Talk of FSU and Clemson to Big 12.

I can see Florida State going to the Big 12, but there are a lot of posters on CF who seem to think Notre Dame is also going to join the Big 12. I don't understand their thought process, and I have told them countless times it is never going to happen, but they still cling to the dream. Oh well, I guess they can talk about it all they want, it won't change anything.

I don't think the thought process is that hard at all. It might not be the winning combination, but a large part of the ND fanbase wants a conference with a national feel. The B1g won't do that. A Big 12 with FSU and some mid-atlantic schools like Clemson, Ga. Tech and then throw in Texas and big matchups with OU, I think that conference does a fair job of that. Plus ND can have a tier 3 network all to itself.

I'm not saying they will take the Big 12 over B1G but you should at least see the argument.

Besides if academics mattered they would have joined the B1G last time the faculty definitely wanted to.

I don't think the thought process is that hard at all. It might not be the winning combination, but a large part of the ND fanbase wants a conference with a national feel. The B1g won't do that. A Big 12 with FSU and some mid-atlantic schools like Clemson, Ga. Tech and then throw in Texas and big matchups with OU, I think that conference does a fair job of that. Plus ND can have a tier 3 network all to itself.

How does that turd conference have a national feel?

I'm not saying they will take the Big 12 over B1G but you should at least see the argument.

Besides if academics mattered they would have joined the B1G last time the faculty definitely wanted to.

I think it's clear at this point that academics don't matter with all of this realignment talk. I don't see how the Big 12 adding a couple of southeastern schools gives them a "national feel". The B1G gives Notre Dame the footprint that no other conference can give them. I wish I could find the thread where there was the site linked that showed each school's fanbase. Michigan, Penn State, and Ohio State were all in the top 5, and the B1G had by far the biggest total fanbase.

How does that turd conference have a national feel?

Since the creation of the BCS.
Big 12 has made 7 appearances in the National Title Game, and has won 2 Texas, and OU
B1G-3 Appearances, Won 1, OSU, but we all know Miami should have won that game.

SO... tell me again, how this "turd" conference doesn't have a National Feel.

Since the creation of the BCS.
Big 12 has made 7 appearances in the National Title Game, and has won 2 Texas, and OU
B1G-3 Appearances, Won 1, OSU, but we all know Miami should have won that game.

SO... tell me again, how this "turd" conference doesn't have a National Feel.

Texas + OU = hardly "national".

Texas + OU = hardly "national".

Are you seriously kidding me? You need to take off the Black and Gold glasses, and open up. Texas and OU are the faces of the Big 12, they are the ones that put the conference on the map, granted, Texas almost single handidly destroyed the conference with their Longhorn Network ********, but Texas Longhorns and the Oklahoma Sooners ARE a national brand there pal.

And when you turn on ESPN and ABC during saturday night football what teams are you more likely to see? Texas and Oklahoma? or Iowa? Yeah... simple answer.

Are you seriously kidding me? You need to take off the Black and Gold glasses, and open up. Texas and OU are the faces of the Big 12, they are the ones that put the conference on the map, granted, Texas almost single handidly destroyed the conference with their Longhorn Network ********, but Texas Longhorns and the Oklahoma Sooners ARE a national brand there pal.

don't be a dope.

don't be a dope.

Me? Alright, sounds good, i'll bet during conference re-alignment the first time, you thought that West Virginia, and TCU would never join the Big 12, I mean, hell we are a turd conference after all... jesus christ you don't get it.

Me? Alright, sounds good, i'll bet during conference re-alignment the first time, you thought that West Virginia, and TCU would never join the Big 12, I mean, hell we are a turd conference after all... jesus christ you don't get it.

Again, those turd schools aren't nearly as good as the four schools your turd conference lost.

Again, those turd schools aren't nearly as good as the four schools your turd conference lost.

REALLY?!
TCU... Rose Bowl Champions
West Virginia, Fiesta Bowl Champions..

Nebraska, is really the only one that had tradition in football, basketball nothing
Colorado.. they had a decent run in the 90s but nothing spectacular
A&M... Nothing
Mizzou...Nothing as well.

Next argument.

Holy hell, those teams won two bowl games?

Holy hell... they won BCS games, one victory being agianst the MIGHTY Big 10, and holy hell, it brings in more money for the conference, and holy hell again if we add FSU and Clemson, that's even MORE money for the conference.

Oh yeah, they also hung 70 on clemson in the Orange Bowl... almost forgot about that one.

Last edited:
The other win was against mighty Oklahoma way back in 2008.

Either way, it's not a 'national' conference, which was my original point. Have fun with your new hillbilly boyfriends. They'll be making you squeal like a pig as soon as they start playing.

Holy hell... they won BCS games, one victory being agianst the MIGHTY Big 10, and holy hell, it brings in more money for the conference, and holy hell again if we add FSU and Clemson, that's even MORE money for the conference.

Oh yeah, they also hung 70 on clemson in the Orange Bowl... almost forgot about that one.

You really think that more success in the last 5-10 years makes them a better overall school? So according to you, a conference would rather have Iowa over Michigan since they had been better over the last 5 years?

It just simply isn't the case. In no scenario possible does a TCU + WVU come close to the national pull of a Nebraska + Colorado + A&M + Missouri.

You really want to make an argument that national audiences will tune into a TCU vs ISU game over a Nebraska vs ISU game? If you think it is even close, there really is no point in trying to talk to you reasonable about anything.

Latest posts