Shouldn't We make the tournament?

Hold on, hold on. Let's continue this... :D
What if Cook gets injured a 1/4 or 1/2 way thru the season and can't return? Will folks use that as an excuse to give Fran another year?
What if both Cook & JBo suffer this same fate?

I am in curious ... what is your minimum to retain Fran after this coming season? I am in the camp of this team needs to make the tourney or Fran should be replaced. If injuries occur, that's too bad.

I am also in the minority that thinks Fran can be let go with the $9M price buyout - there's always a way if the right people are motivated to make the change occur.

I am in curious ... what is your minimum to retain Fran after this coming season? I am in the camp of this team needs to make the tourney or Fran should be replaced. If injuries occur, that's too bad.

I am also in the minority that thinks Fran can be let go with the $9M price buyout - there's always a way if the right people are motivated to make the change occur.
Well, with all the hype about Moss & Cook returning, I expect Sweet 16 or better. I might be able to be swayed if we make the tourney, but miss the Sweet 16 due to 'certain' circumstances. Making the tourney but a 1st round loss is absolutely unacceptable for me, no matter the circumstances

You're right about the $9M. They had no problem paying the $6.5M (it was actually significantly higher than that if you count the U's own attorney expenses), they shouldn't have a problem paying $9M, especially if keeping him around is going to tank the program even further. The only thing is they have to fire Buyout Barta first; I don't want that jackhole having anything to do with hiring the replacement coach.

Well, with all the hype about Moss & Cook returning, I expect Sweet 16 or better. I might be able to be swayed if we make the tourney, but miss the Sweet 16 due to 'certain' circumstances. Making the tourney but a 1st round loss is absolutely unacceptable for me, no matter the circumstances

You're right about the $9M. They had no problem paying the $6.5M (it was actually significantly higher than that if you count the U's own attorney expenses), they shouldn't have a problem paying $9M, especially if keeping him around is going to tank the program even further. The only thing is they have to fire Buyout Barta first; I don't want that jackhole having anything to do with hiring the replacement coach.

If Fran can't take a team from 4 wins in the B1G to the sweet 16 the following year, he should be fired. LOLOLOL, that is a huge troll, even for you.

If Fran can't take a team from 4 wins in the B1G to the sweet 16 the following year, he should be fired. LOLOLOL, that is a huge troll, even for you.
Just because Fran failed miserable last year like you failed with your troll comment, doesn't give him extra slack for this year. ;)

He said a first round loss is unacceptable. He didn't say failing to make the S16 was. If you'd either read posts or learn to pick up on sarcasm you'd have fewer issues.

And why don't you explain to everyone why Fran should get to stay around and slowly build things up a couple wins more per year? Oops...did I just put words in your mouth? How deanvogs of me...

ell oh ell oh ell oh ell

He said a first round loss is unacceptable. He didn't say failing to make the S16 was. If you'd either read posts or learn to pick up on sarcasm you'd have fewer issues.

And why don't you explain to everyone why Fran should get to stay around and slowly build things up a couple wins more per year? Oops...did I just put words in your mouth? How deanvogs of me...

ell oh ell oh ell oh ell

I don't have any issues Fry, I knew exactly what TK was saying, and TK got that I was messing around. Get that stick out your ass and get a sense a humor, or better yet, mind your own fucking business.

Hold on, hold on. Let's continue this... :D
What if Cook gets injured a 1/4 or 1/2 way thru the season and can't return? Will folks use that as an excuse to give Fran another year?
What if both Cook & JBo suffer this same fate?
Or if he shits the bed for most of the season and strings together two miracle wins right at the end, and goes a couple rounds deep in the B1G. Then all the homers like @deanvogs will tell us how he's got "momentum" or things are "trending up," or how the next crop of 165 lb white kids from SE Iowa are going to come in and tear the Big Ten apart because 24/7 gave them four and a half stars. Wait...that was Ed McMahon on Star Search...same thing I guess.

How did your team do when it went up against teams that actually played defense? Not very good. Actually managed to score 13 more against UConn but still couldn't stop them on the defensive end, got bounced. Managed a whopping 59 points against Alabama Birmingham, who was a really bad defensive team and got bounced in the second round. Not sure how you finished that season ranked 9th in the AP. Virginia busted your ass and held you 10 points below your per game average and dropped 10 more points on your defense, the next year. Scored 4 less and gave up 8 more, the year after that, against Purdue. There's a consistent theme among the years you chose. Which is precisely what I'm getting at. At some point in the season, you have to be able to stop the other team from scoring or you get your ass busted. But hey....you did get those coveted AP rankings at the end of those seasons. Are there banners hanging for them at Hilton?

What you said here doesn't prove or disprove anything I said. It's just idiotic blathering. It's cherry picking 4 games out of about 150 that were played, and one of those four games was against UAB, who was a bad defensive team. The other three teams won the national title, Made the Elite 8, or made the Sweet 16. I'm willing to bet ISU's all time record versus that high of quality team isn't great regardless of the circumstances.

If you wanted to prove a point here, you could look up ISU's record vs. top 50 defensive teams during that 5 year timespan. But you didn't, you did some dumb crap.

As far as banners go, there are banners celebrating two Sweet 16's. So yes, there are.

Or if he shits the bed for most of the season and strings together two miracle wins right at the end, and goes a couple rounds deep in the B1G. Then all the homers like @deanvogs will tell us how he's got "momentum" or things are "trending up," or how the next crop of 165 lb white kids from SE Iowa are going to come in and tear the Big Ten apart because 24/7 gave them four and a half stars. Wait...that was Ed McMahon on Star Search...same thing I guess.

You need to learn to read, I don't want Fran around any longer you dumb shit.

I need to find that thread where everyone tore into me when I said there's no way PMac was a Top 30 recruit.

@deanvogs I can hear you slamming that keyboard all the way over here with a hum dinger of a post. Hurry up. I'm waiting

Man I miss the days of Vintage being around, at least he was a worth engaging. The blubbering dolts like you and @HawkGold are so boring it just isn't worth my time.

Sorry @HawkGold I hadn't taken a shot at you in awhile, I just had to.

I need to find that thread where everyone tore into me when I said there's no way PMac was a Top 30 recruit.
He's 80th now, but it's funny how the homers here will defend a top 15 rating to the death but tell us 80th is total bullshit. Same people who said Mitch King (with all due respect) was a first rounder. Can't see the forest for the trees.

There it is. You don't disappoint. I feel bad now that you finished my shit. It hurts.

17f53d9e1751e4b43ebfb065e45c7152.jpg