Stephen A. Smith Rant - Vote For Trump

MelroseHawkins

I wonder if the ESPN Execs knew he was going to do this? I give him props for stating the truth what is happening. He's right. We don't take care of our own legal citizens in this nation now.

Is anybody really supporting the Democratic party now? They are absolutely insane and out-of-control. Who is man enough to admit they have changed sides since the last election? I see it in many comments of people that have switched in comment sections. Just wondering who lurks on here has changed due to what the hell is going on this this country now.

I'm registered as an independent, but here's my take and I'm not looking to turn this into a political debate and nothing I express is anything more then my opinion. I have never and will never vote for Trump. I despise him as both a person and politician. Like many, I'm beyond disappointed that Trump and Biden are the best our country can do and that neither party did anything to get anyone else in a position to contend and make a serious run for the presidency.

I'm simply answering the question with no intention of taking shots at Trump or Biden. Politics is a subject in which people are heavily grounded to their ideals and easily offended/argumentative when others disagree. People are going to believe what they want to believe and all I can hope is that at some point we can find a president to help unify this nation and bring the country closer together and unfortunately I don't see that happening with either Biden or Trump winning in 2024.

People are going to believe what they want to believe and all I can hope is that at some point we can find a president to help unify this nation and bring the country closer together and unfortunately I don't see that happening with either Biden or Trump winning in 2024.
1 is a non-leader who had some policies I agree with, the other is a horrible leader and person who has more policies I agree with.

I wonder if the ESPN Execs knew he was going to do this? I give him props for stating the truth what is happening. He's right. We don't take care of our own legal citizens in this nation now.

Is anybody really supporting the Democratic party now? They are absolutely insane and out-of-control. Who is man enough to admit they have changed sides since the last election? I see it in many comments of people that have switched in comment sections. Just wondering who lurks on here has changed due to what the hell is going on this this country now.

I do Melrose. Trump is unfit to be President.....and is likely looking at criminal charges. The question is, will it happen in time before the election, will the Supreme Court bail him out? I'm also afraid that a 2nd term of Trump will lead to scorched earth with his enemies. He does an amazing job of getting the undereducated to vote for him.....when he could give two shits less about them.

I'm also a pro-choice guy and I'm very sad to see what has become of the Supreme Court and what is happening to women in our country.

I think Trump does tap into identity politics which leads to support from his supporters. Now, I do think there is a problem in this country with the rule of law. We very much live in a society where everyone's a winner and there is a lot of entitlement. And Trump taps into people crossing the border blaming them for them as a part of this. Ironically, Trump himself acts very entitled and thinks he is a winner.

We are very divided.....if you are a Democrat your leaning solidly that way. If you are a Republican, you are leaning solidly that way.

Both Biden and Trump are old. Both probably not ideal with health and sharp minds. But, I think Biden is a much better man than Trump.

Use a Basketball Analogy

Biden= Tom Davis
Trump=Steve Alford

Last edited:
I do Melrose. Trump is unfit to be President.....and is likely looking at criminal charges. The question is, will it happen in time before the election, will the Supreme Court bail him out? I'm also afraid that a 2nd term of Trump will lead to scorched earth with his enemies. He does an amazing job of getting the undereducated to vote for him.....when he could give two shits less about them.

I'm also a pro-choice guy and I'm very sad to see what has become of the Supreme Court and what is happening to women in our country.

I think Trump does tap into identity politics which leads to support for his supporters. Now, I do think there is a problem in this country with the rule of law. We very much live in a society where everyone's a winner and there is a lot of entitlement. And Trump taps into people crossing the border blaming them for them as a part of this. Ironically, Trump himself acts very entitled and thinks he is a winner.

We are very divided.....if you are a Democrat your leaning solidly that way. If you are a Republican, you are leaning solidly that way.

Both Biden and Trump are old. Both probably not ideal with health and sharp minds. But, I think Biden is a much better man than Trump.

Use a Basketball Analogy

Biden= Mr. Davis
Trump=Steve Alford

I don't care what a president is like personally, as long as (s)he can run the country and keep the economy running strong, our borders secure and people safe. Yes, Trump is questionable as a character but I really don't care. That is with him and the one above, if you know what I mean. I didn't care that Bill Clinton was getting hummers in the Oval Office. It didn't matter.

This is kind of my point, it's so bad now that people are saying ya, I'd take Trump over this any day. That kind of tells you how bad it is and where people are at.

All the abortion ruling did was give the power back to each state. Way overblown, IMO. Maybe it's not all bad to make abortion a bit less convenient for some. It doesn't need to be used as a form of birth control or a back-up plan.

This is the only reason they are going after him this hard. They know he is a threat and they want to muddy it and put as many questions out there as they can. Our entire political system is a complete joke with this chit.

Again, I don't care how good of man they are personally.

So you would rather have a man of character (cough cough) in the White House that is making decisions that is detrimental to pretty much the entire nation than have a man in there with questionable character that at least has the best chance at keeping the economy strong and borders secure?

What is happening now is a big CF and with the inflation and housing concerns everything is upside down like a mortgage. Hell, I think 40% of car loans are upside down as well. It is a mess.

I do appreciate your response and comments. Good debate.

I don't care what a president is like personally, as long as (s)he can run the country and keep the economy running strong, our borders secure and people safe. Yes, Trump is questionable as a character but I really don't care. That is with him and the one above, if you know what I mean. I didn't care that Bill Clinton was getting hummers in the Oval Office. It didn't matter.

This is kind of my point, it's so bad now that people are saying ya, I'd take Trump over this any day. That kind of tells you how bad it is and where people are at.

All the abortion ruling did was give the power back to each state. Way overblown, IMO. Maybe it's not all bad to make abortion a bit less convenient for some. It doesn't need to be used as a form of birth control or a back-up plan.

This is the only reason they are going after him this hard. They know he is a threat and they want to muddy it and put as many questions out there as they can. Our entire political system is a complete joke with this chit.

Again, I don't care how good of man they are personally.

So you would rather have a man of character (cough cough) in the White House that is making decisions that is detrimental to pretty much the entire nation than have a man in there with questionable character that at least has the best chance at keeping the economy strong and borders secure?

What is happening now is a big CF and with the inflation and housing concerns everything is upside down like a mortgage. Hell, I think 40% of car loans are upside down as well. It is a mess.

I do appreciate your response and comments. Good debate.
I think Presidents can get stuck with bad economies…..or good economies based off what the predecessor did or didn’t do. I think Biden was walking into a mess after COVID. Good news is gas prices have gone down. I do think the border is a problem…..has been for awhile…..it is interesting though how the dems were going to give the republicans what they wanted on the border..but that is not good for political business for Trump….as that is one of his top selling points. Hence not going anywhere. I think it is more of a financial burden on women to have to travel out of state for a medical procedure. Just as much as it could be argued illegals can be a drain on resources…..unwanted pregnancies are as well. You can tell the youngsters to close their legs or keep it in their pants….but a lot of them are dumb….and the village ends up paying for it. The biggest thing I worry about with Biden is him falling down and breaking a hip. With Trump…..any bad thing is possible with further decaying democracy and ethics.

Last edited:

I think Trump does tap into identity politics which leads to support from his supporters. Now, I do think there is a problem in this country with the rule of law. We very much live in a society where everyone's a winner and there is a lot of entitlement. And Trump taps into people crossing the border blaming them for them as a part of this. Ironically, Trump himself acts very entitled and thinks he is a winner.

Use a Basketball Analogy

Biden= Mr. Davis
Trump=Steve Alford
Good stuff.

Any court of law anywhere should have no authority over a woman’s right to choose. The fight over abortion is a fight led by the religious beliefs of the so called pro lifers. Fine. Then don’t get an abortion.
I knew damn well where this would go. It has gone stark raving made with over reach. Embryo’s. Rape. Incest. Require mothers to potentially sacrifice their lives to give birth. Soon, birth control?

My daughters, granddaughters, daughters in law, are perfectly capable of good decisions. Then it is up to them and God from there. We would be well advised to stop telling God what He thinks. Like we know?

Melrose: Do your homework on abortion. And, if you truly believe “convenience“ and abortion should be used in the same sentence, that is very, very sad.

Last edited:
I think Presidents can get stuck with bad economies…..or good economies based off what the predecessor did or didn’t do. I think Biden was walking into a mess after COVID. Good news is gas prices have gone down. I do think the border is a problem…..has been for awhile…..it is interesting though how the dems were going to give the republicans what they wanted on the border..but that is not good for political business for Trump….as that is one of his top selling points. Hence not going anywhere. I think it is more of a financial burden on women to have to travel out of state for a medical procedure. Just as much as it could be argued illegals can be a drain on resources…..unwanted pregnancies are as well. You can tell the youngsters to close their legs or keep it in their pants….but a lot of them are dumb….and the village ends up paying for it. The biggest thing I worry about with Biden is him falling down and breaking a hip. With Trump…..any bad thing is possible with further decaying democracy and ethics.
Yup.

I don’t vote for rapists. Not ever.

Did you vote for Jim Crow Joe? If so, you voted for a rapist. Tara Reade made a rape allegation against him. We must believe all women, it is our highest commandment. Do you not believe all women or do you only believe women when they accuse men like Clarence Thomas, Kavanaugh or Trump? It's almost like there's a playbook at work here...

People are going to believe what they want to believe and all I can hope is that at some point we can find a president to help unify this nation and bring the country closer together and unfortunately I don't see that happening with either Biden or Trump winning in 2024.

"Unity" is a myth. The only time this country is ever unified is against a common enemy which the government and large corporations have consent to defeat. And even that is becoming extremely precarious because half of the country is done with playing WorldCop and don't want to see American blood spilled over border disputes or grift operations run by billionaires and the elite politburos they control. Unity is only achieved on days like September 12, 2001 or December 8, 1941.

There is simply no middle ground on a bunch of issues. I mean, you tell me how to create unity when a 6'3" man shows up at a women's swimming meet claiming to be a woman and demanding to compete. There are plenty of people who have been brainwashed into the position that disallowing that man to compete is "genocide." Many of the women are too cowardly to say anything, but at the end of the day women have a separate class in most sports because they are biologically different than men in that they on average have less bone density and lower muscle mass than men. Someone has to be the asshole to tell the guy trying to compete "no" but our society has become so pussified that the mere act of telling Bruce Jenner that he can't run in the women's marathon class has become verboten.

Any court of law anywhere should have no authority over a woman’s right to choose.

MEN CAN HAVE BABIES, TOO. STOP TRYING TO ERASE TRANS EXISTENCE. The most recently appointed SCOTUS justice refused to give a definition of a woman. The proper way to state your sentence is to use the term "birthing person" instead of "woman."

The left has compromised both the media and social media to the point where it's impossible to judge Trump's character unless you know him personally.

Biden gets accused of rape, the story goes away. Biden's daughter says he showered with her inappropriately, the story goes away. Biden says "if you don't vote for me you're not black" the story goes away. Biden (handlers) instigate Russia into invading Ukrane to launder money, You're a Putin puppet if you don't defend democracy by starting WW3. Biden (handlers) open the boarder to flood the country with 18 million votes, you're racist if you don't want them in.

Trump gets accused of rape, nonstop media coverage. Trump says "both sides have very fine people, and I'm not talking about the KKK", non stop coverage about how he called the KKK very fine people. Trump renegotiated trading deals with China, he's going to start WW3. Trump kills a terrorist, he gets shit on for that.

I'm serious when I say this. If the media decided tomorrow to switch roles and make Trump the good guy and Biden the bad guy, they could convince everyone of it by the end of the year without technically telling a lie.

Last edited:
Abortions are a funny topic in the sense that the majority of both sides probably agree more than they think they do but somehow still hate each other over their opinions. Most everyone thinks they are ok up until a certain point. Some people are extreme on both sides and think the day after pill is wrong or it's ok to abort right up until birth, but most people are on the same side here.

The biggest issue is people waste time debating stupid shit like whether or not a woman has a right to choose instead of important shit like when is the best time to cut off the right to abort because you're killing a baby. Almost no one believes a woman's right to choose trumps being allowed to murder a baby. They only say a woman has a right to choose because they don't believe it's a baby yet.

The right's side on this debate is the easiest side to understand (even if you don't agree with it) of any debate in the history of politics. It's a baby so you can't kill it. It's that simple. Don't agree that it's a baby if you want. But how could you argue that it is a baby but it's still ok to kill it?

All that said, I ironically am on the side that believes it is a baby and you should be able to kill it, and I could write a book about why with how in depth my reasoning is. But I do recognize my reasoning is morbid and it's a pretty messed up thing to do.

Gas prices always go down this time of year and in the winter, ALWAYS. They will ramp up like they always do in the summer. Book it.

As far as the abortion debate, I don't think it should even be a political topic. My view is that we shouldn't be forced to make it completely convenient. Yes, it's inconvenient a woman might have to go out of state, but maybe that is a lesson learned to the couple. That is another problem we have in this country. We are hell bound on making every single person and situation convenient and comfortable. Everything! That is not really possible but we go to all ends to do it, which ends up suppressing the majority many times. It's a rat in a wheel.

Now, personally I think we should just have abortion available and the decision will be with the couple and the one above. They can live with those consequences. The reason I think it should be available is we don't need women performing or having them performed in their own homes as what would happen and is dangerous.

Last edited:
Gas prices always go down this time of year and in the winter, ALWAYS. They will ramp up like they always do in the summer. Book it.
Any court of law anywhere should have no authority over a woman’s right to choose. The fight over abortion is a fight led by the religious beliefs of the so called pro lifers. Fine. Then don’t get an abortion.
I knew damn well where this would go. It has gone stark raving made with over reach. Embryo’s. Rape. Incest. Require mothers to potentially sacrifice their lives to give birth. Soon, birth control?

My daughters, granddaughters, daughters in law, are perfectly capable of good decisions. Then it is up to them and God from there. We would be well advised to stop telling God what He thinks. Like we know?

I agree it's been a political leverage topic started forever ago and it simply shouldn't be. It's a personal decision and the government should stay out of it. So, I'm pro life but agree they should be available if that makes any sense. I don't like them but it would not be good without them available for reasons outlined in my post above.

Melrose: Do your homework on abortion. And, if you truly believe “convenience“ and abortion should used in the same sentence, that is very, very sad.
Do my homework? Tell me exactly where I need more education pertaining to this topic. Start there.

Am I wrong that it is not a state decision?

"I don't agree with you, so do your homework." Whatever.

Latest posts