Something I heard re: QB's and Ruddock

I'm sure there were times in 09 when people were asking for JVB, they just weren't very loud about it and probably didn't say anything again after the Indiana comeback.

And yet whenever we have a QB struggle, everyone wants to go with the backup. It didn't take many games into the 2006 season for people to start calling for Jake or many games into the 2010 season for people to call for JVB. Kurt protects us from ourselves. If it was up to the idiots on this board, by week 10 we'd be playing the guy who quarterbacked the best intramural team on campus.
In all honesty I kind of wish Tate's injury was worse so he wouldn't play in 06. We would have known then JC wasn't good and we would have Tate 100% in 07.

We're heading into our 8th game of the season. If this is the best we have at QB, we truly might be looking at a 4-8 season. That's sickening.

Heard from a buddy that the drop between Ruddock and JVB is pretty steep, but that the staff is EXTREMELY high on Sokol and expects him to win the competition handily next year.

Anyone else with real connections hear anything similar?

Quite frankly, it's the ONLY thing that make any sense to just keep letting JVB ride this out...and if its true, then it does make sense and IS evidence that they are thinking of the future.

Part of JVB's success v Ohio State in 2009 was that OSU chose not to blitz him hardly at all...they sat back in base and the OL did a decent job containing four rushers.

This year, teams are flat releasing the hounds, as they should.

Also, JVB had a pick six called back on a penalty in that game and threw to Moeaki triple covered and the ball tipped in the air and Tony caught it.

There is not a huge drop off.... Minnesota sucks, and we played their backup, and he was not a huge drop off from JVB....
Put Shortel behind our Oline and we would at least have a play action game.... The lack of a good line and no rushing game doomed the Gophers. I honestly thought Shortel looked better than JVB. His play action game was incredible. Fooled me, and the TV cameramen, time after time.

Quite frankly, it's the ONLY thing that make any sense to just keep letting JVB ride this out...and if its true, then it does make sense and IS evidence that they are thinking of the future.

So does KF tell JVB that he is the sacrificial lamb for the season and he's not going to send little Rudy Rudock out there to ruin his confidence to be the backup QB again next year? Or does he BS him?

Jon, do you realize how completely ridiculous that sounds? We don't have a single back up QB who is good enough to get snaps in a 38 point blow out?

Jon, do you realize how completely ridiculous that sounds? We don't have a single back up QB who is good enough to get snaps in a 38 point blow out?

I do realize how crazy it all is...and am trying to make some sense of it. I realize Kirk is stubborn and loyal but don't want to think he's THAT stubborn and loyal.

I don't want to come to the realization like I did on my dad's couch yesterday...that the old man may be going crazy, when he was contemplating the existence or lack there of of Sasquatch.

I do realize how crazy it all is...and am trying to make some sense of it. I realize Kirk is stubborn and loyal but don't want to think he's THAT stubborn and loyal.

I don't want to come to the realization like I did on my dad's couch yesterday...that the old man may be going crazy, when he was contemplating the existence or lack there of of Sasquatch.

Sasquatch would be a better QB than JVB. ;)

Sasquatch would be a better QB than JVB. ;)

That goes without saying but unfortunately we'll never get to see it as JVB shot and killed Sasquatch with his bow just this last Sunday. I heard he's going to have it mounted with his bear like they were involved in some sort of epic battle to the death.

So, you're saying that even though the staff feels "EXTREMELY high on Sokol", that it would be better to sit him, versus getting actual FBS experience, before taking the reigns next year?

So, you're saying that even though the staff feels "EXTREMELY high on Sokol", that it would be better to sit him, versus getting actual FBS experience, before taking the reigns next year?

IF, if that is the reason or part of it, I'd vote for not playing him this year and having him for two years. Because I think the OL will be solid next year, the TE's who are playing now will all be back, and every receiver in the mix save Keenan will be back, as will every running back and your fullback.

I don't see Iowa beating Michigan on the road. I think they split these next two at best. I think they can beat Purdue, but the Boilers can be salty and if there is nothing to play for v Nebraska, not liking that one. But that's just me and I don't coach or play

Dude--Squatches are perfectly plausible. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Low numbers of an ape that live in heavily secluded areas--not impossible.

IF, if that is the reason or part of it, I'd vote for not playing him this year and having him for two years. Because I think the OL will be solid next year, the TE's who are playing now will all be back, and every receiver in the mix save Keenan will be back, as will every running back and your fullback.

LOL!

That goes without saying but unfortunately we'll never get to see it as JVB shot and killed Sasquatch with his bow just this last Sunday. I heard he's going to have it mounted with his bear like they were involved in some sort of epic battle to the death.

You ain't taking a squatch down with a bow, my friend.

That doesn't explain why they wouldn't play Rudock, though. You can play Rudock without blowing Sokol's redshirt.

Why not play Rudock? My GUESS is two-fold: (1) he is not as good as JVB, despite cries to the impossibility of this from 2/3 of the posters on here; and (2) they think they can get to a bowl and need JVB to get better in the offense/keep his confidence to do so.

Latest posts