Shouldn't We make the tournament?

e916ca3c98a3f50d2635dbf99300118f--bathroom-humor-bathroom-stuff.jpg
I wondered where your wife got her shit fetish from. I told her I could handle her chewing Skoal, but I draw the line at bathroom stuff.

If Fran can't take a team from 4 wins in the B1G to the sweet 16 the following year, he should be fired. LOLOLOL, that is a huge troll, even for you.
I think the sweet 16 is asking too much as well but that record we had last yr is what should be the abnormality of it. Remember back to who we had all coming back only losing Jok from the year before and what our expectations were. Last yr was an absolute dumpster fire that made no sense to me. So if this team is anything close to being as bad as they were last yr then Frans job should be on the line. He sure as hell shouldn't be comfy in his chair as KF is.

Iowa allowed their opponents to shoot 37% from 3. That number has to come down at least 3 or 4 percentage points. Being better at switches and defensive rotation will help some of that. The backcourt is so limited on the defensive end because there is no one that is even a decent on-the-ball defender.

Last year our opponents attempted 755 three point shots; that averages to 22.9 attempts per game. If our opponents make 1 less three point shot per game, it comes down almost 5 percentage points.

Last year our opponents attempted 755 three point shots; that averages to 22.9 attempts per game. If our opponents make 1 less three point shot per game, it comes down almost 5 percentage points.

Thanks for doing the math on that. Basketball now is about the 3 point shot; how to shoot it and how to defend it. Without doing the homework I would guess good defensive teams allow in the 29-32% range. If you want to take a deep dive is 22.9 attempts allowed average? Where does that number fall into with the rest of college basketball?

What you said here doesn't prove or disprove anything I said. It's just idiotic blathering. It's cherry picking 4 games out of about 150 that were played, and one of those four games was against UAB, who was a bad defensive team. The other three teams won the national title, Made the Elite 8, or made the Sweet 16. I'm willing to bet ISU's all time record versus that high of quality team isn't great regardless of the circumstances.

If you wanted to prove a point here, you could look up ISU's record vs. top 50 defensive teams during that 5 year timespan. But you didn't, you did some dumb crap.

As far as banners go, there are banners celebrating two Sweet 16's. So yes, there are.
Your team couldn't get stops when it mattered. The good defensive teams they ran into, did get those stops.

Your team couldn't get stops when it mattered. The good defensive teams they ran into, did get those stops.

Defense isn't the end all beat all. If you can't put the ball in the bucket you can't win either. The really good teams are top 30-40 in both adjusted D and adjusted O.