the old scout forum

I started shortly after the 2002 season started and my fondest memory is shortly after I started is when the MulvaSpills episode happened. Still the greatest thing in the history of message boards!

Ok, you are going to have to elaborate on that. You peaked my interest.

I've got to agree with "Message boards are dying." This my first response or post since the beginning of the football season. I'm sure there are many reasons for the decline in interest. I come occasionally to read Howe's articles, but to post or respond to most of the nonsense spewed out in the forums is time wasted.

Shit, Jon's going to have to get a real job!

Message boards are dying. This place isn't close to what it used to be either. Twitter is where it is at now, message boards will continue to wither on the vine.

Maybe it has something to do with members of a forum getting into pissing matches that last for multiple pages and neither party knowing when or unwilling to let it go.

Maybe the less vocal members are weary of that.

lol...wow, I thought it was almost impossible to get banned from that forum.
Pretty easy if you let it be known you weren't with Hillary. There were like three anti HRC and two are gone. The last soldier stands in victory by hiding in a cave.

The mods are all intolerant progs.

How did they come up with the name twitter anyways? It used to be that being called a twitt was a bad thing but now being a twitter is cool? What's next? Dickweeder?
Growing up back home, there was a guy that ran a lumber yard. His name was Dick Weed. Real nice guy. There's a guy in Colorado Springs. His name is Dick Hair. I'm not joking.

Shave anyone? LOL!
17225_10154209988838368_7845525543565787298_n.jpg

Growing up back home, there was a guy that ran a lumber yard. His name was Dick Weed. Real nice guy. There's a guy in Colorado Springs. His name is Dick Hair. I'm not joking.

With your avatar, you really want us to believe that?

I ran across a last name at work years ago and the guys last name was "Lowcock". Not kidding.

Sorry. I don't have the authority to add forums. I really, really wish I could help you guys, too. I know you need more outlets for your brilliant hot takes. :)

Do you at least know the reason for no "Off Topic"? Is it too much for you admins to babysit to make sure all are playing well?

My wife had a classmate/friend back in high school with the last name "Dickman". Of course many made fun of her name teasing her quite a bit. When she was in her upper years of HS, she kept telling the girls I can't wait until I get married so I can change my name. Would always say it.

Well you guessed it, she married and her last name now is "Cockman". Totally true. No can't make this shit up.

With your avatar, you really want us to believe that?
Dead serious. Dick Weed wood bring fruit baskets to all his customers every Christmas.
Dick Hair was (maybe still is) a member at a masonic lodge in Colorado Springs. Had to deliver health/medical supplies there for one of those health fair event thingies. Had his name for the contact. Asked for Richard and the guy said "Well, I'm Richard, but I'm not the Richard you're looking for. Let me see if I can find Dick." The guy actually went by Dick Hair. He was probably in his 70s or 80s though.

2_3164151.jpg

Ok, you are going to have to elaborate on that. You peaked my interest.

Some poster named MulvaSpills53 (did I get the number right?) started talking smack about Iowa's loss to USC.
In his signature, he had the wrong score (USC 38 Iowa 10).
His picture, above, was also in his signature.

Iowa posters started mocking the Michigan jacket.
I think MulvaSpills responded once, with a quote: "that's not me, that's my jacket."

It was, easily a 5-page thread of gold, and then, the thread got pushed off and could never be recovered.

2_3164151.jpg

Some poster named MulvaSpills53 (did I get the number right?) started talking smack about Iowa's loss to USC.
In his signature, he had the wrong score (USC 38 Iowa 10).
His picture, above, was also in his signature.

Iowa posters started mocking the Michigan jacket.
I think MulvaSpills responded once, with a quote: "that's not me, that's my jacket."

It was, easily a 5-page thread of gold, and then, the thread got pushed off and could never be recovered.
I thought it was MulvaSpills44.

Latest posts