The Middle Finger To That Wacky Coronavirus COVID-19 Game Thread

I read an article the other day about a woman who had it and she described her course while battling it. It just started out as cold symptoms with some sniffles, little sore throat. Who knows how long she had it before that point. Could have been a host for a week. Who knows. Anyway, shortly after that a fever and severe headache started with a cough. She battled that for a couple days then started to feel better and thought getting over it. That is when the SOB and lung problems started getting severe and she was SOB (prob pneumonia). So, her symptoms pretty much went away but she was battling severe resp distress. Most will pull out of this but this is where the demise is with those individuals with underlying health problems.

Read another story about a local DJ who was just recently Dx'ed with it. He said he couldn't finish sentences without stopping to because SOB (short of breath). I will try to find that story and post.

https://starentertainment12.com/public-announcement/

So I wonder if the people who end up completely fine just never have the 2nd wave hit. Sounds like that might be the case.

I read an article the other day about a woman who had it and she described her course while battling it. It just started out as cold symptoms with some sniffles, little sore throat. Who knows how long she had it before that point. Could have been a host for a week. Who knows. Anyway, shortly after that a fever and severe headache started with a cough. She battled that for a couple days then started to feel better and thought getting over it. That is when the SOB and lung problems started getting severe and she was SOB (prob pneumonia). So, her symptoms pretty much went away but she was battling severe resp distress. Most will pull out of this but this is where the demise is with those individuals with underlying health problems.

Read another story about a local DJ who was just recently Dx'ed with it. He said he couldn't finish sentences without stopping to because SOB (short of breath). I will try to find that story and post.

https://starentertainment12.com/public-announcement/
I've seen stories like this with a small blurb about the individual being a smoker. It's really difficult to know what kind of lifestyle people have.

Correct, that has to be put into perspective. But, this kind of shows the course of the disease when battling it.
Agreed, just trying to say that a person's overall attitude towards living a healthy lifestyle or lack of has a significant role in their fate. A lot of people don't have a clue how to be healthy.

So I wonder if the people who end up completely fine just never have the 2nd wave hit. Sounds like that might be the case.

I think you are correct. I think the disease can be in the lungs, but some may not get it to the extreme as others, maybe some not at all. I think a lot of it has to do with how immunosuppressed one is.I feel most people prob deal with some SOB but may not require hospitalization. But, hospitalization looks to be in the 20-25% range which could overwhelm facilities and resources.

A new virus is always tricky as is unpredictable. I don't think they always know how it will act with the host as the virus doesn't know and mutates. The BIG unknown. Why does the strain in Italy seem much worse? Is it because they could have a generally more unhealthy population compared to Asians? Is it because the virus is mutating a bit as it learns in different hosts? These are just some of the unknowns. Knowing the origin or animal it came from can really help researchers. I've heard this one from a bat.

Last edited:
Agreed, just trying to say that a person's overall attitude towards living a healthy lifestyle or lack of has a significant role in their fate. A lot of people don't have a clue how to be healthy.

Great point. Too bad it takes something like this to show how significant it can be. As a society we've come to accept living with chronic systemic diseases and loading up on medications instead of dealing with the underlying causes.

There are some people who may not qualify for surgery secondary to underlying health conditions. So, they have a surgical disease that may be treated and cured, but the surgeon won't take the chance of putting them on the table because they may not survive the anesthesia, etc..

I am by no means perfect when it comes to this or a model Pt, but that is what is happening and the drug companies love it $$$$$. If I have diabetes I'll just take Insulin. If I have hypertension I'll just take Lozol. Etc..

Some strong rumors that the Colorado governor is going to issue an order shutting down all businesses as soon as tomorrow. If that includes grocery stores, expect rioting and murder.

Some strong rumors that the Colorado governor is going to issue an order shutting down all businesses as soon as tomorrow. If that includes grocery stores, expect rioting and murder.[/QUOTE.]

I seriously doubt will include gas and grocery as that would bring carnage. I think they are smarter than that.

I really fucking hope so, but the rumors are making it sound like it will include grocery stores.
I heard a rumor today that the iowa governor was going to announce the same thing during her press conference today. It came on and she didn't. So it was either complete BS or they decided to wait for a bit. If they close down grocery stores then something is completely wrong. They are seeing something they aren't telling us yet.

I heard a rumor today that the iowa governor was going to announce the same thing during her press conference today. It came on and she didn't. So it was either complete BS or they decided to wait for a bit. If they close down grocery stores then something is completely wrong. They are seeing something they aren't telling us yet.
That's what the wife & I are thinking. Either there's something about this virus they're not telling us or this is about something other than the virus...

That's what the wife & I are thinking. Either there's something about this virus they're not telling us or this is about something other than the virus...
I can't even think of an example on what this could be if not the virus. Do you have some ideas?

Latest posts