Shimonek Throws Down Gauntlet

wundergrape

Retweeted by Howe, Hlas and Morehouse:

Nic Shimonek (@N_shim_9er)
6/25/13, 4:13 PM
Sokol Ruddock and Beathard, I'm gunning for y'all's spot. Don't take anything lightly. #hawkeyenation

He then tweeted that he needs to tweet more often because that previous tweet got him so more followers.

I like the chutzpah kid, but your tweeting days are over.

Good for him. It's a little brash, but in a real world scenario who usually gets the job? The guy who walks into the interview staring at the floor with a weakass handshake or the guy who walks in with his head held high and gives a nice firm handshake?

He's confident. For a QB that's a great intangible. I'd love to see another Drew Tate type competitor back there. That dude used to get into it with his linemen.

Good for him. It's a little brash, but in a real world scenario who usually gets the job? The guy who walks into the interview staring at the floor with a weakass handshake or the guy who walks in with his head held high and gives a nice firm handshake?

He's confident. For a QB that's a great intangible. I'd love to see another Drew Tate type competitor back there. That dude used to get into it with his linemen.

And if twatter was around when Drew was a senior in high school, he would of said the same thing.

I don't follow him. As I stated in the initial post, a bunch of beat writers retweeted it. I follow them.

Thanks for trying to read, though, PCHawk.

I don't follow him. As I stated in the initial post, a bunch of beat writers retweeted it. I follow them.

Thanks for trying to read, though, PCHawk.

That wasn't a jab at you. It was a jab at the people who ruin threads like this by saying how creepy following kids on Twitter is. I assumed there would be at least one post about it and when there wasn't I called 1st in.

He'll transfer within 20 months. KFz will try to neuter a guy with that kind of intensity...and Nic won't like it.

Love the attitude.

Also, I like the fact he wants to come in and push these other guys immediately, rather than wait his turn in line and develop for three years before he gets a shot.

Granted it is HS film but Shimonek's highlights were the best I've seen and that includes the 3 QBs in the running for this year. OTOH, Canzeri's HS film was outstanding and his debut wasn't commensurately mind-blowing...I do still hope that he will produce before he's done.

side note: man, wouldn't it have been great if Drew Tate had Twitter back in the day?!?! now that would have been an awesome follow.

Granted it is HS film but Shimonek's highlights were the best I've seen and that includes the 3 QBs in the running for this year. OTOH, Canzeri's HS film was outstanding and his debut wasn't commensurately mind-blowing...I do still hope that he will produce before he's done.

Canzeri was solid, though undersized. We weren't exactly opening many holes against Oklahoma for him. He ran hard, was quick to the hole and wasn't afraid of contact. I will be surprised if he doesn't have a good year given we have something resembling s respectable passing game.

Canzeri was solid, though undersized. We weren't exactly opening many holes against Oklahoma for him. He ran hard, was quick to the hole and wasn't afraid of contact. I will be surprised if he doesn't have a good year given we have something resembling s respectable passing game.

I'm VERY interested to see how the running game looks with Weisman pounding the rock and Canzeri coming in vs defenders that have had the snot knocked out of them for a couple of series.

Latest posts