So if you know this guy...

I just can't blame em tho (not the guy who tweeted Patrick, but the negative views on this board) - it's ugly. Sometimes ya gotta just be a lil snarky about what's going on. I just hate that if you try and say anything positive you get railed. I like the core of Nunge, Garza, Cook, Jordan and to an extent Moss. I am excited about Joe W and Connor. If I say that I think that basketball misfortunes can change in a hurry and next years roster might look nothing like the current one - I am called a defeatist, bad fan who puts up with mediocrity.

On the other side of the coin, I see "troll" get thrown out a lot to anyone who wants Fran fired. I don't think that's troll label worthy. I think it's legit. I see the reasoning behind that movement. But I also don't throw out the troll card unless I feel it's really what is taking place.

I think there can be many perspectives on the Iowa Basketball situation. I also don't know which is right or wrong, I don't think anyone does. Fran could completely swing things around next season or he could tank it further. We could get a new coach who suddenly takes our roster and takes them to a sweet 16. We could also hire a bum who further compounds the issue. No one knows. I just hate all the bickering - we all just want Iowa to win really.

I just can't blame em tho (not the guy who tweeted Patrick, but the negative views on this board) - it's ugly. Sometimes ya gotta just be a lil snarky about what's going on. I just hate that if you try and say anything positive you get railed. I like the core of Nunge, Garza, Cook, Jordan and to an extent Moss. I am excited about Joe W and Connor. If I say that I think that basketball misfortunes can change in a hurry and next years roster might look nothing like the current one - I am called a defeatist, bad fan who puts up with mediocrity.

It works both ways. Anything pointing out a weakness can get clobbered if things are going OK. There is little tolerance here for actual analydis. At times Good you've been in that equation. I happen to think Cook and JBo would start for most any Big team. We have 3 guys who would be 7 to 10 guy for a lot of teams. Beyond that we are really lacking. A couple might have developed somewhere else. I do believe the lack of development is because Fran is an F for fundamentals and always has been. He's gotten enough good gamers such as Jok abd Uthoff thaf he has gotten by.

Im looking forward to JW. CM might fit the system but it pains me to watch him shoot because it shows how bad FM is at fundamentals. PM is worse. The program was a player or two from being bad all along.

Bring in a point guard and things could change quickly but not if he stays with motion. JBo, Garza and Conned are about all it will work with.

Bring in a point guard and things could change quickly but not if he stays with motion. JBo, Garza and Conned are about all it will work with.
You are likely to be disappointed then. I don't think FM is going to change his entire offensive philosophy. I like motion offense, but then I'm biased as it's all I've ever been involved with both playing and coaching.

I think the pieces are all there except for true PG. I think it's just a matter of putting them together now. Not sure why this year is like it is, but, I do want these players and coaches to succeed. Next year could be completely different as we've seen it before in sports. Jacksonville Jags in f-ball. Ohio St this year in b-ball.

The real disconcerting thing to me is that this Iowa team is so far off right now in many aspects of the game. That's the mind boggling thing to me.

You are likely to be disappointed then. I don't think FM is going to change his entire offensive philosophy. I like motion offense, but then I'm biased as it's all I've ever been involved with both playing and coaching.

I like motion too. Fran doesnt have many motion players. So I expect to be disapointed.

I think the pieces are all there except for true PG. I think it's just a matter of putting them together now. Not sure why this year is like it is, but, I do want these players and coaches to succeed. Next year could be completely different as we've seen it before in sports. Jacksonville Jags in f-ball. Ohio St this year in b-ball.

The real disconcerting thing to me is that this Iowa team is so far off right now in many aspects of the game. That's the mind boggling thing to me.

In Mr. Davis's "bad" years, the team was still competitive. They actually had halftime leads o good teams, though you'd know it wouldn't hold up once the "better" team spurred the horses.

This year's games make the 2016 Rose Bowl look like a nail-biter. And when people say the players "quit" against Purdue, I sort of disagree. The ridiculous 3-point shooting from Purdue just obliterated their self esteem, so most just went through the motions and/or in a daze.

So by saying all the pieces are there except point guard, do you mean Bohannon could be a good enough 2 if we found a good 1?, Because I think the biggest missing piece is a 2 guard since Bohannon plays the 1 way better than anything we are getting out of the 2. I think Jok making us way better last year helps prove my point.

So by saying all the pieces are there except point guard, do you mean Bohannon could be a good enough 2 if we found a good 1?, Because I think the biggest missing piece is a 2 guard since Bohannon plays the 1 way better than anything we are getting out of the 2. I think Jok making us way better last year helps prove my point.

Offense isn't usually the problem with Iowa. They usually score enough points or should be fine with the points they score if they they had better effort on D. Offense isn't my worry and I think Fran has enough ingredients there to come up with a sensible game plan. I wish they ran maybe a better motion O than they do. The mind boggling sucky defense is what is the confusing part. If they could even be a bit more formidable on D it would change everything.

Agree Bohannon would be more lethal at the 2 for Iowa, but again, that is not what is losing most Iowa's games.

Latest posts