Temper your Disappointment

Again, anybody with a press pass....next time you interview this team...ask the following....

"Are you OK with this loss, and, the other 3 close losses? I think it's a fair question and you really shouldn't be too down, considering a.) how you played two years ago, and, 12 months ago, b.) you're young (mistakes will happen), c.) we don't have the recruiting base and thus d.) most of the on-paper experts had you with exactly this record in their pre-season predictions."

Tar, meet feather.

What happens to roster next year when Uteff, Jok and Myers are added and only May leaves?

Can we send Gabe and McCabe packing too?

Am I the only one that is encouraged with "how" they are losing?

It is not like they are outmatched or outplayed. It is literally 1 or 2 plays away every time. Yes that is heartbreaking, but they have not really lost any game they should have won. The schedule has been brutal, but I don't think it could have set up any better for them. Sure it would be better to be 6-4 right now but this team won't quit and they will win 6 or 7 more games in the B1G and they will be confident going into the tournament.

My point is we should have at least split the four blown games....win the gimmees at the end of the season and yes, finish exactly where I stated.

Past seasons' performance is like sunk costs in business. Means zero in present day analysis. Zero. Sorry...you can't keep looking to the past in order to rationalize the present.

Obvious troll.

Again, anybody with a press pass....next time you interview this team...ask the following....

"Are you OK with this loss? I think it's a fair question and you really shouldn't be too down, considering a.) how you played two years ago, and, 12 months ago, b.) you're young (mistakes will happen), and c.) most of the on-paper experts had you with exactly this record in their pre-season predictions."

Tar, meet feather.

Doubly-obvious troll.

"Are you OK with this loss? I think it's a fair question and you really shouldn't be too down, considering a.) how you played two years ago, and, 12 months ago, b.) you're young (mistakes will happen), and c.) most of the on-paper experts had you with exactly this record in their pre-season predictions."

Tar, meet feather.

How the team feels after a close loss has no direct relation to how a fan feels. Besides the fact that the players are 18-23 year old kids and most fans are grow @$$ men who just act like kids.

Tar, meet feather.

That's a red herring and it doesn't matter. They aren't in that business. They actually play in the games. We don't..and I just choose not to get all Nancy crazy when my favorite team loses games I expect them to lose. I don't like it, I'd rather they win, but I sure has heck am not going to ask 'what's wrong with them?' when they are playing to my expectation. Perhaps there's just something wrong with me.

They are inconsistent. Which is what I expected out of such a young team

Marble, White, Basabe, May, Olesani, McCabe, JO have all played a season or more.

Oklahoma State is playing all Freshman and Sophmores (1 JR) as well. LOTS of teams are playing freshman around the country.

Two of the guys that actually kept us in the game last night? Whatever.

I agree Boat, Gabe should only get better and you know what you are going to get from McCabe. Considering every close game McCabe is on the floor. McCabe gets those minutes for a reason.

**** the preseason predictions. Iowa has been in position to win 4 games now in the Big 10 and 3 of them on the road and ****** every single one of them away. Im sure the "I told ya so" crowd with their predictions had Iowa losing this way in mind. They should be winning the ******* games. It's not the freshman and inexperienced kids letting this team down.

Many people expected us to get blown out in these close losses on the road...naturally they are disappointed Iowa is able to compete with the best teams in the country but not quite get over the hump. It means their predictions were wrong. I had Iowa at 12-6 preseason...beating Michigan State and Purdue. I'm still expecting 10-8.

Fire away. People don't get banned for disagreeing with me

My point is I am not gonna lose my mind because this team is pretty much what I expected. And in going through the preseason thread, it's pretty much on par with what most thought at this juncture.

They are inconsistent. Which is what I expected out of such a young team

Last year Iowa was 180th in the country in defense, 278th in opponents effecitve FG%.

This year Iowa is 28th in the country in defense, 22nd in opponents effective FG%. They have improved their opponents effective FG% in conference by 5% over last year. All this despite losing their best perimeter defender in Gatens.

Come on Jon, saying we haven't been consistently better on defense than you hoped is garbage.

I was uber upset after last night's game. Just like many of you still are. This is a good place to vent your frustration. But one of the best pieces of advice I ever got is "Nobody cares what's happened to you. All that matters is; what are you going to do about it?"

We could've won those last 4 games. We didn't. I still think we now get on a roll, storm through the NIT and possibly win it. That's my focus. #gohawks

How the team feels after a close loss has no direct relation to how a fan feels. Besides the fact that the players are 18-23 year old kids and most fans are grow @$$ men who just act like kids.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I hate to ruin your day Spank but I think you're shorting us a win there...realize that wasn't a prediction but rather an observation. If we continue to play the way we've been playing I think it's 7-1 down the stretch. If we can start making shots and get Marble going I think it's 7-1 down the stretch...at Indiana would take an absolute miracle IMO.

I need my projections in another thread to hold and land us in 6th. If we need 2 wins in the BTT I most definitely want to be the 6 seed...willing to play anyone but Indiana and Michigan on a neutral floor.

I put this up on Twitter and think it's worth putting on here.

Iowa will be the favorite in 6 of their final 8 games. They've played the #1 SOS in the B1G so far.
If Josh's three doesn't rim out, people would be on here talking about how Iowa turned its season around.

Again, I understand the frustration. Iowa can't close games.
Still 8 games left.
If Iowa can go 6-2 the rest of the way (with an easier schedule), they'll have a 20 win season.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Ok, you have your opinion and I have mine.

If you think that fans and players have a direct relation then you clearly didn't play any sports. Fans get emotional invested on their own accord, act stupid and spout off about something they know little to nothing about. Then you have the player who spends most of his time preparing mentally and physically, when they lose they have a real reason to be disappointed and by the character and drive overcome that and go out and try to win the next game.

People who believe that being a "fan" entitles them to something is extremely stupid, especially when they compare their feels to those of players.

Latest posts