Should the Cy-Hawk football rivalry continue?

Wow some people have short memories and high hopes. We are going undefeated every year now because we did it once! I can tell you right now we won't be undefeated at the end of this regular season. Isn't going to happen. How some forget the years prior to this and wanting to run Ferentz off. About 1/4 of those on here will be calling for his head when we lose our first game this season.

Perhaps you should either win a conference championship or play in a bowl game after Dec. 30th before you come over here spouting about playing a consecutive undefeated regular season. What balls!

This is fun and like shooting fish in a barrel.

Perhaps you should either win a conference championship or play in a bowl game after Dec. 30th before you come over here spouting about playing a consecutive undefeated regular season. What balls!

I like how he throws in "we" as though he's an Iowa fan.

Wow some people have short memories and high hopes. We are going undefeated every year now because we did it once! I can tell you right now we won't be undefeated at the end of this regular season. Isn't going to happen. How some forget the years prior to this and wanting to run Ferentz off. About 1/4 of those on here will be calling for his head when we lose our first game this season.

Your response to my post that you quoted had literally nothing to do with what I posted. I'm honestly not sure why you quoted my post about preferring not to play ISU, and then went on a rant about how Iowa isn't going to go undefeated. I guess that's how ISU fans think.

Your response to my post that you quoted had literally nothing to do with what I posted. I'm honestly not sure why you quoted my post about preferring not to play ISU, and then went on a rant about how Iowa isn't going to go undefeated. I guess that's how ISU fans think.

It's amazing how transparent these clowns are without even realizing it. This thread has nothing to do with last season's 12-0 run, yet he mentions it. The inferiority and envy come bleeding through.... again.

Sorry bud. I am in Kinnick every Saturday home game and some away games in the fall. How bout you sitting on your toilet at home reading the paper?

Yeah it did. You imply playing a Western Michigan will improve Iowa's strength of schedule instead of playing Iowa State. Which is a ****** stupid statement. You want to play a harder team well them the likelihood of a loss goes up and how does that improve anything? Iowa has 0 room for error if trying for playoffs. We likely don't get in with 1 loss and definitely don't at 2 losses. Until they expand playoff to 8 or 16 that is the case. So yeah if you want more of the TaxSlayer or Insight.com bowls yeah lets try to schedule Georgia and see how that goes on average.

I see that Michigan and Notre Dame are going to announce they will play each other again 2018.

This means Michigan OOC schedule in 2018 will be Arkansas, Notre Dame and SMU. Iowa's OOC schedule in 2018 will be NIU, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa. Iowaso ooc schedule is embarrassing compared to Michigan.

I see that Michigan and Notre Dame are going to announce they will play each other again 2018.

This means Michigan OOC schedule in 2018 will be Arkansas, Notre Dame and SMU. Iowa's OOC schedule in 2018 will be NIU, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa. Iowaso ooc schedule is embarrassing compared to Michigan.

FCS teams have no place on our schedule. Period.

What is more terrible is that Iowa will cost to an average 10 point victory margin or less over those teams, assuming they don't lose.

Sorry bud. I am in Kinnick every Saturday home game and some away games in the fall. How bout you sitting on your toilet at home reading the paper?

Whatever.

I live two doors down from the guy who does the Hawk huddles. I had Lisa Bluder watch as I coached my sons 4th grade 3 on 3 basketball team to a resounding 40-17 victory last Thursday night at Prairie. My son's 5 on 5 basketball team periodically gets to play against Fran's youngest son Jack's team. I've been fortunate to have a private tour of the new football facilities/complex after a game.

See, I can play this to.

Oops. Now I see that Michigan is dropping Arkansas in 2018 and 2019 so they can replace them with Notre Dame.

Iowa should now drop UNI or NIU in 2018 and add Arkansas. IOWA should try to play them before Bret gets fired.

Wasn't there some legislation by Bill Reichardt in the late 70's about making the game stay?

No effort was made. 1 guy saying something doesn't make it law guys.

It would be nice to see the series start skipping some years. Rotate ISU in so we play them 4-6 times a decade. Get us more variety. Imagine how excited people would be for the game if we haven't played them in 2 years! The build up would be great for the entire state!

Oops. Now I see that Michigan is dropping Arkansas in 2018 and 2019 so they can replace them with Notre Dame.

Iowa should now drop UNI or NIU in 2018 and add Arkansas. IOWA should try to play them before Bret gets fired.
I like the way you think... I thought we were done playing UNI now? I haven't looked ahead for awhile and don't remember. Brett really wants to have an SEC BIG rivalry for a lack of a better word. I think why not too. Lets get it on

I like the way you think... I thought we were done playing UNI now? I haven't looked ahead for awhile and don't remember. Brett really wants to have an SEC BIG rivalry for a lack of a better word. I think why not too. Lets get it on

An SEC team on our non-con would be a statement. I like it

absolutely.. it's a game that incites emotion and passion. I would rather get rid of the "north eastern south dakota state school for the blind" teams we put on our schedule

Latest posts