Talk of FSU and Clemson to Big 12.

The Big12/SEC is going to lose this battle big time.

We just got a check for 24.6 million from the Big 10. If this is the end game for college football, we're going to be happy to trade Florida State and Clemson for Boston College and Maryland. The BTN if it combined with a Pac10 and East Coast network would be an absolute monster with a huge majority of the countries population in its footprint.

I'm sure the fine folks of Birmingham, Jackson and Little Rock will pay just as many bills, right ISU?

REALLY?!
TCU... Rose Bowl Champions
West Virginia, Fiesta Bowl Champions..

Nebraska, is really the only one that had tradition in football, basketball nothing
Colorado.. they had a decent run in the 90s but nothing spectacular
A&M... Nothing
Mizzou...Nothing as well.

Next argument.

This is almost comical....

Texas + OU = hardly "national".

You lose all credibility with this post.

It just simply isn't the case. In no scenario possible does a TCU + WVU come close to the national pull of a Nebraska + Colorado + A&M + Missouri.

Well no **** Sherlock, you're comparing 2 schools to 4 schools fan base.

We just got a check for 24.6 million from the Big 10. If this is the end game for college football, we're going to be happy to trade Florida State and Clemson for Boston College and Maryland. The BTN if it combined with a Pac10 and East Coast network would be an absolute monster with a huge majority of the countries population in its footprint.

I'm sure the fine folks of Birmingham, Jackson and Little Rock will pay just as many bills, right ISU?

Do you really think BC and Maryland have such a huge pull? They are surrounded by pro teams, that is at least going to have an impact somewhat.

No one outside those redneck states cares about Texas or Oklahoma.

Im guessing their huge fanbases. Sports networks, sponsors, other national powers, etc. Matchups with those teams bring in a ton of money and exposure. The Texas-USC game was one of the best championship games I have ever seen. I know Im not alone on that. As for the redneck part, personally, when I think redneck, I think of the SEC south. Dwayne, I swear you are just trolling ISU fans. I find it hard to believe you mean most of the stuff you are saying.

You lose all credibility with this post.

Well no **** Sherlock, you're comparing 2 schools to 4 schools fan base.

Do you really think BC and Maryland have such a huge pull? They are surrounded by pro teams, that is at least going to have an impact somewhat.

Yes I do. People in Boston care about BC and UMD, UVA is one of the best rivalries in all of college sports.

Anyway you slice it, gaining the markets of Boston, NYC and Washington DC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tallahassee, Winston Salem and Tampa.

Yes I do. People in Boston care about BC and UMD, UVA is one of the best rivalries in all of college sports.

Anyway you slice it, gaining the markets of Boston, NYC and Washington DC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tallahassee, Winston Salem and Tampa.

If the people of Boston care about BC and UMD, why are the programs so historically bad and not getting any better? There is no tradition there. They have been bottom feeders for years. It is the same as the argument against Rutgers. If NYC actually cared about that school there is no way they would have been as bad as they have been historically. The fact is while pro sport markets and college sport markets may overlap, there is no way to tell if one will thrive by looking at the other. The NE has always supported pro teams to a much greater extent than their collegiate brethren.

At this point the Big 10 can make any other two teams work in this superconference fiasco. FSU and Clemson would help solidify the Big 12 as one of the 4 conferences in the super system, and push the ACC out of it. That is what is trying to be accomplished, they are not trying to swing the money stick the Big 10 does. They are just trying to get invited to the party.

It is NOT Maryland and BC. It is Maryland and UVA. Also Duke and UNC. I am sure the B1G would rather just take UNC, but I am hearing the pair won't split.

It is NOT Maryland and BC. It is Maryland and UVA. Also Duke and UNC. I am sure the B1G would rather just take UNC, but I am hearing the pair won't split.

I doubt the B1G would add schools that would take money out of its current member's pockets. Adding UNC and Duke would mean less money for all of the other schools, so I really don't think that would happen. If ND were somewhere in the mix, then the options open up a little because they would bring more money to the table.

I doubt the B1G would add schools that would take money out of its current member's pockets. Adding UNC and Duke would mean less money for all of the other schools, so I really don't think that would happen. If ND were somewhere in the mix, then the options open up a little because they would bring more money to the table.

North Carolina is growing tremendously. They have over 9 million people there and that will continue to climb. Mass has less than 6.5 million. Plus, Duke and UNC bring all that hoops money. They are a much better financial move than BC.

Not if it picks up a crapload of TV sets now paying the premium rate to carry BTN.

North Carolina brings tv sets, no question, but I don't know if there is enough eyeballs to pay for 2 schools. But if a renegotiated tv contract could give each school in the conference more than they are getting today, adding UNC and Duke would be a great move from a basketball and academic standpoint. I just don't think it can happen from a financial standpoint. I could be wrong.

North Carolina is growing tremendously. They have over 9 million people there and that will continue to climb. Mass has less than 6.5 million. Plus, Duke and UNC bring all that hoops money. They are a much better financial move than BC.

I believe we could take duke and north C and raise conference prestige for hoops. With nine million people we would profit from both 7500 tv sets times 48 cents per tv set per month. Yeah I believe we would profit big time. Big time pro UNC and Duke:D

I really wasn't counting Duke in the equation at all until I started hearing this is the last couple of weeks. I agree they don't add much more than you could get with UNC alone. But if you had to take them, you could do worse. I mean it wouldn't be like having to take OK State or TTech. They would fit into the culture of the conference.

I really wasn't counting Duke in the equation at all until I started hearing this is the last couple of weeks. I agree they don't add much more than you could get with UNC alone. But if you had to take them, you could do worse. I mean it wouldn't be like having to take OK State or TTech. They would fit into the culture of the conference.

I disagree about the culture thing. The B1G is made up of state flagships. Yeah, there's NW as the one-off private school, and Sparty and Purdue, but everyone else is a large student-body, research oriented state flagship.

This is a really unappreciated reason as to why Penn State is such a great fit in the B1G, even though it's an "eastern" school.

Duke is not those things. Different culture.

Edit: And add football-first, which holds for every B1G member save the Indiana schools.

Duke makes no sense at all if you're already adding the North Carolina cable tv subscriptions by adding UNC. They're just another mouth to feed. Completely worthless, and it'll never happen.

Latest posts