So if you know this guy...

That's your arrogance showing because I don't recall that and it has nothing to do with whether or not you are arrogant. You don't need to bother justifying why you are arrogant. I don't have a problem with arrogant.

I wasn't justifying anything, I was just talking about the only time I really remember getting into it with you. I said I can be arrogant and even try to be arrogant at times

Well this thread got hijacked very quickly into alt and name calling. Back to the OP it is really low and stupid for a sports fan or follower to go tweeting and sniping at a high school kid whose parent is a high profile coach. stupid

This is sort of related to the tweet. Someone is trying to deflect attention away from people getting to close to the truth.

I personally am lost.
Back in the day on HN there were many additional forums. Like OT (off topic) where you could discuss anything, and Politics where liberals and conservatives could bash the hell out of each other. And believe me it got brutal.

You could also form groups. Like if you had a group of guys who liked racing, or gardening, or woodworking, they could go to a certain place in the forum and discuss those things.

One particularly vocal group of posters who were like minded on the Politics forum decided that they would form a group called the Dirty 30. Their secret purpose was to troll the hell out of the forums and pick certain posters out and just attack them relentlessly no matter what they posted. They could say water was wet and a dozen posters or more would just rip them apart. I was invited to join the Dirty 30 and did, not realizing what it was all about. I've never done any trolling and have no interest in that kinda thing.

Anyway, it completely ruined HN for awhile. The board was in constant meltdown mode. There were dozens of Alts posting crap and trying to start trouble. It ruined HN for quite awhile. Then one day I logged on and all those guys were gone. Perma-banned.

They now mostly reside on a site called The HN Wasteland. I won't post a link, but you can Google it up easy enough. It's all the same juvenile crap they used to post here. It's funny because years later, they still obsess over this website and the things posted here.

I always wondered. Was VintageHawkeye, Patrick Vint?

Back in the day on HN there were many additional forums. Like OT (off topic) where you could discuss anything, and Politics where liberals and conservatives could bash the hell out of each other. And believe me it got brutal.

You could also form groups. Like if you had a group of guys who liked racing, or gardening, or woodworking, they could go to a certain place in the forum and discuss those things.

One particularly vocal group of posters who were like minded on the Politics forum decided that they would form a group called the Dirty 30. Their secret purpose was to troll the hell out of the forums and pick certain posters out and just attack them relentlessly no matter what they posted. They could say water was wet and a dozen posters or more would just rip them apart. I was invited to join the Dirty 30 and did, not realizing what it was all about. I've never done any trolling and have no interest in that kinda thing.

Anyway, it completely ruined HN for awhile. The board was in constant meltdown mode. There were dozens of Alts posting crap and trying to start trouble. It ruined HN for quite awhile. Then one day I logged on and all those guys were gone. Perma-banned.

They now mostly reside on a site called The HN Wasteland. I won't post a link, but you can Google it up easy enough. It's all the same juvenile crap they used to post here. It's funny because years later, they still obsess over this website and the things posted here.

No crap. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I've been around a long time and had many back and forths wiht Vintage. Never knew about the Dirty30, though. Really funny if you think about it. A gang on a forum! WTF.

I think @HawkGold and his "Name dropping" is pathetic, I'm not going to turn around and do it myself.

I'm amazed I'm not on your ignore list, that is a shock to me. We have had our share of spats that is for sure.

You're on here to defend something. That's legit. The people on my ignore list are just here to snark. There's a difference and I'm willing to acknowledge it. Still curious, but you're under no obligation to reveal. Is it creepy I'm curious? A little.;)

Gold and Sirius are both 30...
I'm not so sure TK is. He offers some solid takes and not just trolling. He's been pretty consistent.

Yeah, TK is consistent with solid takes, and still manages to get underneath the skin of some.....

When is he going to get back to starting game threads.....

The game thread titles by all are very clever and funny all at the same time.....

It's all good

:cool:

Somebody throw a punch.......
cats-fighting.jpg

Vintage was actually a good guy. He just got bored with the whole scenario and pushed it over the cliff. And some of them, liberal or not, were actually valid posters making valid posts. But, like a lot of social media/message boards/forums/bulletin boards, people get carried away.

I would have classified Thunder as part of Dirty 30, yet he survived The Night of the Long Knives. He didn't appear to spawn alts at terminal velocity, nor did he go overboard with personal attacks. Ditto for TK. Definitely in that sphere, but couldn't bear the thought of being banned, thus holding back just as much as was necessary.

Frankly, most of them were fine. They just pushed to the hilt with the meme/hijack stuff.

I like Vin. We got along well. I tried not to get involved with the battles and political scraps though.....

I would settle for the OT board. The laughy pic s thread always made my day.

Would love to have OT back.....

There were a lot of clever posts on that one. The DMR used to have a General Topics forum that was very good and fun to play around with. MrClean was on there, and he was legendary.....

That's really creepy that they did that! Kind of like some sick cult that formed here.

Latest posts