Seth Tuttle

Credit his development throughout his career to reach the point he's at now. Most of you complaining about Iowa not offering him are the same ones that probably would have whined if we signed a player from small town West Fork, IA.

Yeah....we determined all of that already. Does it really matter where he came from? Don't you think it matters more what he did recently. Woodbury was a stud in high school and look at him now. Him and Seth are exact opposites.

Wrong, Woody was a high star project yes, but still a project. The projection was he would get stronger and more coordinated however that hasn't happened at the level it needed to. In short he was a 7 ft, guy playing among children. Unfortunately for him his ceiling may have been reached. I know you would like to make the point that it was because BJ knew he would be great, but truth is UNI recruited a guy on the smallish side for the position he plays and not overly explosive. He is a slid college player because he is smart and understands the system and his place in it. However, the NBA is not calling yet. Truthfully though would have liked Iowa to go after Morgan, would fit Iowas system better than he does UNIs kind of think BJ is holding him back a little with style of play. You have to admit when you see Morgan on the court you see a much more fluid player than say a Bohannnon or Lohaous.

OP is way off base here.
ST grew up/played in Sheffield, Iowa....10 miles north of my hometown.

He was a stud in his class, sure, class 2A. His conference, the Corn Bowl Conference, consisted of Rockford, Britt, Northwood-kensett, Belmond....you get the drift.

It certainly wasn't a reach that Iowa didn't offer then. The pedigree he played against just wasn't there.

This KIND OF LOGIC, must be what the Iowa coaches use to NOT recruit players that
become NATIONAL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK.

LMAO.............IOWA could have had the FORESIGHT to see that Seth Tuttle projected to be a
HELLUVA MAJOR COLLEGE PLAYER>.... but, they apparently asked this poster, who thought little of the
DIAMOND sitting right out in the OPEN, in his own backyard. LOL !!!

Stop drinkin the KoolAid

This KIND OF LOGIC, must be what the Iowa coaches use to NOT recruit players that
become NATIONAL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK.

LMAO.............IOWA could have had the FORESIGHT to see that Seth Tuttle projected to be a
HELLUVA MAJOR COLLEGE PLAYER>.... but, they apparently asked this poster, who thought little of the
DIAMOND sitting right out in the OPEN, in his own backyard. LOL !!!

Stop drinkin the KoolAid

Once again with your hindsight bullsh!t. So you are saying that we should have taken him over White???? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You have been on record saying Iowa is missing on Dileo and Ernst
Who should Iowa cut to sign your boy David Dileo? (Fleming, Moss, Hutton, Wagner)
Who should Iowa cut to sign your boy Brady Ernst? (Fleming, Moss, Hutton, Wagner)

And Marble is playing in the NBA. Also, Woodbury was not a miss. Tell me the post player Iowa could have gotten to commit that you would rather have over Woodbury.

To this point, Woody is a bar none miss. A lot invested for minimal return. Gesell jury is still out.

Put UNI in the Big 10 and they'd be a doormat. UNI plays one tough team in your conference.

If UNI makes the Sweet 16 then they have proven something to me. Until then they are just another mid major having a good year with a weak schedule. The thing about making the Sweet 16...a team doesn't have a week (or more in the regular season) to game plan for that 1 big game 2 or 3 weeks away. UNI will have 2 days just like everyone else and will have to win based on their talent and their system...not because they had far more prep time.

RPI rankings
WSU-13 Wisconsin-8
UNI18 Maryland-16
Evansville-87 Indiana-31
Ill. St.-97 Ohio St.-35
Loyola ?(Ill)-120 Iowa-52
Ind. St.-184 Illinois-58
Mizz. St.-199 Michigan-63
Drake-217 Purdue-78
S. Ill.-277 Minnesota-91
Bradley-289 Penn St.-95
Nebraska-105
Rutgers-111
Northwestern-143

Let us know when you join a mans league instead of slightly better than Juco.

Great post!

Fran needs to get a fortune teller on his staff. That's the only way anyone (including Jacobson) could have known Tuttle would end up this good.

Tuttle is good this year. UNI is good this year. However, the 3 prior years resulted in no postseason, a CIT bid, and an NIT second round bid. Those teams would have been under .500 teams in the Big 10 and Fran would have never gotten to coach the team that currently exists at UNI if he had recruited the same players because he would have been fired by now.

That is why people pining for UNI players and results this year are totally off base... it's simply impossible to project Tuttle would be as good as he is, and you just cannot wait for these guys to develop to have a special season at the high major level. It just doesn't work that way.

Tuttle is good this year. UNI is good this year. However, the 3 prior years resulted in no postseason, a CIT bid, and an NIT second round bid. Those teams would have been under .500 teams in the Big 10 and Fran would have never gotten to coach the team that currently exists at UNI if he had recruited the same players because he would have been fired by now.

That is why people pining for UNI players and results this year are totally off base... it's simply impossible to project Tuttle would be as good as he is, and you just cannot wait for these guys to develop to have a special season at the high major level. It just doesn't work that way.

I disagree skippy. UNI's roster is loaded with players like Seth. Ben Jacobson know how to evaluate players better than howdie doody by a long shot. Roy Williams thanks god every night before he goes to bed Fran pushed hard for The Statue.

Is the 78 in Knigt78 your age? I don't even know who Brunner is so it wasn't me.

My apologies, Fairfax. It was HawkIState that brought Brunner into the debate, not you. And no, I'm not 78; I graduated from Wartburg in '78 (and we beat South Dakota who beat UNI that year).

I disagree skippy. UNI's roster is loaded with players like Seth. Ben Jacobson know how to evaluate players better than howdie doody by a long shot. Roy Williams thanks god every night before he goes to bed Fran pushed hard for The Statue.

Bryce is spot on. That is why UNI only make the NCAA every few years. They hit those kids every now and again that just develop into players like Tuttle.

In '89-'90 they road Jason Reese to the NCAA's, then they had a HUGE NCAA draught

From '04-'06 they made the tourney 3 consecutive years because of Crawford, Jacobson and Stout, then missed the next two.

They made it in '09 & '10 with Eglseder, Moran, Farokhmanesh, Koch.

Now they are primed to make another run this year after a 4 year absence. Maybe you can finally see a pattern here, that is obvious to everyone but you it seems. UNI needs to find a few diamonds to make it to the NCAA, even in a very weak conference. When you recruit like they do, you have to hit on diamonds like Eglseder, Kock, Crawford, Tuttle, etc.

Bryce is spot on. That is why UNI only make the NCAA every few years. They hit those kids every now and again that just develop into players like Tuttle.

In '89-'90 they road Jason Reese to the NCAA's, then they had a HUGE NCAA draught

From '04-'06 they made the tourney 3 consecutive years because of Crawford, Jacobson and Stout, then missed the next two.

They made it in '09 & '10 with Eglseder, Moran, Farokhmanesh, Koch.

Now they are primed to make another run this year after a 4 year absence. Maybe you can finally see a pattern here, that is obvious to everyone but you it seems. UNI needs to find a few diamonds to make it to the NCAA, even in a very weak conference. When you recruit like they do, you have to hit on diamonds like Eglseder, Kock, Crawford, Tuttle, etc.

And I have a hunch Fairfax's presence on this board will follow the same pattern.

And I have a hunch Fairfax's presence on this board will follow the same pattern.

UNI has made the tournament more often than iowa lately. When is the last time iowa was in the tournament? Notice I said tournament not the play in game that if you win gets you into the tournament.

I looked for you: 9 years ago was Iowa's last appearance, 15 years since your last win. Since 2004 UNI 5 appearances, iowa 2.

Last edited:
TKw-sig.png

Hi, I'm Fairfax, I love me some Tuttle.......

UNI has made the tournament more often than iowa lately. When is the last time iowa was in the tournament? Notice I said tournament not the play in game that if you win gets you into the tournament.

I looked for you: 9 years ago was Iowa's last appearance, 15 years since your last win. Since 2004 UNI 5 appearances, iowa 2.

who cares about 15 years ago? If you care about everything in the past then look and see how many final 4 appearances UNI has had compared to Iowa.

Why is it you want to say lately when discussing UNI but with Iowa you want to go way back. How about we go all time where Iowa has gone 23 times with 3 final fours and UNI 6 without sniffing a final four. When the facts come out you look like a ******.

This is life in a real conference: #24 overall SOS for the year as well.

[tweet]563539510181367808[/tweet]

Latest posts