The Middle Finger To That Wacky Coronavirus COVID-19 Game Thread

But everything he said was completely legit as long as he didn't just make up the numbers. My question is is it true that they use an estimated number of people who get the flu when calculating death rate? I'm not even sure if that was true.
He's using known annual average numbers for flu vs unknown numbers for covid. It's complete apples to oranges. People have been known to live with Covid for 3 weeks before dying. There is an incredible lag time between infection numbers and death numbers with Covid. Here's a link that uses current data with known lag times from other countries to show what "might" happen here. It Link

1*r-ddYhoUtP_se6x-NOEinA.png

Last edited:
He's using known annual average numbers for flu vs unknown numbers for covid. It's complete apples to oranges. People have been known to live with Covid for 3 weeks before dying. There is an incredible lag time between infection numbers and death numbers with Covid. Here's a link that uses current data with known lag times from other countries to show what "might" happen here. Link

So his flu numbers were actually legit?

So his flu numbers were actually legit?
Not sure if they're legit, it's possible. The problem is that he's using flawed logic to make comparisons between the two to support his claim which is not unlike him.

We have 500 years of data on the flu virus, 5 months on Covid. Other than the fact that both are viruses and have similar symptoms, the two are different. To compare the two as so many try to do is inaccurate and irresponsible. Covid is more similar to a cold virus than the flu virus.
flu_covid_comparison_1_high_res.jpg

Last edited:
This guy is widely regarded as a conspiracy theorist. He uses completely inaccurate information on a whim taken out of context to generate views and clicks. He's anti-vax. He supports widely debunked theories on a number of different issues with zero evidence. You'd find more accuracy and truth at a flat-earthers convention. I don't trust anything he says at all, for good reason.
So, he disagrees with your opinions. He must be crazy.

Not sure if they're legit, it's possible. The problem is that he's using flawed logic to make comparisons between the two to support his claim which is not unlike him.

We have 500 years of data on the flu virus, 5 months on Covid. Other than the fact that both are viruses and have similar symptoms, the two are different. To compare the two as so many try to do is inaccurate and irresponsible. Covid is more similar to a cold virus than the flu virus.
He wasn't comparing the two. He was comparing the death rate of the two.

I don’t think I will waste my time arguing about a story from some random guy. There are plenty of medical experts out there you can listen to and hopefully find some continuity. I have probably read or listened to two dozen reports from these folks and have a pretty good idea of what we know about this virus. More importantly, they have been virtually unanimous about what we don’t know.

According to the CDC, the number of cases in the US jumped from 4,226 yesterday at noon to 7,038 today at noon EST

If you have more testing, more cases will be found. So, it most likely is really not a huge jump for the disease as it's probably been out there, it's just that more are confirmed.

Here's my numbers. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. I've heard 85% of people dont show symptoms. That means 85 out of 100 are already completely fine. I've also heard there is a death rate of around 3% from people confirmed to have it. My thought is the only people getting tested positively are the ones who go in with symptoms (very little random testing going on around here). So that means 3% of the 15 people that are sick enough to go get tested are dying. Is that .45 percent? Why is that not the death rate? Or at least way closer to it?

Looks like the death rate for the flu is .1% so by my awesome math, this virus is 4.5 times more deadly.

To me 85 out of 100 people have it but never get tested. This explains why it spreads so fast. If you add those people in, the death rate goes down dramatically as is that rate are the sickest who have been tested and confirmed positive.

I confirm I read this same data elswhere. That incubation time point is the key for this virus, why it spreads so rampant. For about a weeks, people have the virus are asymptomatic and living their normal lives spreading it around. This coronavirus is so different that way.

I confirm I read this same data elswhere. That incubation time point is the key for this virus, why it spreads so rampant. For about a weeks, people have the virus are asymptomatic and living their normal lives spreading it around. This coronavirus is so different that way.

I'd really like to see a timeline from the people who died. How many days did they have it before going to the hospital? How long until they died? Or got released?

I'd really like to see a timeline from the people who died. How many days did they have it before going to the hospital? How long until they died? Or got released?
Yes, I'd also like to see what the false positive stats are for the tests.

I read an article the other day about a woman who had it and she described her course while battling it. It just started out as cold symptoms with some sniffles, little sore throat. Who knows how long she had it before that point. Could have been a host for a week. Who knows. Anyway, shortly after that a fever and severe headache started with a cough. She battled that for a couple days then started to feel better and thought getting over it. That is when the SOB and lung problems started getting severe and she was SOB (prob pneumonia). So, her symptoms pretty much went away but she was battling severe resp distress. Most will pull out of this but this is where the demise is with those individuals with underlying health problems.

Read another story about a local DJ who was just recently Dx'ed with it. He said he couldn't finish sentences without stopping to because SOB (short of breath). I will try to find that story and post.

https://starentertainment12.com/public-announcement/

Yes, I'd also like to see what the false positive stats are for the tests.
And false negatives. What's crazy is you can go take a test, then pick up the virus on your way out the door. Your results come back as negative a few hours later but now you already have it.

Latest posts