The Middle Finger To That Wacky Coronavirus COVID-19 Game Thread

Whole lot of that goin on... Yeah gas has dropped here to under $2 I think. I paid like 2.14 a week ago. Crazy thing is it's still just getting started. Wait till hospitals have to turn folks away and employees stop going to work for all the Walmarts and food suppliers... Not to mention truck drivers. Nothing shuts down an economy faster then if the truckers significantly gets slowed down. These next 2-3 weeks will be interesting and very telling

Hate to say this, but I wouldn't let your gas tank get below 1/2 a tank.

According to the CDC, the number of cases in the US jumped from 4,226 yesterday at noon to 7,038 today at noon EST
I wanted to hit the "like" button, then then it would make me look like I support those numbers, which I don't

Last edited:
Absolutely. Very big difference. Can't wait until tests become more available and people start testing positive widespread.
Why "can't" you wait for the numbers to expectedly skyrocket after testing becomes widespread? You hoping for this President to fail? The country?

The major benefit of wide spread testing is the creation of a data base. Severity, male, female, age, length of illness, proper treatments, geography, pre-existing conditions, and probably a lot of other stuff.

The doomsdayists won't watch this, but he does a great job explaining the situation.
You are such an idiot. Like this guy has any fucking more clue than anyone else. I'd trust Rob's input as a journalist on pandemics more than this blowhard.

Last edited:
The doomsdayists won't watch this, but he does a great job explaining the situation.
So that video says pretty much what I've been thinking the whole time. My question is can that really be accurate that 10% of people who test positive for the flu die? That just doesn't seem right at all. I get the whole apples to oranges argument, but those numbers seem fudged to me. I tried googling it but couldn't find a chart where it showed confirmed positive flu results and deaths.

You are such an idiot. Like this guy has any fucking more clue than anyone else. I'd trust Rob's input as a journalist on pandemics more than this blowhard.
He might have just completely made up the numbers. But short of that, everything he said was basic math. If they are using "estimated numbers" for how many people they think might have had the flu, then comparing them to deaths to get the death rate, but then using confirmed cases for the death rate on COVID-19, because an estimated number was "n/a" then that's a pretty cut and dry apples to oranges comparison. Are you saying you don't believe the numbers in his video (I'm not sure I do) or are you saying his numbers dont add up? Because the numbers he is using is pretty simple math.

Here's my numbers. Someone tell me if I'm wrong. I've heard 85% of people dont show symptoms. That means 85 out of 100 are already completely fine. I've also heard there is a death rate of around 3% from people confirmed to have it. My thought is the only people getting tested positively are the ones who go in with symptoms (very little random testing going on around here). So that means 3% of the 15 people that are sick enough to go get tested are dying. Is that .45 percent? Why is that not the death rate? Or at least way closer to it?

Looks like the death rate for the flu is .1% so by my awesome math, this virus is 4.5 times more deadly.

He might have just completely made up the numbers. But short of that, everything he said was basic math. If they are using "estimated numbers" for how many people they think might have had the flu, then comparing them to deaths to get the death rate, but then using confirmed cases for the death rate on COVID-19, because an estimated number was "n/a" then that's a pretty cut and dry apples to oranges comparison. Are you saying you don't believe the numbers in his video (I'm not sure I do) or are you saying his numbers dont add up? Because the numbers he is using is pretty simple math.
This guy is widely regarded as a conspiracy theorist. He uses completely inaccurate information on a whim taken out of context to generate views and clicks. He's anti-vax. He supports widely debunked theories on a number of different issues with zero evidence. You'd find more accuracy and truth at a flat-earthers convention. I don't trust anything he says at all, for good reason.

This guy is widely regarded as a conspiracy theorist. He uses completely inaccurate information on a whim taken out of context to generate views and clicks. He's anti-vax. He supports widely debunked theories on a number of different issues with zero evidence. You'd find more accuracy and truth at a flat-earthers convention. I don't trust anything he says at all, for good reason.

But everything he said was completely legit as long as he didn't just make up the numbers. My question is is it true that they use an estimated number of people who get the flu when calculating death rate? I'm not even sure if that was true.

Latest posts