Shimonek Throws Down Gauntlet

I see you list dates back at least 7 or 8 years......and you list 11 kids who didn't RS. How many incoming FR QB's ended up RS over that same time period?

The absolute norm is to RS income Qb's, and it isn't even close.

I'm aware of that Deanvogs. But I was responding to Foval's post below. I didn't think there would be very many, but when I started doing a little searching, I started to see more (big) names than I guess I thought I would. I listed them out of more interest to myself than anything else.

I would like to know of a high level d1 QB that started as a true frosh. Johnny Manziel didn't, Andrew luck didn't...they either redshirt or they back someone else up (like drew tate did). Shimonek looks to have skills but it is very unlikely anyone would start as a true frosh because of the intricacies of offenses and developing a rapport with the team and receivers.

The guy who just transferred to Illinois, Wes Lunt (?), started as a true freshman at Okie State before getting injured.

**Edit - Actually, there are quite a few more:
Terrelle Pryor
Matt Barkley
Robert Griffin
Kevin Kolb
Tyrod Taylor
Jimmy Clausen
Zach Mettenberger
Teddy Bridgewater
Brady Quinn
Matt Stafford
Josh Freeman

Interesting...I would have guessed between 2 and 5%. Pretty low numbers either way.

the other thing to look at would be how their ratings as incoming frosh compare to shimonek. I am not big on stars and ratings of high schoolers but I would bet all are higher rated than nic.

Interesting...I would have guessed between 2 and 5%. Pretty low numbers either way.

the other thing to look at would be how their ratings as incoming frosh compare to shimonek. I am not big on stars and ratings of high schoolers but I would bet all are higher rated than nic.

I bet you are right, or at least pretty close, on the 2-5% range. Look at the guys on the list and the range of years (as Deanvogs pointed out)...we're talking 13 guys (when you include the couple posted above [Henne & Forcier]) out of 7-8 years with 120 teams. That's almost 850-950 different potential starting QB's...these 13 here only get us to about 1.5%. Assuming there are more, less heralded guys out there, the number MIGHT climb to 5% (pure speculation on my part).

I'm aware of that Deanvogs. But I was responding to Foval's post below. I didn't think there would be very many, but when I started doing a little searching, I started to see more (big) names than I guess I thought I would. I listed them out of more interest to myself than anything else.

Sorry bout that.....I kind of guessed it would be a very low number, and I think this proves it out. I think it also proves just how idiotic some of the criticism around here is. Simply doing what statistically happens all the time, certain poster try to point that out as some sort of stubbornness on KF part????? Very confusing indeed.

Latest posts