So, Trump caught a hoax somehow?

The school where I teach "highly recommends" masks, which means that we have about 6 or 8 kids that actually wear them. We haven't had a single cases so far this year. My brother teaches at a school where masks are required (live in their personal bubble in his words) and they have a lot of cases and have a lot in quarantine. He said it's a revolving door.

I'm not advocating either way, but it is interesting that the numbers at our schools are what they are.

It's a damn weird disease.

I suspect you work in a smaller district and your brother perhaps works in a larger district.

You are correct my friend. Spot on.

I probably wouldn't understand, or even read, the links from your actual reputable sources because they are probably versed in spreading more fear.

So let's deal with what you did give us, your 88% comorbidity rate. And let's apply it to the CDC's latest data.

Number of confirmed cases: 7,916,100
Number of deaths: 216,872

Okay, let's multiply the cases by .88. This means that stastically 6,966,168 people who have tested positive also have cormobidity. Divide deaths into that number. That gives you a mortlity rate of 3.11% for people considered the most vulnerable. And if you consider that Covid is only a contributing cause in many cases the number is probably lower than that.

The fact that 88% of us are comorbid is our fault, not Covid's. But there has never been a move to eliminate fried food for those who have high cholesterol or heart disease. The don't outlaw tobacco products for people on the verge of emphysema of COPD. Having millions of people on the verge of type two diabetes doesn't eliminate sugary soft drinks from the shelves. But lets stick it to people who have mental health issues by telling them they have to social distance. Let's damage or potentially ruin our children's eyesight by exposing them to computer blue light with all this blasted virtual learning. Let's continue to sweep under the rug and underreported issues that will be with us long after this pandemic is a memory.

Look, I realize in a country of 330 million people you are going to have tragedies, and my heart goes out to any fellow posters who have been adversely affected. My dad is COPD and on oxygen. My mother had surgery for a perforated ulcer a year ago. They are vulnerable.

As for me, I had my DOT physical in August and I was 5'9, 228 lbs. My BMI was 28.5. 30 is considered obese. My neck size is one inch away from the threshold that my physician uses to send patients for sleep apnea testing. I also had a basil cell carcenoma removed from my sternum in September. It was large enough to require over twenty stitches and leave a two inch scar.

So I respect Covid. But I refuse to fear it. I see in my line of work people already trying to stock up on toilet paper and cleaning supplies. All over again.

Why? For God sakes why?

Solid post.

You are correct my friend. Spot on.

I probably wouldn't understand, or even read, the links from your actual reputable sources because they are probably versed in spreading more fear.

So let's deal with what you did give us, your 88% comorbidity rate. And let's apply it to the CDC's latest data.

Number of confirmed cases: 7,916,100
Number of deaths: 216,872

Okay, let's multiply the cases by .88. This means that stastically 6,966,168 people who have tested positive also have cormobidity. Divide deaths into that number. That gives you a mortlity rate of 3.11% for people considered the most vulnerable. And if you consider that Covid is only a contributing cause in many cases the number is probably lower than that.

The fact that 88% of us are comorbid is our fault, not Covid's. But there has never been a move to eliminate fried food for those who have high cholesterol or heart disease. The don't outlaw tobacco products for people on the verge of emphysema of COPD. Having millions of people on the verge of type two diabetes doesn't eliminate sugary soft drinks from the shelves. But lets stick it to people who have mental health issues by telling them they have to social distance. Let's damage or potentially ruin our children's eyesight by exposing them to computer blue light with all this blasted virtual learning. Let's continue to sweep under the rug and underreported issues that will be with us long after this pandemic is a memory.

Look, I realize in a country of 330 million people you are going to have tragedies, and my heart goes out to any fellow posters who have been adversely affected. My dad is COPD and on oxygen. My mother had surgery for a perforated ulcer a year ago. They are vulnerable.

As for me, I had my DOT physical in August and I was 5'9, 228 lbs. My BMI was 28.5. 30 is considered obese. My neck size is one inch away from the threshold that my physician uses to send patients for sleep apnea testing. I also had a basil cell carcenoma removed from my sternum in September. It was large enough to require over twenty stitches and leave a two inch scar.

So I respect Covid. But I refuse to fear it. I see in my line of work people already trying to stock up on toilet paper and cleaning supplies. All over again.

Why? For God sakes why?

The people who are dying from this disease aren't just ones who have comorbidities, why are you assuming that? How can you utter the phrase "the people who are most vulnerable" when that applies to roughly 290 million Americans. It's not like it's a handful. You're also ignoring the lasting effects this disease has on people, focusing only on those who have died but saying "well, it wasn't really COVID that killed them." What about the people who have "recovered" because they didn't die, but have to be on oxygen for the rest of their lives? The people who lost 30 lbs of muscle because they were too exhausted to get out of bed in the morning and now have to go to physical therapy for the next 6 months. The folks who have permanent lung scarring from being on a ventilator? Blood clotting, memory lapses, issues concentrating - the list goes on. They don't matter at all? Before you say these are media stories trying to spread fear, these are just the people I know.

And if you consider that Covid is only a contributing cause in many cases the number is probably lower than that.

Not surprising you completely ignored the fact that people with these comorbidities can live with them for a few years, many of them decades, but some of them will get COVID and die in a few days or weeks. No big deal.

The don't outlaw tobacco products for people on the verge of emphysema of COPD. COPD isn't contagious.

Having millions of people on the verge of type two diabetes doesn't eliminate sugary soft drinks from the shelves. Diabetes isn't contagious.

Let's damage or potentially ruin our children's eyesight by exposing them to computer blue light with all this blasted virtual learning.

The only proven damages of blue light are people who watch late at night and have their circadian rhythms disrupted. The jury is still out on whether it causes retina damage or age-related macular degeneration, though some studies have suggested that, others didn't. Turn on the blue light filter if people are worried about it. I do it immediately after I get a new phone, TV or computer/monitor.

You keep saying "don't" fear the virus. What does that even mean, go about business as usual? Are you assuming that I'm "afraid" of COVID. I'm not afraid, I'm pissed about the idiots pretending it's all a hoax, selfishly ignoring precautions or purposefully spreading misinformation so others don't take it seriously which furthers the economic damage that our country will face and adds more to the suffering of the American people.
If everybody took this shit seriously, we would have some semblance of normalcy.
If the people in charge had an actual plan to reduce cases and actually cared about doing that from the beginning instead of lying to the American people, we would have some semblance of normalcy.
If the people in charge actually encouraged people to wear facial coverings in public instead questioning the masculinity of doing so, we would have some semblance of normalcy.

People who care only about "their personal raights" and those that spread misinformation or downplay the virus, in turn causing others to not take this seriously, is making the overall damage to this country worse both in duration and severity. We've got all of our eggs in the vaccine basket at this point, better hope it works.

Last edited:
You are too funny..Biden's son has become a millionaire accepting money from whomever wanted access to the most corrupt administration in our country's history (Obama) His qualifications? Former drug addict. Go ahead and ignore that.

Much better to go down the Liberal path of:
defunding police
ignoring crime
open borders
keeping Blacks down on the welfare plantation.
legalizing drugs
Killing innocent children in the womb out of convenience

Ok...Blubberpuss...do you think if Biden's kid did anything illegal that that Orange Idiot wouldn't have his lapdog Attorney General filing charges. Why no charges? The other thing you should know...Hunter Biden isn't running for President. Putin is laughing his ass off as he's planting all this stuff. Someone happened to find a laptop of Hunter Biden's at a laptop repair shop? LOL. This is about as good as the Pedofile ring running out of a Pizza Parlor.

See what's happening in your Republican Party right now. Ben Sasse was first to start the distancing...and to start telling the truth about our idiot President and his seedy family. Now McConnell is starting to position as Trump starts to swirl around the toilet. Suddenly the rest of the Republicans will find religion. Oh, God, save me from the Donald...all the while they are still wiping the gizz off their chins.

Biden never said he will defund the police...the opposite is true.
Harris was a prosecutor...who has a reputation for being tough on violent crime.
Biden will help tear down what sections of Trump's wall that haven't already fallen down.
Yes...Trump reminds me of Lincoln. (Sarcasm)
Yes...legalize marijuana. Do you ever wonder why alcohol is legal? It kills more & more people through alcoholism and car accidents every year. It's far more dangerous. Why is it legal...because old white men drink it every day and their father's drank it. And those same guys that came of age in the 60s (like Trump / Sessions) still think pot is for hippies...the hippies who laughed at them. Trump is a "square" man.
I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Good one about Obama. How many convicted felons in his administration? Zero. How many in Trumps? Seven.
How many former Obama officials wrote tell all books saying he was incompetent and an idiot? Zero. How many books from Trump appointees who left. Twelve and counting...and they all said he was a moron.

Last edited:
Your BMI is 33 btw.
Actually 33.7. May have to get rid of that physician.:)

At least I was honest with my weight. When an adult male tells you how much they weigh you can generally add another ten to thirty pounds...

Aside from my weight and blood sugar my other numbers are good. LDL cholesterol, blood pressure, never been a tobacco product user. So I plan on being around a while longer God willing.

Ok...Blubberpuss...do you think if Biden's kid did anything illegal that that Orange Idiot wouldn't have his lapdog Attorney General filing charges. Why no charges? The other thing you should know...Hunter Biden isn't running for President. Putin is laughing his ass off as he's planting all this stuff. Someone happened to find a laptop of Hunter Biden's at a laptop repair shop? LOL. This is about as good as the Pedofile ring running out of a Pizza Parlor.

See what's happening in your Republican Party right now. Ben Sasse was first to start the distancing...and to start telling the truth about our idiot President and his seedy family. Now McConnell is starting to position as Trump starts to swirl around the toilet. Suddenly the rest of the Republicans will find religion. Oh, God, save me from the Donald...all the while they are still wiping the gizz off their chins.

Biden never said he will defund the police...the opposite is true.
Harris was a prosecutor...who has a reputation for being tough on violent crime.
Biden will help tear down what sections of Trump's wall that haven't already fallen down.
Yes...Trump reminds me of Lincoln. (Sarcasm)
Yes...legalize marijuana. Do you ever wonder why alcohol is legal? It kills more & more people through alcoholism and car accidents every year. It's far more dangerous. Why is it legal...because old white men drink it every day and their father's drank it. And those same guys that came of age in the 60s (like Trump / Sessions) still think pot is for hippies...the hippies who laughed at them. Trump is a "square" man.
I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Good one about Obama. How many convicted felons in his administration? Zero. How many in Trumps? Seven.
How many former Obama officials wrote tell all books saying he was incompetent and an idiot? Zero. How many books from Trump appointees who left. Twelve and counting...and they all said he was a moron.

Damn

:cool:

The people who are dying from this disease aren't just ones who have comorbidities, why are you assuming that? How can you utter the phrase "the people who are most vulnerable" when that applies to roughly 290 million Americans. It's not like it's a handful. You're also ignoring the lasting effects this disease has on people, focusing only on those who have died but saying "well, it wasn't really COVID that killed them." What about the people who have "recovered" because they didn't die, but have to be on oxygen for the rest of their lives? The people who lost 30 lbs of muscle because they were too exhausted to get out of bed in the morning and now have to go to physical therapy for the next 6 months. The folks who have permanent lung scarring from being on a ventilator? Blood clotting, memory lapses, issues concentrating - the list goes on. They don't matter at all? Before you say these are media stories trying to spread fear, these are just the people I know.

And if you consider that Covid is only a contributing cause in many cases the number is probably lower than that.

Not surprising you completely ignored the fact that people with these comorbidities can live with them for a few years, many of them decades, but some of them will get COVID and die in a few days or weeks. No big deal.

The don't outlaw tobacco products for people on the verge of emphysema of COPD. COPD isn't contagious.

Having millions of people on the verge of type two diabetes doesn't eliminate sugary soft drinks from the shelves. Diabetes isn't contagious.

Let's damage or potentially ruin our children's eyesight by exposing them to computer blue light with all this blasted virtual learning.

The only proven damages of blue light are people who watch late at night and have their circadian rhythms disrupted. The jury is still out on whether it causes retina damage or age-related macular degeneration, though some studies have suggested that, others didn't. Turn on the blue light filter if people are worried about it. I do it immediately after I get a new phone, TV or computer/monitor.

You keep saying "don't" fear the virus. What does that even mean, go about business as usual? Are you assuming that I'm "afraid" of COVID. I'm not afraid, I'm pissed about the idiots pretending it's all a hoax, selfishly ignoring precautions or purposefully spreading misinformation so others don't take it seriously which furthers the economic damage that our country will face and adds more to the suffering of the American people.
If everybody took this shit seriously, we would have some semblance of normalcy.
If the people in charge had an actual plan to reduce cases and actually cared about doing that from the beginning instead of lying to the American people, we would have some semblance of normalcy.
If the people in charge actually encouraged people to wear facial coverings in public instead questioning the masculinity of doing so, we would have some semblance of normalcy.

People who care only about "their personal raights" and those that spread misinformation or downplay the virus, in turn causing others to not take this seriously, is making the overall damage to this country worse both in duration and severity. We've got all of our eggs in the vaccine basket at this point, better hope it works.
So the jury is still out on blue light retinal damage but you've already jumped to conclusions on long term Covid effects.

Are you Marty McFly? If not then cool your jets. If a person can quit smoking after years of tobacco use and have their lungs start improving within days, why can't you give a Covid survivor a chance? For the umpteenth time, experts haven't able to draw conclusions because of the novelty of the virus. It may be years before we know for sure.

As for me personally, I wear a mask where I'm required to wear a mask, and a little beyond. The only time I'm around groups of more than a handful of people is when my kid has a basketball tournament, and I have the mask on. So save your vitriol for someone else.

And if you think Republicans are killing this economy you are living in fantasy land. It was democratic governors who locked down earliest and longest. It was democratic run cities who allowed Antifa and other radical organizations to lawlessly damage and destroy parts of their cities, with no regards to social distancing.

Actually 33.7. May have to get rid of that physician.:)

At least I was honest with my weight. When an adult male tells you how much they weigh you can generally add another ten to thirty pounds...

Aside from my weight and blood sugar my other numbers are good. LDL cholesterol, blood pressure, never been a tobacco product user. So I plan on being around a while longer God willing.

I've put on about 10 pounds this year. Hate it but I like peanut butter. 5 10.5 and 173#.
Personally, I don't think the BMI means much as it doesn't take into consideration muscle weight.

I've put on about 10 pounds this year. Hate it but I like peanut butter. 5 10.5 and 173#.
Personally, I don't think the BMI means much as it doesn't take into consideration muscle weight.
Hammer on nail. I still lift weights in my mid fifties, and that means legs as well. Especially legs.

I can't do it like I did when I was in my twenties, but lets face it. There's lots of things we can no longer do like we did in our twenties.

Its a shame that BMI and other indexes can cost people promotions in some professions, if not their jobs.

Look at Nick Saban and many other athletes that tested positive then have secondary tests that are actually negative. I think with some tests there is a significant false positive result. Are those ending up being reported as positive in the media? One has to question. It happens a lot just in NFL reporting. Imagine the false pos rate in the general population that have no reason to test 2-3 times after the initial positive test.

Do you realize there has only been 3 college student//athletes in the nation that has been hospitalized with COVID-19. Yes, many have gotten it, but only 3 in the nation had to be hospitalized.

Last edited:
I am just sick and f...ing tired of the excuses, the ignorance/denial of factual information, the minor exceptions to confirmed data, the self serving arguments to defy the seriousness of Covid. If you are too damned stupid to admit to the facts, or if you are arguing that your dick is longer than everyone else, I won’t waste more time with you. This virus will continue to kill countless numbers of people. It may well haunt survivors with unexpected consequences for decades. It will not be controlled until an effective vaccine is affordable and available. In the meantime, we can save a lot of lives by wearing masks, social distancing, washing your hands, and staying the F out of bars and restaurants. If you are too damned self centered to help out your fellow humans, I frankly hope you will be the one to suffer. I am clear enough for you doubters? Good.

I've got a theory that masks are actually helping to spread the virus. I work in a pretty big manufacturing plant in the butthole of Iowa, and since they mandated masks our number of cases has climbed.

I often observe people non stop touching/adjusting their masks throughout the day. During breaks everyone comes into the cafeteria area and plops their masks on the tables. I've seen this at restaurants too where they hang their mask from the chair.

It's almost as if we are all just licking our fucking fingers all day long with this sense of protection.

Anyway just something that I've noticed, I hope someday soon this shit will be in our rearview and we can all come together. And for God sake, let the hawks play some ball already!!! Love you all, stay safe, and stay thirsty.

I've got a theory that masks are actually helping to spread the virus. I work in a pretty big manufacturing plant in the butthole of Iowa, and since they mandated masks our number of cases has climbed.

I often observe people non stop touching/adjusting their masks throughout the day. During breaks everyone comes into the cafeteria area and plops their masks on the tables. I've seen this at restaurants too where they hang their mask from the chair.

It's almost as if we are all just licking our fucking fingers all day long with this sense of protection.

Anyway just something that I've noticed, I hope someday soon this shit will be in our rearview and we can all come together. And for God sake, let the hawks play some ball already!!! Love you all, stay safe, and stay thirsty.
Hard to say. But people are definitely unsanitary with their masks.

I wear them where required plus a good deal more. And I try to be cognizant of where I place them in public.

There very well may be some truth to your theory. It' s a known fact that viruses really thrive in humid moist areas. What happens when your breathing into a mask? In addition, many of these masks are made of all cloth which can really harbor viruses unless constantly being sanitized.

There very well may be some truth to your theory. It' s a known fact that viruses really thrive in humid moist areas. What happens when your breathing into a mask? In addition, many of these masks are made of all cloth which can really harbor viruses unless constantly being sanitized.

I've got one question for you and ClownKilla and I believe it will clear up alot of the misunderstandings about my views of Trump and his Covid response and your views.

When you guys go to eat dinner...are there corks on all your forks so you don't hurt yourselves? You know...to prevent you from putting an eye out if you miss your mouth with a fork full of food?

Unless you are handing your mask to someone else, letting them try it on, and their friends get to try it on....I seriously don't think wearing a mask for a negative person is a high risk situation. It's like Trump saying the other night...85% of people who wear masks get covid. It's a bald faced lie. He misrepresented the research. Look it up.

I am just sick and f...ing tired of the excuses, the ignorance/denial of factual information, the minor exceptions to confirmed data, the self serving arguments to defy the seriousness of Covid. If you are too damned stupid to admit to the facts, or if you are arguing that your dick is longer than everyone else, I won’t waste more time with you. This virus will continue to kill countless numbers of people. It may well haunt survivors with unexpected consequences for decades. It will not be controlled until an effective vaccine is affordable and available. In the meantime, we can save a lot of lives by wearing masks, social distancing, washing your hands, and staying the F out of bars and restaurants. If you are too damned self centered to help out your fellow humans, I frankly hope you will be the one to suffer. I am clear enough for you doubters? Good.
Good post.

Happened upon this today...

But the numbers from the CDC suggests otherwise. A new study conducted by 11 medical institutions analyzed a group of people who tested positive for COVID during the month of July.
Among those who were infected, more than 70% reported they had quote, “always worn a mask” for the preceding 14 days. Another 14.4% said they had quote, “often worn a mask.” In other words, 85% who got the coronavirus in July were wearing a mask and they were infected anyway.

Happened upon this today...

But the numbers from the CDC suggests otherwise. A new study conducted by 11 medical institutions analyzed a group of people who tested positive for COVID during the month of July.
Among those who were infected, more than 70% reported they had quote, “always worn a mask” for the preceding 14 days. Another 14.4% said they had quote, “often worn a mask.” In other words, 85% who got the coronavirus in July were wearing a mask and they were infected anyway.

You are misrepresenting what the study was about. Read the real data.

The study also found that, of the 154 participants who tested positive, a total of 85% said they had worn a mask either "always" (70.6%) or "often" (14.4%) over the 14 days prior to the onset of their illness. Of the 160 people who had tested negative, conversely, a total of 88.7% said they had worn a mask either "always" (74.2%) or "often" (14.5%).
So reported mask-wearing was not statistically different among people who tested negative than among people who tested positive.

But that's not even the point.

Trump was suggesting that the CDC found that 85% of all people who wear masks get the coronavirus. But the CDC was just looking at the behavior of these 314 symptomatic people who sought out testing at 11 particular sites in July.
Here's how one of the co-authors, Christopher Lindsell, co-director of the Center for Health Data Science at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, described the study's data on masks.

"The data suggest that among a group of patients who are already showing symptoms that prompted them to get testing for the virus, there was no statistical evidence of a difference in mask wearing behavior between those who tested positive and those who tested negative," Lindsell said in an email. "This is very different from the question of whether wearing masks prevents you becoming infected with the virus, and it is also different to the question of how many or what percentage of people who wear masks contract the virus. The study was not designed to answer these questions."

Problem 2: We don't know how frequently the infected people actually wore the mask -- and where they took it off.
The study participants self-reported their behavior. The authors noted in the study that participants' answers might have been affected by the fact that they knew whether they had tested positive or negative before they responded.
And while, again, 70.6% of the infected people said they had "always" worn a mask over the previous 14 days, 40.9% also said they had gone to a restaurant -- where, obviously, people take off their masks.
"Masks cannot be effectively worn while eating and drinking, whereas shopping and numerous other indoor activities do not preclude mask use," the study said.

The CDC would not directly address Trump's claim. But when CNN asked for comment, the CDC emphasized that even people who reported "always" having worn a mask may not have actually done so all of the time. Spokesman Benjamin Haynes noted that "people who attend restaurants cannot wear masks effectively while eating and drinking."

Problem 3: Masks are primarily intended to protect other people, not the person wearing the mask.
There is scientific evidence that masks provide protection to the people who wear them. But even if mask-wearers do end up getting infected, that does not mean masks aren't working at all -- because masks can still help others from getting infected. Haynes said, "CDC guidance on masks has clearly stated that wearing a mask is intended to protect other people in case the mask wearer is infected."
The CDC continues to be a vocal advocate of mask use. In September, after this study was published, CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield pleaded in congressional testimony for "all Americans" to wear a mask, saying: "We have clear scientific evidence they work, and they are our best defense."

Latest posts