Something I heard re: QB's and Ruddock

That doesn't explain why they wouldn't play Rudock, though. You can play Rudock without blowing Sokol's redshirt.

Agree. They'll need a back up next year, too. So if Rudock isn't the starter next year, he'll still need to be ready to go. Not an excuse not to play him. Ferentz blew it. Iowa didn't have the comfortable blow out non-conference game, so this might have been the lone opportunity to get him some minutes. Unless Ferentz knows something the rest of us only fear - that they'll be more opportunities this year because more games like Penn State are upcoming.

IF, if that is the reason or part of it, I'd vote for not playing him this year and having him for two years. Because I think the OL will be solid next year, the TE's who are playing now will all be back, and every receiver in the mix save Keenan will be back, as will every running back and your fullback.

I don't see Iowa beating Michigan on the road. I think they split these next two at best. I think they can beat Purdue, but the Boilers can be salty and if there is nothing to play for v Nebraska, not liking that one. But that's just me and I don't coach or play

Sorry, you're right. For some reason I was thinking he only had one year at Scottsdale CC. However, as other posters have pointed out, why not at least give JR a chance during a blowout?

Wow. Just wow. Now, will Marc Morehouse have the stones to tell KF this to his face at his press conference and ask him if he has any explanation as to what makes Iowa so special that the backup QB doesn't get reps?

It was asked three times already.

I do realize how crazy it all is...and am trying to make some sense of it. I realize Kirk is stubborn and loyal but don't want to think he's THAT stubborn and loyal.

I don't want to come to the realization like I did on my dad's couch yesterday...that the old man may be going crazy, when he was contemplating the existence or lack there of of Sasquatch.

Bigfoot exists. And I'm not wholly crazy.

Things I learned about Sasquatch yesterday since my dad wanted to watch it and not the free trial of the NFL's Redzone Channel since he said 'I can't watch this, it gives me a headache.'

-Squatches used power lines as their interstate system
-Squatches primary protein sources are deer, and they tackle them and break their legs so they can't run
-Researches search bear poop to see what Squatches have been eating, since they eat the same things
-Squatches regularly throw rocks at humans, especially at campsites
-Squatches must scream real loud at night in the wild, because that's what these fools were doing to what, draw them in?
-Squatches walk on all fours more than you might thing.

Things I learned about Sasquatch yesterday since my dad wanted to watch it and not the free trial of the NFL's Redzone Channel since he said 'I can't watch this, it gives me a headache.'

-Squatches used power lines as their interstate system
-Squatches primary protein sources are deer, and they tackle them and break their legs so they can't run
-Researches search bear poop to see what Squatches have been eating, since they eat the same things
-Squatches regularly throw rocks at humans, especially at campsites
-Squatches must scream real loud at night in the wild, because that's what these fools were doing to what, draw them in?
-Squatches walk on all fours more than you might thing.

They knock too. It's a form of communication, much like the howl (incorrectly referred to as a "scream" by this site's owner)

Part of JVB's success v Ohio State in 2009 was that OSU chose not to blitz him hardly at all...they sat back in base and the OL did a decent job containing four rushers.

This year, teams are flat releasing the hounds, as they should.

and by doing this guys are wide open all over the field yet he can't find them. How in the world watching film can the coaches and JVB himself not see how many times guys are wide open or are in one on one match ups with no safety help at all yet he throws into double or triple coverage. How does a guy that has played QB for as long as he has not be able to at least look off his primary target every once in a awhile? It just really makes no sense at all.

If some bum in the stands can see this why can't JVB or the coaches?

Please keep in mind this is a free/family board. With that said, I've actually taken down a squatch with my arrow...just saying that it can be done.

Was it an infant or elderly Squatch? Because those are the only Squatches that could possibly be brought down by an arrow. Even that is a long shot.

I think you might be on to something here.

Was it an infant or elderly Squatch? Because those are the only Squatches that could possibly be brought down by an arrow. Even that is a long shot.

Both of those options actually make me sick to even think about! If I take down a squatch with an arrow, it has to born in the 70's to early (maybe mid) 80's...After re-reading this, now I'm VERY creeped out by this joke. I'm done.

If they are keeping Sokol under wraps because of some sort of unknown future success then they are just as dumb as the Nationals. I know it doesn't feel like it after the loss to Penn State, but simply AVERAGE QB play could result in us still winning the division. And if there's still a chance to win the division and match up against an average Wisconsin team for the right to go to the Rose Bowl, what sense does it make to sit Sokol? Next year, OSU becomes eligible, so the chances of going to the Rose Bowl will get infinitely slimmer. Why not throw all our eggs into the remainder of this year and see if we can't pull out the division? All I know is that we have a 0% chance with JVB and simple math tells me there isn't a smaller % chance of something happening than zero, so why not go with the unknown? The freaking future is now, not next year.

Quite frankly, it's the ONLY thing that make any sense to just keep letting JVB ride this out...and if its true, then it does make sense and IS evidence that they are thinking of the future.

It still makes no sense that they don't allow Jake to go under center for a series or 2.

Iowa wants to run the ball every time anyway... let him hand it off 3 times in a row just to have the experience. Next series 2 times in a row and then play action or a screen pass.

Could that be anything worse? If so put JVB back in.

But isn't the future NOW!! Does not that suggest Ferentz is giving up only half way into a season?

No Legends losses and his kid leading the O-line?

If so Jon, I may even start calling for Ferentz's job.

Latest posts