Something I heard re: QB's and Ruddock

How many seasons would JVB have to play in GD's offense to throw 15 TD passes? 3? 4?

I don't doubt that some of the problem with JVB's lack of numbers have to do with the O we are running but if you can't complete a slant to a wide open guy, throw a 5 yard out at the guy's feet, lock on to the primary target almost every play, and just make horrible decisions with the ball you have a bigger problem than the play calling.

Don't get me wrong GD's O clearly isn't working very well but he isn't the one throwing the ball on the field. Hell take a look at the MSU game last week. The first screen he called was WIDE open and would have gone for 20,30+ yards if Vandy would have just taken one step to the side and thrown the ball, instead he tries to throw it over a guy that is right in his face and 6'6 and it gets picked off. QB play is a big part of the problem why our O isn't working.

I still think this is a silly reason to not play him.

So what can happen?

Rudock plays like crap and we continue to lose OR he comes in plays decent and we have a battle next year for the starting QB.

I don't see a problem with either of those scenarios.

Me either.

Heard the same thing before: there was a huge gap between J. Christensen and Stanzi. Yeah, that really turned out to be true didn't it?

Coler>>>>>Canzeri>>>>>Deandre Johnson>>>>>Bullock>>>>>>Garmon>>>>Hill>>>>Who is this Weisman guy?

No wonder Hawk fans have their doubt.

It's pretty easy to see by now that Kurt and JVB have a serious bromance going on. That's really all it boils down to.

There is not a huge drop off. People need to stop saying that. Just watch college football. Has anyone seen a single college QB this season that is a HUGE drop off from JVB? Iowa St. has two QBs who suck. They may or may not be better than JVB, but there is not a huge drop off. Illinois plays three QBs, and they may be one of the worst teams in the BCS, and while they all suck, not one of them is significantly worse than JVB. Minnesota sucks, and we played their backup, and he was not a huge drop off from JVB.

I refuse to believe we have the only backup in the world who is incapable of playing.

Let's admit the only place anyone has heard that there is such a large dropoff from Vandenberg to Rudock is from Jon Miller. And where did he probably hear it from? Oh yeah, the guys that are deciding to keep playing Vandenberg.

Of the 124 football teams in FBS Iowa is the ONLY team that has played 1 quarterback thru 8 wks of the season. source: http://ncaa.org
Retweeted by marcmorehouse

Wow. Just wow. Now, will Marc Morehouse have the stones to tell KF this to his face at his press conference and ask him if he has any explanation as to what makes Iowa so special that the backup QB doesn't get reps?

IMO I'm guessing that Vandy is a better practice performer than Rudock. Not by any means am I saying that I don't think Rudock deserves a chance or wouldn't be able to put up the gut-wrenching numbers that Vandy has so far. The fact is regardless of what people think, all coaches are driven by competition and wins and losses and I don't see any scenario in which a coach allows a better player to sit. KF definitely is one who rides a starter regardless of their in game performance, but I think he makes those decisions based on how well they practice and doesn't believe that because one may be a practice all-american that its impossible for the back up to actually out perform him on game day.

There is not a huge drop off. People need to stop saying that. Just watch college football. Has anyone seen a single college QB this season that is a HUGE drop off from JVB? Iowa St. has two QBs who suck. They may or may not be better than JVB, but there is not a huge drop off. Illinois plays three QBs, and they may be one of the worst teams in the BCS, and while they all suck, not one of them is significantly worse than JVB. Minnesota sucks, and we played their backup, and he was not a huge drop off from JVB.

I refuse to believe we have the only backup in the world who is incapable of playing.

We don't. But, what we do have, is the ONLY coach in all of college football that has yet to play the backup 8 weeks into the season. Let me repeat that for those a little slow on the take.....Iowa is the only program in college football that has not given a single snap to it's backup QB. Does JVBs mom have incriminating photos of KF or what the he!! is going on here?!

Agreed. I think the CIML has a few QBs that wouldn't be a huge dropoff.

Only way the backup is a "huge dropoff" is if he has never played QB before.

Wow. Just wow. Now, will Marc Morehouse have the stones to tell KF this to his face at his press conference and ask him if he has any explanation as to what makes Iowa so special that the backup QB doesn't get reps?

Go to Carlos O'Kelly's at 7 on Wednesday and ask him yourself.

If I got paid, I would. But since Morehouse gets paid the "big bucks" to ask the tough, insightful questions, I'll let him have a stab at it!

Clearly he doesn't. If you're going to call him out for not having teh stones, however, why don't you do it? If the media is too whipped, why don't the fans take him to task? He is contractually obligated to talk to stoopid fans. He makes 4mil, make him earn it.

Latest posts