So, Trump caught a hoax somehow?

Happened upon this today...

But the numbers from the CDC suggests otherwise. A new study conducted by 11 medical institutions analyzed a group of people who tested positive for COVID during the month of July.
Among those who were infected, more than 70% reported they had quote, “always worn a mask” for the preceding 14 days. Another 14.4% said they had quote, “often worn a mask.” In other words, 85% who got the coronavirus in July were wearing a mask and they were infected anyway.

Stop with the fake news.

Actually 33.7. May have to get rid of that physician.:)

At least I was honest with my weight. When an adult male tells you how much they weigh you can generally add another ten to thirty pounds...

Aside from my weight and blood sugar my other numbers are good. LDL cholesterol, blood pressure, never been a tobacco product user. So I plan on being around a while longer God willing.

My BMI is 30.1 at 6'3 - 245lbs. I'm "obese". I'd be "normal" BMI at about 195 pounds. My goal weight is about 225 and about 12% body fat. At 195 I'd be either sick or competing in fitness competition. Or both. Lol.

That said, I do have about 15 pounds on me that is helping me float, and does need to go. Working on it.

I have taken the Bryson Dechambeau philosophy for my golf game, so far, its working. Have brought the hncp down about 3 to a 6.1. I'm not nearly as slow to play though, and would never lock-arm putt.

Go vote fellas, lets get through it and come together somehow.

Regardless of your politics, "a house divided, will not stand". And we haven't been more divided than we've been in the last 3+ years, since the Civil War.

Last edited:
Stop with the fake news.

What's the "fake news". Data of all kinds shows that there aren't significantly better outcomes in states and cities with the most extreme precautions than the ones with the least. Same is true of masks and staying at home more often. There's no clear correlation between those behaviors and better outcomes. Plenty of people "doing everything right" are getting sick, and plenty of "cowboys" aren't. In some cases, the places with the most strict precautions are among the highest death rates. (see New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts) Plenty of theories, conjecture and "models", but the real outcomes don't match most of 'em. It's all over the board. I could give two shits about the political angles people want to take...I just look at the numbers.

What's the "fake news". Data of all kinds shows that there aren't significantly better outcomes in states and cities with the most extreme precautions than the ones with the least. Same is true of masks and staying at home more often. There's no clear correlation between those behaviors and better outcomes. Plenty of people "doing everything right" are getting sick, and plenty of "cowboys" aren't. In some cases, the places with the most strict precautions are among the highest death rates. (see New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts) Plenty of theories, conjecture and "models", but the real outcomes don't match most of 'em. It's all over the board. I could give two shits about the political angles people want to take...I just look at the numbers.

No you don’t just look at the numbers. You selectively quote numbers that frankly, are slanted to fit your narrative. Science on a brand new virus will be constantly revising the data. You may want to study how theory development works in the science community. I have to chuckle at the barrage of minor examples you like to use to make your points. News Flash. Anecdotal views mean virtually nothing. You are dead wrong about a whole series of statements you make. Read your first two points, for example. These are either flat out lies or you have no clue how to read data. One additional example of your ignorance is the astounding conclusion that highly populated areas have more infections. Then you double down on stupidity and argue that their methods are not working. Jesus. What do you think would have happened if they did not implement strict regulations? I love the “plenty of people” argument you cough up. Sounds like Donny’s argument that Nazi’s are sometimes good people. I have had it with you deniers. You are to blame that people like me, who are being responsible for the limitations on what I can safely do, have to give up many freedoms. If it was not for folks like you, I would probably be at Purdue next Saturday watching the Hawks. Grow up. You are not in junior high any more. And, yeah. I am fully aware that I won’t make any progress with you toward living in the real world.

BTW, look up “correlation” in a basic stats book. Hint...look at its relationship to “variables.”

No you don’t just look at the numbers. You selectively quote numbers that frankly, are slanted to fit your narrative. Science on a brand new virus will be constantly revising the data. You may want to study how theory development works in the science community. I have to chuckle at the barrage of minor examples you like to use to make your points. News Flash. Anecdotal views mean virtually nothing. You are dead wrong about a whole series of statements you make. Read your first two points, for example. These are either flat out lies or you have no clue how to read data. One additional example of your ignorance is the astounding conclusion that highly populated areas have more infections. Then you double down on stupidity and argue that their methods are not working. Jesus. What do you think would have happened if they did not implement strict regulations? I love the “plenty of people” argument you cough up. Sounds like Donny’s argument that Nazi’s are sometimes good people. I have had it with you deniers. You are to blame that people like me, who are being responsible for the limitations on what I can safely do, have to give up many freedoms. If it was not for folks like you, I would probably be at Purdue next Saturday watching the Hawks. Grow up. You are not in junior high any more. And, yeah. I am fully aware that I won’t make any progress with you toward living in the real world.

You seem hell bent on slotting me into some preconfigured stereotype using false assumptions and name calling. Try removing the emotion next time.

Last edited:

I was on here saying to wear a mask back in March when "science" said they don't work. I still recommend a mask, but after the seroprevalance study in Tokyo found a nearly 47% infection rate over summer, I'd say that if you are really vulnerable, just stay home or limit activities to outdoor things that are distanced. Do not rely on a mask to spare you if you are really vulnerable. I'm not saying don't wear one, but don't expect it to offer much protection even if everyone is wearing one. Because everyone in Japan wears a mask in public at all times and they had a pretty high rate of spread over the summer.

Look at Nick Saban and many other athletes that tested positive then have secondary tests that are actually negative. I think with some tests there is a significant false positive result. Are those ending up being reported as positive in the media? One has to question. It happens a lot just in NFL reporting. Imagine the false pos rate in the general population that have no reason to test 2-3 times after the initial positive test.

Do you realize there has only been 3 college student//athletes in the nation that has been hospitalized with COVID-19. Yes, many have gotten it, but only 3 in the nation had to be hospitalized.
False negative rates are much, much higher than false positives.. The antigen false negative rate is very close to zero.

Last edited:
You seem hell bent on slotting me into some preconfigured stereotype using false assumptions and name calling. Try removing the emotion next time.

I have expressed my views on two threads, each in response to a number of posts I found to be false. I will no longer be involved in arguments with others. I am not at all interested in attempts to change the minds of others. I just don’t care.

I have expressed my views on two threads, each in response to a number of posts I found to be false. I will no longer be involved in arguments with others. I am not at all interested in attempts to change the minds of others. I just don’t care.

I appreciate your honesty.

=
If it was not for folks like you, I would probably be at Purdue next Saturday watching the Hawks. Grow up.
Let's be real about this, you'd be at the game whining and complaining about the steep seating, and the uncomfortable bus ride, and all the young people in the streets not being respectful to octogenarians like yourself, and how the PA music is too loud, and how you can't hear the band, and how the bathrooms are too far away, and how the people in front of you are standing and you can't see the band at halftime, and all the other crap you complain about in Kinnick and Carver.

So, like I said, let's be honest...you'd be totally and completely miserable at that game covid or no covid because the world and people in it don't act like you think they should.

Question...why is Trump's Administration not vocal about pushing additional sanctions on Russia for Putin trying to kill another political opponent? Trump has said bubkiss about a world leader trying to kill ANOTHER rival. Should we support dissention and human rights violations in a country like Russia especially in light of the fact that they have tried repeatedly to sow dissention in the US? Why would Trump not join with our allies and sanction the crap out of Putin and his gas station of a country. It's pretty revealing.

So, you people who think Trump supports policies you agree with...and that's why you are sticking with him. Ok...well you have to own it all. You support his strange relationship and favor to Russia...a country with a leader who has a goal to dismantle the US presence in the world. That's not a debatable subject either. It's fact. Russia putting bounties on US troops goes way back to the 60s and 70s. This is no distant friend.

Trump is now calling for criminal investigations into his political opponent right before an election he is losing. You supporters ok with that? If you are, we are no different than Venezuela. Habla Español Trump Supporters?

Last edited:
Question...why is Trump's Administration not vocal about pushing additional sanctions on Russia for Putin trying to kill another political opponent? Trump has said bubkiss about a world leader trying to kill ANOTHER rival. Should we support dissention and human rights violations in a country like Russia especially in light of the fact that they have tried repeatedly to sow dissention in the US? Why would Trump not join with our allies and sanction the crap out of Putin and his gas station of a country. It's pretty revealing.

So, you people who think Trump supports policies you agree with...and that's why you are sticking with him. Ok...well you have to own it all. You support his strange relationship and favor to Russia...a country with a leader who has a goal to dismantle the US presence in the world. That's not a debatable subject either. It's fact. Russia putting bounties on US troops goes way back to the 60s and 70s. This is no distant friend.

Trump is now calling for criminal investigations into his political opponent right before an election he is losing. You supporters ok with that? If you are, we are no different than Venezuela. Habla Español Trump Supporters?

My Ukrainian friends went berzerk election night 2016 calling me at 4am their time.

We kind of become more banana republicish no matter which one wins.

Make no mistake. Putin is not a President in real terms. He is the leader of a mafia group.

Last edited:

Latest posts