Social Issue/Political Discussion Relating to Iowa Football

It is unpredictable. I would guess being outdoors helps whereas the sun belt is too hot. I suppose Houston and
Phoenix are expendable?

It's just not as simple as you expressed.

We know the economic situation is serious.
gdpnow-forecast-evolution.gif

upload_2020-7-11_18-5-29.gif

I think of Miami Vice whenever I hear Crockett's Theme by Jan Hammer, see guys in pastel suits, or dudes in cigarette boats trying to get away from the DEA.

You quoted me and then went all non sequitur. So it’s on you to make your point cogent.

My point is you are wrong. I would suggest not listening to InfoWars. Covid 19nis deadly serious and much more of a risk to all beyond those you see as not valuable.

I'm starting to think the length of this "investigation" is only meant to finalize the proper dollar sign. A. What Ferentz is entitled to upon resignation/firing/retirement and B. What is the settlement for the black players. I'm over it. Ferentz has had a long successful career albeit not without controversy. It's time to move on.

My point is you are wrong. I would suggest not listening to InfoWars. Covid 19nis deadly serious and much more of a risk to all beyond those you see as not valuable.
Well you’re just a mouth-breathing moron.

The numbers are straight off the CDC.

You’re an asshole for your conclusion about me simply because you can’t fathom numbers from the CDC.

Remember, we’re all in this together.

Deaths are not growing. Death rate is down 90% from April.

Healthy people getting tested and with positive results was expected all along. The spike in southwest states are in the border counties.
Mexico is testing at 50% positive.

Border. Counties.

Florida, the first/second geriatric State in the country is not above the death rate of 2018

Only 91 15-24 year olds have died with/because of Wuhan flu. 151 have died from pneumonia.

OK. You cite CDC. So, I will accept your statements as accurate. What does the CDC say about the fact that 38+ states have seen record setting spikes since re-opening picked up speed? Any comments about hospitals in Texas, Florida, and soon Arizona maxing out intensive care? Increased testing, of course, found more infection. But as a variable, it does not come close to accounting for the pandemic being worse now than soon after its onset.

What does Mexico have to do with the CDC?

What you label as “border states”, Texas, Florida, Arizona, have quite a few acres and lots of people nowhere near the border.

I really think you are cherry picking. Guess we will see as we watch future data.

Well you’re just a mouth-breathing moron.

The numbers are straight off the CDC.

You’re an asshole for your conclusion about me simply because you can’t fathom numbers from the CDC.

Remember, we’re all in this together.

Dude, I have no idea what you are talking about. I know what the CDC numbers have been doing. As far as conclusions about you, still don't know what you are talking about.

OK. You cite CDC. So, I will accept your statements as accurate. What does the CDC say about the fact that 38+ states have seen record setting spikes since re-opening picked up speed? Any comments about hospitals in Texas, Florida, and soon Arizona maxing out intensive care? Increased testing, of course, found more infection. But as a variable, it does not come close to accounting for the pandemic being worse now than soon after its onset.

What does Mexico have to do with the CDC?

What you label as “border states”, Texas, Florida, Arizona, have quite a few acres and lots of people nowhere near the border.

I really think you are cherry picking. Guess we will see as we watch future data.

I wondered the same things. Not sure what numbers he's looking at.

Dude, I have no idea what you are talking about. I know what the CDC numbers have been doing. As far as conclusions about you, still don't know what you are talking about.

DD a is spot on Your a mouth breathing tool and it’s sad how far this site has fallen. Pretty pathetic honestly! I once loved HN YOU Should of kept it to sports Rob!!!

I'm writing about sports and it's generating very little discussion. This thread and the two I started over the weekend, however, are popular. This thread has about 34K views in less than two weeks. Draw your own conclusions.

I don't think there will be a college football season now, with COVID surging again. I just don't see it happening, particularly at schools like Michigan where the COVID concern is off the charts (my daughter lives in Ann Arbor and EVERYONE is wearing masks there).

The Husch Blackwell report will be released, and then the President and the Board of Regents will have plenty of time to decide what to do with Kirk Ferentz, Gary Barta and the Iowa football program. I think it is very difficult to predict what will happen on that front.

DD a is spot on Your a mouth breathing tool and it’s sad how far this site has fallen. Pretty pathetic honestly! I once loved HN YOU Should of kept it to sports Rob!!!

Nice. Sorry you disagree.
There was no way to keep it only on sports. We've had several once in a lifetime events happen. The country is divided so it is expected to have division here.

COVID 19 has been discussed to death. We will have disagreement.

Per the other event, put the blame where it belongs.... KF. No one else. Minimally recruiting will suffer. I would guess the Hawks will be a traveling circus with demonstrations.

Be honest, you knew there were issues, but didn't want to admit it.

There is a silent majority out there and it's not supportive. It will show in ambivalence.

Last edited:
Nice. Sorry you disagree.
There was no way to keep it only on sports. We've had several once in a lifetime events happen. The country is divided so it is expected to have division here.

COVID 19 has been discussed to death. We will have disagreement.

Per the other event, put the blame where it belongs.... KF. No one else. Minimally recruiting will suffer. I would guess the Hawks will be a traveling circus with demonstrations.

Be honest, you knew there were issues, but didn't want to admit it.

There is a silent majority out there and it's not supportive. It will show in ambivalence.

Not so sure you are correct about the silent majority comment. Lots of people are afraid to voice their opinions for fear of being branded racist. However this turns out for the Hawkeye Coaching staff, life will go on.

Not so sure you are correct about the silent majority comment. Lots of people are afraid to voice their opinions for fear of being branded racist. However this turns out for the Hawkeye Coaching staff, life will go on.

We can disagree and that's OK. Yes, most people would rather ignore it, but with ambivalence. The naivety is gone. There are also a large number of people who are afraid to voice the otherway. One thing for sure, life is going to be different.

Latest posts