the old scout forum

Growing up back home, there was a guy that ran a lumber yard. His name was Dick Weed. Real nice guy. There's a guy in Colorado Springs. His name is Dick Hair. I'm not joking.

Lol,
I can top that though. I once had a supervisor named Richard Head. When he got on my nerves you can probably guess what I called him.

Pretty easy if you let it be known you weren't with Hillary. There were like three anti HRC and two are gone. The last soldier stands in victory by hiding in a cave.

The mods are all intolerant progs.

Funny getting kicked off a forum started by and for trolls. :)

Shave anyone? LOL!
17225_10154209988838368_7845525543565787298_n.jpg

OMG, GDR single handedly ruined our OT section on Scout.

Message boards are dying. This place isn't close to what it used to be either. Twitter is where it is at now, message boards will continue to wither on the vine.

Your grand megalomaniacal quest to quash all non-sycophant thought has finally been realized and you're complaining? My bad, you're just stating truth. I'll give my own possible reasons for why message boards may have lost their luster.

1) Hypersensitivity - just look at our society and the snowflake phenomenon. PC culture is out of control. Safespaces? Microaggressions? Trigger words? Suck it up buttercup. Those 4 words should be on every license plate in America.

2) Holier Than Thou. This part of human behavior has always been around. "At Iowa our coaches and fans and players are more noble than everyone else." Have you seen Iowa message boards?!? People brag about road trips to start **** on other boards. Yeah, we're sweethearts. BUT WE DON'T CHEAT LIKE MIZZOU - don't get me started on that topic. I'll go ballistic!:D

3) The oppression Olympics. "I've been abused at work by fans of team ________." Really? You mean someone spoke words to you and you had to run to a message board and cry like a little *****. How about ya man-up and not treat the internet like it's your diary. "Dear Diary: Today at work Bill said his team was better than mine so I went to HR and asked if I could spend the rest of the day in the coloring-book room with play-doh and therapists."

Now as to why a message board has less traffic?

1) Number of boards grow and thus the traffic is spread thin.

2) The novelty of the internet and its boards naturally wanes over time and people return to some of their earlier pursuits like jigsaw puzzles and monopoly and lawn darts. And gasp! some people might be returning to book-reading. Heaven forbid.

3) Competing social media - twitter; facebook;instagram;etc. Remember Myspace.com - yahoo interest groups - usenet?

4) Petty fights that go on for pages? Obviously does bother some. Hey Gramps and the like-minded, from Josh Brown to you; a lot of people died on Omaha Beach so we could all argue about meaningless **** on the internet. Figure out how to not click on a thread rather than tell others to shut up. We live in an idiocracy and cherish our rights to idiothood. The answer to the long argument problem is to not read it. If I complain about CNN, the answer is for me to not watch it (like millions of others;))

Now, am I a hypocrite with unclean hands? Sure. But that just makes me human, not special.

y154Gyd1Kd8xfiw7POtqmh7ubbeeUdYY_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Lol,
I can top that though. I once had a supervisor named Richard Head. When he got on my nerves you can probably guess what I called him.
There was an Iowa HS girls basketball player back in the 70s named Fonda Dicks. Her parents had a warped sense of humor.

My wife had a classmate/friend back in high school with the last name "Dickman". Of course many made fun of her name teasing her quite a bit. When she was in her upper years of HS, she kept telling the girls I can't wait until I get married so I can change my name. Would always say it.

Well you guessed it, she married and her last name now is "Cockman". Totally true. No can't make this shit up.
My wife had a classmate/friend back in high school with the last name "Dickman". Of course many made fun of her name teasing her quite a bit. When she was in her upper years of HS, she kept telling the girls I can't wait until I get married so I can change my name. Would always say it.

Well you guessed it, she married and her last name now is "Cockman". Totally true. No can't make this shit up.

Actually, I may have gotten the sequence of the names wrong, but it doesn't really matter.

Haha, you and I both know earache is busy stalking me at HN.

I always figured those POShits were hypocrites, they could always dish it out and never take it. Man I miss trolling the hell out of Vintage, and watching him freak out.
LOL Old Vintage was given a time out. Kind of unfortunate because he used to tell some great love stories about you two.

Your grand megalomaniacal quest to quash all non-sycophant thought has finally been realized and you're complaining? My bad, you're just stating truth. I'll give my own possible reasons for why message boards may have lost their luster.

1) Hypersensitivity - just look at our society and the snowflake phenomenon. PC culture is out of control. Safespaces? Microaggressions? Trigger words? Suck it up buttercup. Those 4 words should be on every license plate in America.

2) Holier Than Thou. This part of human behavior has always been around. "At Iowa our coaches and fans and players are more noble than everyone else." Have you seen Iowa message boards?!? People brag about road trips to start shit on other boards. Yeah, we're sweethearts. BUT WE DON'T CHEAT LIKE MIZZOU - don't get me started on that topic. I'll go ballistic!:D

3) The oppression Olympics. "I've been abused at work by fans of team ________." Really? You mean someone spoke words to you and you had to run to a message board and cry like a little bitch. How about ya man-up and not treat the internet like it's your diary. "Dear Diary: Today at work Bill said his team was better than mine so I went to HR and asked if I could spend the rest of the day in the coloring-book room with play-doh and therapists."

Now as to why a message board has less traffic?

1) Number of boards grow and thus the traffic is spread thin.

2) The novelty of the internet and its boards naturally wanes over time and people return to some of their earlier pursuits like jigsaw puzzles and monopoly and lawn darts. And gasp! some people might be returning to book-reading. Heaven forbid.

3) Competing social media - twitter; facebook;instagram;etc. Remember Myspace.com - yahoo interest groups - usenet?

4) Petty fights that go on for pages? Obviously does bother some. Hey Gramps and the like-minded, from Josh Brown to you; a lot of people died on Omaha Beach so we could all argue about meaningless shit on the internet. Figure out how to not click on a thread rather than tell others to shut up. We live in an idiocracy and cherish our rights to idiothood. The answer to the long argument problem is to not read it. If I complain about CNN, the answer is for me to not watch it (like millions of others;))

Now, am I a hypocrite with unclean hands? Sure. But that just makes me human, not special.

y154Gyd1Kd8xfiw7POtqmh7ubbeeUdYY_lg.jpg

TL: still read

Did I do that right?:D

surprisingly I was never banned even though I posted a bunch of times in "what's the stross thread about". Yeah, y'all know what went on in there after about 15 pages.

I was banned and never to this day understood why. banned with no explanation provided and had no way to find out why.

I will probably hate Rob Howe forever for that reason. i still can't believe he is now over here running this site. it blows my mind.

But maybe its time I should let that all go, but part of me will always be bitter...

I am betting that if I saw your last five posts I could figure out in less than ten seconds why you were banned. I'm just saying...

Latest posts