help the need???? You cannot help them until they have hit rock bottom and they realize it is time to help themselves. You can ask them for a voluntary committal, you can call the cops, have them held for 72 hours, be court ordered for weeks of detox followed by weeks if not months of rehab. But again, it will not work until the addict is ready for it to work, no matter what kind of help we want to give them. We suffer as they suffer. And then when they die from their addiction it is you wondering if you could have done more....but you know all of this....right???

It's scary to think that with all of that going on in your family you don't actually know that alcoholism has real symptoms.[/QUOTE

That is your most uninformed post yet in this thread. If you truly have dealt with someone in your family suffering from an addiction, then you know it is more than just recognizing symptoms. Give them the help the need???? You cannot help them until they have hit rock bottom and they realize it is time to help themselves. You can ask them for a voluntary committal, you can call the cops, have them held for 72 hours, be court ordered for weeks of detox followed by weeks if not months of rehab. But again, it will not work until the addict is ready for it to work, no matter what kind of help we want to give them. We suffer as they suffer. And then when they die from their addiction it is you wondering if you could have done more....but you know all of this....right???

I guess you're a wait and see type of guy I guess. Wait until they drink themselves to death or wait until they OD on pills or wait until they steal $250,000 from a family member, or wait until they get into a car drunk and kill someone and then spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

This is 100% true. I've seen it first hand. You can't help someone until they are ready to help themselves.

That said, as Sparky just said, sitting back and watching someone self-destruct isn't the answer, either. It's not a black & white situation.

You can help them to see they need help. I've seen it first hand. Then again I didn't just sit around waiting for them to die.

Ok Sparkle, now it appears we are getting somewhere. What is it exactly you said to get the addict to recognize they needed help! My aunt filed a restraining order against my parents after my grandmother passed away. This was to circumvent them trying to help her! They must not have used the Sparkle charm?

I'm going to go ahead and post my original question AGAIN in hopes that someone can answer it.

What talent did I happen to miss that some of you saw that made you think Iowa could beat Minn, Nebby, or Wisky?

Latest posts