Satisfying Season

Some people have an problem with saying something is good enough. When in reality, sometimes good enough is good enough. But if you always expect perfection then you'll always be disappointed.

Even if we went 12-0 this season, people would have said "yeah but look at the games where we only won by 7 or less" or "we were outgained in some of those games". What it comes down to is that some people just simply are unhappy human beings. They can not ever be happy so they try to prove to the rest of us that we're stupid for not being unhappy like them. Me? I enjoyed that game. It felt like the college football I remember watching as a kid. Cold weather, rough conditions, equally matched teams, men being men. This season could have been better. But we trounced OSU and Nebraska and won our first bowl game in 7 years. GO HAWKS!

Very True!!

Go Hawks!!!

More than u think. Take away 2 the turnovers, one to weather and its a minus 10 fame. Iowa is plain out boring. Even with more exciting players than BC its boring.
Take away the 31 points we scored against North Texas and we got shutout by a bad Conference USA team. FFS why do people always play the "what-if" game, it's so stupid.

considering there are only 2 schools in the conference that currently have more wins the last 3 seasons then Iowa, I don't understand all the dissatisfaction. I would like to be #1 too tho, just can't be as miserable as everyone is making this program out to be.
How does it look when you include the last 7 years?

Some people have an problem with saying something is good enough. When in reality, sometimes good enough is good enough. But if you always expect perfection then you'll always be disappointed.

Even if we went 12-0 this season, people would have said "yeah but look at the games where we only won by 7 or less" or "we were outgained in some of those games". What it comes down to is that some people just simply are unhappy human beings. They can not ever be happy so they try to prove to the rest of us that we're stupid for not being unhappy like them. Me? I enjoyed that game. It felt like the college football I remember watching as a kid. Cold weather, rough conditions, equally matched teams, men being men. This season could have been better. But we trounced OSU and Nebraska and won our first bowl game in 7 years. GO HAWKS!

Freaking solid. Nice post! Well stated.

I too liked the old school game. I to miss grass fields with crappy weather, ole' school games. Now everyone has prescription turf and the uni's don't even get dirty. Rain rarely has an impact on the game anymore.

Take away the 31 points we scored against North Texas and we got shutout by a bad Conference USA team. FFS why do people always play the "what-if" game, it's so stupid.

Why all do it on both sides of the coin. This is not a healthy ptogram and nothing changed yesterday.

Why all do it on both sides of the coin. This is not a healthy ptogram and nothing changed yesterday.

It's won 28 games the last 3 seasons, you are a nut job. Boring football has been winning football for Iowa. That's all I care about, this program wins a lot. I like that.

It's won 28 games the last 3 seasons, you are a nut job. Boring football has been winning football for Iowa. That's all I care about, this program wins a lot. I like that.

You do realize Iowa was held to 250 yards or less 5 times this year? Only a nut job is pumped about that.

I guess we are what our record says we are and ending it on a high note makes most of us feel a bit better. Had we had even an average offense this could have been a 10 win season. I don't think going into next year's schedule is that much of a break. I see a number of typically lower echelon BIGs that are improving.

Need to see an improved offense each year going forward or the Ferentz succession plan should become null and void. Don't think that's asking much considering this year as the baseline.

I would not trade the OSU win with the Purdue loss. The OSU game was one that will be remembered forever while a Purdue win would be forgotten the next year.

i can understand that sentiment. but, i didn't say trade the OSU win for the PU win. I said, essentially said, trade the OSU win for wins over jNW, MSU and PU. that's a 9 win regular season. That is what SHOULD have happened. I would definitely give up the OSU win for a net gain of 2 more wins.

With 8 wins against a top 10 schedule, including a bowl win, a road win against a good ISU team, and putting up two 50 burgers in routs over OSU and Nebraska...plus 2 unanimous all-American honors....the season, for me, was satisfying.

Next year, with the schedule, the nucleus of returning players and good recruiting class, on top of BF having a year of play calling under his belt...I’m looking forward to even better things.

There is a streak you are ignoring, probably because no one understands nor has an answer for. Unfortunately, those are the streaks that usually prevail.

You do realize Iowa was held to 250 yards or less 5 times this year? Only a nut job is pumped about that.
I'm pumped that Iowa is winning football games a lot more then they lose football games. All that matters, I don't care how they do it. There's plenty of ways to skin a cat, just as long as whiskers is dead. I am also pumped that Iowa, even in what I would consider a down season, still wins 8 games and a bowl against a tough schedule. Iowa is soo good football and it makes you upset, that also makes me pumped.

There are a few posters that definitely need to find a new team to support, because they don't support the Hawkeyes. Just go away.

If the offense is even 20% better next season we will win double digit games with our schedule. Losing Wadley sucks, but IKM and Young both showed that they can handle the load. We return our QB, TE's, both OT's, most likely our center, and one of our guards. We also return all of our WR's except Vandeberg, but that's not necessarily a positive thing.

4 of our losses were AT top 25 Michigan State, AT top 25 Northwestern, AT top 10 Wisconsin, and home against top 10 Penn State. The only game we didn't contend in was the Wisconsin game. The Purdue game was an embarrassing disaster and I have no excuses for that loss. I think a lot of people would have a much more positive outlook on this past season if Iowa had beaten Purdue.

More than u think. Take away 2 the turnovers, one to weather and its a minus 10 fame. Iowa is plain out boring. Even with more exciting players than BC its boring.
Take away a missed tackle for a 60 yard gain, a missed block in the back and a hold on the same play, and a fluke tipped TD, and BC has 13 less points as well.

Cherry pick all you want, Iowa straight up won.

However, a bowl win, even though it was against a team that pretty much sucks, was very much needed for the program.
BC went 5-1 in the last half of the regular season, including beating the Louisville in a shootout and throttling FSU. They weren't the Patriots, but they weren't slouches either.

Latest posts