Stephen A. Smith Rant - Vote For Trump

I've voted both in my past. Goal is to try to take the path of less evil. Not a contest anymore unfortunately.
Tough now, isn't it? Both are so extreme and litigate each other do death. I've never remembered a time where impeachments were constantly filed and pursued every year.

Oh, and Fire Time Lester.

Chit, wrong thread.

I would argue that they are both as evil as the other. 1 is just unashamedly more overt!
It's really tough to get a good gauge on who Trump really is unless you really pay attention. With so many clips taken out of context these days, the media and social media can easily make a hero out to be a villain or vice versa. I'm definitely not saying Trump is a hero. But it's pretty obvious the media is playing a huge role in villifying him.

The ability to pardon oneself is not settled and would come down to the SCOTUS. One must ask what the true remedy would be in the event a former president were convicted of crimes after he has exhausted his constitutionally authorized two term limit. They presumably couldn't put him in jail due to security constraints. They couldn't bar him from the ballot because he's already barred from running for president again. I guess they could keep him from running from the House or Senate, but would he do that at the age of 82? I doubt it.

Now that I have helped you, can you please help me? Here's the part I don't understand. We all knew right as it happened that January 6 was the darkest day in American history. The man on the TV said so right as it happened and for years afterward. Despite the horribleness of that day, a day in which Trump reached from the back seat and attempted to commandeer the secret service vehicle and drive it to the Capitol to lead the insurrection, charges were not brought until such time as Trump definitively announced he was getting into the race again for 2024 and was showing fairly positive polling numbers. Now I'm old enough to remember when the mere process of asking a question about a political opponent's role in Ukrainian politics was an impeachable offense because it interfered with the election, how is it not a problem to start brining charges right as the election cycle heats up? Were major facts discovered two plus years after January 6 that warranted the cases? I mean, we knew right then that an insurrection attempt had occurred. Why could these charges have not been adjudicated prior to right in the middle of the election year?
I'm totally in agreement with you as to why they waited for an election year and agree 100% it's politically motivated. But even if they'd of indicted him right away I'm not sure how long it would have taken to be adjudicated or to even get a court date and I'm willing to bet the intent would still be to draw it out as long as possible. It's just one of those things that makes me hate this election even more.

I'm totally in agreement with you as to why they waited for an election year and agree 100% it's politically motivated. But even if they'd of indicted him right away I'm not sure how long it would have taken to be adjudicated or to even get a court date and I'm willing to bet the intent would still be to draw it out as long as possible. It's just one of those things that makes me hate this election even more.
Do you think if Trump decided he wasn't going to run again they still would have came after him? I personally don't.

Do you think if Trump decided he wasn't going to run again they still would have came after him? I personally don't.
Who would "they" be? Do I think there'd of been indictments? I do, but I don't believe there would be as many as there are now. I don't agree with trying to get him removed from the ballot and obviously those wouldn't be issues if he weren't running, but at the same time the "insurrectionist" debate has spiraled out of control because he decided to run again.

Do I think it's a personal attack by the democratic party at times, but I also feel as though Trump has done enough to piss off a lot of people over the years and the entitlement and "untouchable" demeanor rubs a lot of people thin. And I'm not saying it's just Trump specifically, but Washington as a whole. Impeachment, indictments, investigations, threats... all these things are keeping running rampant right now and to be honest no one on either side is getting anything done, but want to puff their chest out like they are. The problem, as I see it, is there is absolutely no accountability on either side right now and nothing is going to change until we get a ballot in which Trump and Biden's name do not appear.

When people, regardless of political affiliations, attack and try to expose someone else it gets ugly. None of these politician's are saints and to be honest I don't believe any of them have our best interests or that of the wellbeing of this county at heart. It's nothing more then a pissing contest in which both parties are just as guilty as the other. Do i feel bad for Trump absolutely not. He's not a victim and should be held accountable but so should Biden, or anyone else if they break the law. I think we've finally reached a point where were tired of our politicians being above the law and untouchable and hopefully the dominoes start falling on both sides.

Who would "they" be? Do I think there'd of been indictments? I do, but I don't believe there would be as many as there are now. I don't agree with trying to get him removed from the ballot and obviously those wouldn't be issues if he weren't running, but at the same time the "insurrectionist" debate has spiraled out of control because he decided to run again.

Do I think it's a personal attack by the democratic party at times, but I also feel as though Trump has done enough to piss off a lot of people over the years and the entitlement and "untouchable" demeanor rubs a lot of people thin. And I'm not saying it's just Trump specifically, but Washington as a whole. Impeachment, indictments, investigations, threats... all these things are keeping running rampant right now and to be honest no one on either side is getting anything done, but want to puff their chest out like they are. The problem, as I see it, is there is absolutely no accountability on either side right now and nothing is going to change until we get a ballot in which Trump and Biden's name do not appear.

When people, regardless of political affiliations, attack and try to expose someone else it gets ugly. None of these politician's are saints and to be honest I don't believe any of them have our best interests or that of the wellbeing of this county at heart. It's nothing more then a pissing contest in which both parties are just as guilty as the other. Do i feel bad for Trump absolutely not. He's not a victim and should be held accountable but so should Biden, or anyone else if they break the law. I think we've finally reached a point where were tired of our politicians being above the law and untouchable and hopefully the dominoes start falling on both sides.
All that is fair and I agree with pretty much all of it. "They" is the people who are actually running our government. You sound like you pay enough attention to realize Biden has nothing to do with anything anymore.

I think the floodgates are open now as far as going after opponents legally goes. Most of me agrees politicians need to be held accountable. The problem with that is they will be held accountable by their political opponents which opens a pandora's box that will only lead to bad things.

This 2 party system has gotten out of hand. When you have a system set up where you can only get into power if the other side does bad, it's going to be constant roadblocks and sabotage by both parties to insure the other side does bad enough to not get re-elected.

The only thing I don't fully agree with is when you say you don't feel bad for Trump because he deserves it. With the way he was treated from day one, I have no idea what's deserved and what's not. It's definitely not nothing and it's definitely not everything. But where it falls in the middle I have no idea.

All that is fair and I agree with pretty much all of it. "They" is the people who are actually running our government. You sound like you pay enough attention to realize Biden has nothing to do with anything anymore.

I think the floodgates are open now as far as going after opponents legally goes. Most of me agrees politicians need to be held accountable. The problem with that is they will be held accountable by their political opponents which opens a pandora's box that will only lead to bad things.

This 2 party system has gotten out of hand. When you have a system set up where you can only get into power if the other side does bad, it's going to be constant roadblocks and sabotage by both parties to insure the other side does bad enough to not get re-elected.

The only thing I don't fully agree with is when you say you don't feel bad for Trump because he deserves it. With the way he was treated from day one, I have no idea what's deserved and what's not. It's definitely not nothing and it's definitely not everything. But where it falls in the middle I have no idea.
Your right that the problem is that they will be held accountable by their political opponents. The other problem with that is that they may also be tried by their political allies which makes it that much worse.

Fair enough about whether Trump does/doesn't deserve it and where exactly things fall on the spectrum. I've always been been straight forward and acknowledged that how I perceive him first and foremost as a person has influenced how I've viewed him as a President and policy maker. I've also made it clear that I see most politicians as nothing more then snake oil salesman and think they're loyal to no one but themselves. I just happen to see him on the more extreme end of the spectrum.

Your right that the problem is that they will be held accountable by their political opponents. The other problem with that is that they may also be tried by their political allies which makes it that much worse.

Fair enough about whether Trump does/doesn't deserve it and where exactly things fall on the spectrum. I've always been been straight forward and acknowledged that how I perceive him first and foremost as a person has influenced how I've viewed him as a President and policy maker. I've also made it clear that I see most politicians as nothing more then snake oil salesman and think they're loyal to no one but themselves. I just happen to see him on the more extreme end of the spectrum.
I never know much about him before he ran for president so didn't really know anything about his personality. I was hoping since he was a business man instead of a career politician he would be less corrupt l, help with the economy, and take down the national deficit. 4 years of him as president showed me that he was probably not less corrupt but probably not politically corrupt, he probably helped the economy, but didn't help the national debt.

My biggest issue with him now is how he handled covid, and more importantly, how he won't acknowledge his mistakes. Huge red flag for me. Still the lesser of two evils for me. If he gets back in and doesn't improve anything, I'll never vote again because it doesn't matter.

I never know much about him before he ran for president so didn't really know anything about his personality. I was hoping since he was a business man instead of a career politician he would be less corrupt l, help with the economy, and take down the national deficit. 4 years of him as president showed me that he was probably not less corrupt but probably not politically corrupt, he probably helped the economy, but didn't help the national debt.

My biggest issue with him now is how he handled covid, and more importantly, how he won't acknowledge his mistakes. Huge red flag for me. Still the lesser of two evils for me. If he gets back in and doesn't improve anything, I'll never vote again because it doesn't matter.

The irony of this all and kind of the point of the OP is that we are now in a position where we really can't afford to vote that way, with all the shitick, questions, or perceived baggage that Trump may bring. What other option do we have as a country and where our country is at this time. None.

The irony of this all and kind of the point of the OP is that we are now in a position where we really can't afford to vote that way, with all the shitick, questions, or perceived baggage that Trump may bring. What other option do we have as a country and where our country is at this time. None.
We got two choices now so can vote for one of them or not vote, so really 3. I know which one I be taking.

I assume there is a chance I'm getting played on social media with all the doom and gloom about the boarder and all the crimes being committed by illegals. But if that's all true, then we're in big trouble and the people on the left won't see it until it's too late. If the numbers are true on how many came across already, then in my opinion it's already too late.

I assume there is a chance I'm getting played on social media with all the doom and gloom about the boarder and all the crimes being committed by illegals. But if that's all true, then we're in big trouble and the people on the left won't see it until it's too late. If the numbers are true on how many came across already, then in my opinion it's already too late.
You know you're not "getting played" when you have mayor's of these "sanctuary cities" screaming at the top of their lungs how big the problem is. I live in Texas as it's been a problem for years and completely exploded out of control in the last 4 years. Not having a border wall is insane w/ the problem we have at our borders. Legal immigration is a great thing. What's going on now is not.

You know you're not "getting played" when you have mayor's of these "sanctuary cities" screaming at the top of their lungs how big the problem is. I live in Texas as it's been a problem for years and completely exploded out of control in the last 4 years. Not having a border wall is insane w/ the problem we have at our borders. Legal immigration is a great thing. What's going on now is not.
Yea thats pretty damning evidence.

Yes, I guess I didn't clarify what I was trying to state the best in the post. I meant we really have no other choice than to vote for Trump even with the mess is causing for him. Trump may not be perfect and work like most politicians, but this country really can't afford to vote left, IMO.

Yes, I guess I didn't clarify what I was trying to state the best in the post. I meant we really have no other choice than to vote for Trump even with the mess is causing for him. Trump may not be perfect and work like most politicians, but this country really can't afford to vote left, IMO.
I think you were clear. I was agreeing that there's no choice. We definitely can't afford 4 more years of Biden allowing people flooding in unchecked. I just think there's a good chance we are going to look back and realize we couldn't afford the last 4 years either.

Latest posts