Temper your Disappointment

I hope fans flock to Carver Saturday to support this team. They need it after all these heartbreaking losses. We can't sleep on the Wildcats. A win Saturday could be the start of the turn around we need to get this season back on track.

I put this up on Twitter and think it's worth putting on here.

Iowa will be the favorite in 6 of their final 8 games. They've played the #1 SOS in the B1G so far.
If Josh's three doesn't rim out, people would be on here talking about how Iowa turned its season around.

Again, I understand the frustration. Iowa can't close games.
Still 8 games left.
If Iowa can go 6-2 the rest of the way (with an easier schedule), they'll have a 20 win season.

That is true,just don't see it happening. We play too many close games and can't make free throws at crunch time. Cost us at least 3 big ten games

What if I could offer you....20 wins and a CBI championship????

You sound like Maxwell Smart.

Would you believe 18 wins and a gift certificate to Ragstock?

Would you believe 16 wins, 5 more T's on Fran, and a day old tunafish sandwich?

Iowa is doing better than I expected, and I'm okay with some "good losses" in a tough B1G year.

I hope fans flock to Carver Saturday to support this team. They need it after all these heartbreaking losses. We can't sleep on the Wildcats. A win Saturday could be the start of the turn around we need to get this season back on track.

I will be there!

That is true,just don't see it happening. We play too many close games and can't make free throws at crunch time. Cost us at least 3 big ten games
4 BT games, but who's counting.
But the fact remains, those were much better teams than those Iowa will get down the road.

I find this comment so funny. Glad Iowa is meeting your expectations..

I don't even want to comment on the other things you said. I feel like sticking around a while.. I will only say, I love watching the Hawks **** games away.

Fire away. People don't get banned for disagreeing with me

My point is I am not gonna lose my mind because this team is pretty much what I expected. And in going through the preseason thread, it's pretty much on par with what most thought at this juncture.

If a team does what you expect them to do, why throw punches at that person's expectations?

We all went in circles after the MN game about this.
I had Iowa 2-8 at this point in conf, so they are actually exceeding my expectations.

Again, it sucks to see Iowa loses these close games over better teams, but this is the sort of season we were all thinking it would be like. Now that it's happening people are ******. Well, that's fine, just temper it. You knew what you were getting into before the season started.

A team that was likely going to the NIT for the second straight year with a chance to steal a few and get on the bubble.

Getting frustrated is fine and the normal response, but remember what you signed up for this season of Iowa Basketball.

Wisconsin has lost two games - TWO - in the Kohl Center to unranked teams under Bo Ryan.
Keep that in mind, as well.

50-2 (I believe that is right) to unranked opponents at home.

Fire away. People don't get banned for disagreeing with me

My point is I am not gonna lose my mind because this team is pretty much what I expected. And in going through the preseason thread, it's pretty much on par with what most thought at this juncture.

No way Jon, I'm just not buying that this is the team you expected.

I can tell you that nobody would have predicted the season to play out the way it has. This is a very, very, frustrating BT season. Iowa should without question be exceeding expectations. This is a much better team, that can't finish..

If a team does what you expect them to do, why throw punches at that person's expectations?

We all went in circles after the MN game about this.
I had Iowa 2-8 at this point in conf, so they are actually exceeding my expectations.

Again, it sucks to see Iowa loses these close games over better teams, but this is the sort of season we were all thinking it would be like. Now that it's happening people are ******. Well, that's fine, just temper it. You knew what you were getting into before the season started.

I didn't for one second think this season would play out like it has so far. I didn't anticipate this. Not this way..

I didn't for one second think this season would play out the way it has. No way! Sorry..

How did you expect it would play out. Honestly, I'd like to know.
While I didn't expect these close of games (or the fact that Iowa would have chances to win @Wisc, @Minn or vs MSU in the final minute) - this is the type of inconsistency on offense I thought we'd see. I didn't expect to see Iowa's D this good

I’m growing tired of the “This is what we expected” crapola. We have now blown 4 leads in conf games in the last minute. FOUR. Thats unreal and something none of you predicted. People have a right to be p***ed that we lost another tough one. Instead of making dumb*** butthurt threads or referring to obscure pre-season predictions lets actually talk about the game, yeah?

Three complaints
-Best shot we can get in regulation is a fadeaway three?
-Marble re-enters the game late yet again and makes an idiotic play again.
-Olaseni plays his behind off all game and doesn’t play in either OT.

Justin I had Iowa finishing 22-8. I thought they would exceed expectations and they should be. It is in one of the prediction threads.

This team is ******* wins down it's leg. That is a fact.

I’m growing tired of the “This is what we expected” crapola. We have now blown 4 leads in conf games in the last minute. FOUR. Thats unreal and something none of you predicted. People have a right to be p***ed that we lost another tough one. Instead of making dumb*** butthurt threads or referring to obscure pre-season predictions lets actually talk about the game, yeah?

Three complaints
-Best shot we can get in regulation is a fadeaway three?
-Marble re-enters the game late yet again and makes an idiotic play again.
-Olaseni plays his behind off all game and doesn’t play in either OT.

I thought the three was clean, great look at the bucket.
Marble substitution is a head-scratcher. Immediately lost his guy for an easy layup.
White/Basabe was good combo, it was working.

Latest posts