Social Issue/Political Discussion Relating to Iowa Football

Another great episode from The Washed Up Walkons. I wanted to create a new thread, but figured the comments that ensue would get it locked.

So let me get this straight. Some people have the advantage of being better athletes and don't have to work as hard at it? They are athletically privileged?
Some people have an easier time with classes? They are scholastically privileged?
Some people have an easier time maintaining weight? They are mass privileged?
Come on, this can't be true, everyone knows it's either gender, sexual preference or race that are the root causes of everything.
A 5-9 170 pound running back should not have to work harder than a 5-11 200 pounder. That's obviously biased. Nobody should ever have to push themselves or work harder for any reason.
Or.......
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

So let me get this straight. Some people have the advantage of being better athletes and don't have to work as hard at it? They are athletically privileged?
Some people have an easier time with classes? They are scholastically privileged?
Come on, this can't be true, everyone knows it's either gender, sexual preference or race that are the root causes of everything.
A 5-9 170 pound running back should not have to work harder than a 5-11 200 pounder. That's obviously biased. Nobody should ever have to push themselves or work harder for any reason.
Or.......
Reported for stupidity...

Peter Pekar is back right middle of the '17 leadership group photo. He's also to DJT's left in the below photo, helping him hold up the Hawkeye jersey.

TrumpHawks.jpg

Brandon Snyder's between Ward and Kulick.
Wasn't Snyder unceremoniously told to get lost for having multiple bone headed issues? Kinda surprised to see him on this list. These things are prom king popularity contests though. He coulda been popular amongst the guys.

Wasn't Snyder unceremoniously told to get lost for having multiple bone headed issues? Kinda surprised to see him on this list. These things are prom king popularity contests though. He coulda been popular amongst the guys.
Snyder’s a douche bag and was not popular in the locker room according to two other guys I've talked with who played at the same time as him. One was a teammate of Brandon's in HS, and one was from another area school up here.

He and his family wear their righteousness on their sleeves when and if it suits them. Snyder got a job back here coaching 9th grade baseball the past couple summers and there are two schools (that I know of) he’s told not to be at per their ADs. Absolute puke to deal with on a sports field and the exact opposite of the humble person he and his dad tried to portray him as after his booze issues. Koury Kramer (WL’s varsity baseball coach) actually kicked him out of the dugout of a varsity game. Last year I worked a freshman plate and Snyder was coaching first; the Sioux Center pitcher had a very borderline twitch back to first after coming set, I told his catcher he could go talk to him if he wanted, otherwise I was calling it the next time. I (and most umpires) give slight leeway with balks at the freshman level and give catchers a chance to talk to their guy first as a learning tool. Did it again, I called it, and Snyder goes “About time, sir, thank you! Seen that all afternoon but I’m not an official so thank you again!” Then he asks if I’m working the varsity game lol. Whoever West Lyon’s JV coach is called time and walked over there to talk to him and took over. His own fucking coaching staff can’t stand him but his dad's a principal and does a bunch of AD duties. And I don't know about you guys, but I'm not aware of too many people with a less than one year old OWI on their records who get voted off their team because of repeated alcohol problems, and then get a coaching certificate issued in the state of Iowa...hmm...And yes, in Iowa you have to get a coaching certificate from the state even to work as a volunteer.

But I digress on that issue...

It definitely runs in the family. This past season I was at the West Sioux vs WL basketball game Tim (his dad) was there standing at the baseline like he always does, chanting "one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand" at the top of his lungs because he thinks lane violations never get called. Does it all game. My buddy was an official and at the end of the game jogged by and goes, "Thanks for the help, Tim, we appreciate it," and he chased after all three guys down the hall and into the locker room dropping F-bombs. My friend should have kept his mouth shut, but chasing after officials like that is a huge no-no and just a generally douchey thing to do.

The whole family is a bunch of entitled shit stains who think they're royalty because they were at various points big fish/small pond. It's not unique to Larchwood, you've probably seen it in many itty bitty towns where sports is literally the only thing a school has. All of their sports coaches are either 2nd or 3rd generation players from that town and are bringing the 4th generation through right now. There's an air of douchebaggery with certain ones like the Snyders and others, and some are great like the Kramers.

The embarrassment Snyder laid on the town really brought the Jesus out in Brandon and Tim but funnily enough it goes away when the reporters or camera guys leave town...

Last edited:
Or.......

Orientation

Snyder’s a douche bag and was not popular in the locker room according to two other guys I've talked with who played at the same time as him. One was a teammate of Brandon's in HS, and one was from another area school up here.

He and his family wear their righteousness on their sleeves when and if it suits them. Snyder got a job back here coaching 9th grade baseball the past couple summers and there are two schools (that I know of) he’s told not to be at per their ADs. Absolute puke to deal with on a sports field and the exact opposite of the humble person he and his dad tried to portray him as after his booze issues. Koury Kramer (WL’s varsity baseball coach) actually kicked him out of the dugout of a varsity game. Last year I worked a freshman plate and Snyder was coaching first; the Sioux Center pitcher had a very borderline twitch back to first after coming set, I told his catcher he could go talk to him if he wanted, otherwise I was calling it the next time. I (and most umpires) give slight leeway with balks at the freshman level and give catchers a chance to talk to their guy first as a learning tool. Did it again, I called it, and Snyder goes “About time, sir, thank you! Seen that all afternoon but I’m not an official so thank you again!” Then he asks if I’m working the varsity game lol. Whoever West Lyon’s JV coach is called time and walked over there to talk to him and took over. His own fucking coaching staff can’t stand him but his dad's a principal and does a bunch of AD duties. And I don't know about you guys, but I'm not aware of too many people with a less than one year old OWI on their records who get voted off their team because of repeated alcohol problems, and then get a coaching certificate issued in the state of Iowa...hmm...And yes, in Iowa you have to get a coaching certificate from the state even to work as a volunteer.

But I digress on that issue...

It definitely runs in the family. This past season I was at the West Sioux vs WL basketball game Tim (his dad) was there standing at the baseline like he always does, chanting "one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand" at the top of his lungs because he thinks lane violations never get called. Does it all game. My buddy was an official and at the end of the game jogged by and goes, "Thanks for the help, Tim, we appreciate it," and he chased after all three guys down the hall and into the locker room dropping F-bombs. My friend should have kept his mouth shut, but chasing after officials like that is a huge no-no and just a generally douchey thing to do.

The whole family is a bunch of entitled shit stains who think they're royalty because they were at various points big fish/small pond. It's not unique to Larchwood, you've probably seen it in many itty bitty towns where sports is literally the only thing a school has. All of their sports coaches are either 2nd or 3rd generation players from that town and are bringing the 4th generation through right now. There's an air of douchebaggery with certain ones like the Snyders and others, and some are great like the Kramers.

The embarrassment Snyder laid on the town really brought the Jesus out in Brandon and Tim but funnily enough it goes away when the reporters or camera guys leave town...

Why does not a word of this surprise me? Yeah they aren't totally unique in that those family types are around small town Iowas. Many are self aware but don't care. Their shit don't stink and that's just how it is with them.

Peter Pekar is back right middle of the '17 leadership group photo. He's also to DJT's left in the below photo, helping him hold up the Hawkeye jersey.

View attachment 6849

I wonder how many of those guys are still lined up behind Trump. I guarantee it's a low number. People just didn't know what a jackass he is. Now they do.

It would be like Kirk Ferentz coming out and saying, "this whole racial thing is "fake news" and it's all the people who have not supported the program and don't like it that I play conservative, ball control football...and that I can't manage the clock well at the end of game. They have been out to get me ever since I started." Kirk could then claim he had the cure for racial injustice which includes an injection of alien DNA, but that people won't implement it because KF is the one that came up with idea and supports it. He could then post a video of obscure former black players who never played talking about how great he is and how sensitive to their needs he has been. I think it would work.

I wonder how many of those guys are still lined up behind Trump. I guarantee it's a low number. People just didn't know what a jackass he is. Now they do.

It would be like Kirk Ferentz coming out and saying, "this whole racial thing is "fake news" and it's all the people who have not supported the program and don't like it that I play conservative, ball control football...and that I can't manage the clock well at the end of game. They have been out to get me ever since I started." Kirk could then claim he had the cure for racial injustice which includes an injection of alien DNA, but that people won't implement it because KF is the one that came up with idea and supports it. He could then post a video of obscure former black players who never played talking about how great he is and how sensitive to their needs he has been. I think it would work.

Lol, I see what your doing there. Make Hawkeyes Great Again!!! :p

Lol, I see what your doing there. Make Hawkeyes Great Again!!! :p

Did I mention KF could also whine about nobody liking him too? That's a good look for a leader for sure. Or, even better, KF could use his offensive line to clear the Pentacrest so he could do a Playgirl photo shoot on the steps of the Capitol all the while holding a playbook of a five wide vertical passing game. It's just as plausible as what took place on Lafayette Square. All good strategies and earmarks of genius material.

Latest posts