the old scout forum

I remember the "road trips" where a school was identified, and Iowa fans would just swarm the board, kamikaze-style, trying to get banned.
I think it was Western Michigan, where the mods didn't exist or didn't care, and the pictures being posted there would make Hugh Hefner blush.

I remember the road trip raids, flooding the purdue forum. Like going into an abandoned house.

Message boards are dying. This place isn't close to what it used to be either. Twitter is where it is at now, message boards will continue to wither on the vine.
I've got to agree with "Message boards are dying." This my first response or post since the beginning of the football season. I'm sure there are many reasons for the decline in interest. I come occasionally to read Howe's articles, but to post or respond to most of the nonsense spewed out in the forums is time wasted.

I've got to agree with "Message boards are dying." This my first response or post since the beginning of the football season. I'm sure there are many reasons for the decline in interest. I come occasionally to read Howe's articles, but to post or respond to most of the nonsense spewed out in the forums is time wasted.

You just insulted heatdawg. Has has more posts than any of us.;)

Blair Sanderson banned me not too long ago because I said HR admins weren't being objective in regards to the Eno situation. I wasn't disrespectful, rude, or vulgar about it either. Take a look at what they let go on their off topic forum.

These sites are like women, I can only handle one at a time!

Porkins - got so mad during 2008 that he left the forum.

GamedayRon - kept coming back for more and more abuse.

Then there was the famous 'stross thread'
Oh man, I forgot about Game Day Ron. Did you know his business on the Coralville Strip closed down? He kept pushing his shaving stuff on everyone. He was so crazy because he sold Hawkeye gear and wanted Iowa fans on the Hawkeye Insider site to buy it, but he would pick fights and insult other posters. Insulting your potential clients, not a good way to run a business.

I have no memory of porkins, but do the Stross thread, thing was endless.

Message boards are dying. This place isn't close to what it used to be either. Twitter is where it is at now, message boards will continue to wither on the vine.

No doubt.....It is not what it used to be but I still enjoy it. I am not a big twitter guy but I realize it is the world we live in....I will be one of those guys who will stick around until the end.

lol...Jon has banned so many people that there is a special forum for them. HNWasteland :)

speaking of which, has Okeef been banned from here or did he quit posting?

I was exiled from there for simply linking to stories raising questions about Hillary's health. SoCal proved himself a precious little snowflake.

I was exiled from there for simply linking to stories raising questions about Hillary's health. SoCal proved himself a precious little snowflake.

LOL, what? You got banned from The Wasteland??

I should sign up, I'm sure they would all be glad to see me over there, right Tweets? I also just need to read election night posts, that would be golden watching those freaking elites melt down that night......

LOL, what? You got banned from The Wasteland??

I should sign up, I'm sure they would all be glad to see me over there, right Tweets? I also just need to read election night posts, that would be golden watching those freaking elites melt down that night......

You should. Your friendo earache would be happy to see you. I thought I saw smoke on the horizon Nov. 9. Major meltdown over there, I'm sure. If you go, good luck. The mods are all girly men with dainty fingers.

You should. Your friendo earache would be happy to see you. I thought I saw smoke on the horizon Nov. 9. Major meltdown over there, I'm sure. If you go, good luck. The mods are all girly men with dainty fingers.

Haha, you and I both know earache is busy stalking me at HN.

I always figured those POShits were hypocrites, they could always dish it out and never take it. Man I miss trolling the hell out of Vintage, and watching him freak out.

Haha, you and I both know earache is busy stalking me at HN.

I always figured those POShits were hypocrites, they could always dish it out and never take it. Man I miss trolling the hell out of Vintage, and watching him freak out.

Bunch of WATBs they are. The mods posed for a photo at a recent Hawkeye tailgater.

a452c2c671837f20501905bca5ef52e5.jpg

No doubt.....It is not what it used to be but I still enjoy it. I am not a big twitter guy but I realize it is the world we live in....I will be one of those guys who will stick around until the end.

How did they come up with the name twitter anyways? It used to be that being called a twitt was a bad thing but now being a twitter is cool? What's next? Dickweeder?

Is it true he changed his last name from Stalin to Kakert.
I remember the "road trips" where a school was identified, and Iowa fans would just swarm the board, kamikaze-style, trying to get banned.
I think it was Western Michigan, where the mods didn't exist or didn't care, and the pictures being posted there would make Hugh Hefner blush.

LOL! Western Michigan mods, "Hey, we've arrived!!"