Satisfying Season

I keep hearing about how boring the offense is, that stuff matters to you guys? I don't care - just win games. Iowa does that, so we're safe there.

vs Michigan= 3-1
vs Mich St= 1-4
vs Nebraska= 4-3
vs Northwestern= 4-3
vs Ohio St= 1-1
vs Penn St= 0-4
vs Wisconsin= 1-4

Total record= 14-20

Damn, we used to own Penn State. Sans NW and Debbie, you listed teams that have consistently been top 25 programs during that time.

14-20 is better then I expected.

Damn, we used to own Penn State. Sans NW and Debbie, you listed teams that have consistently been top 25 programs during that time.

14-20 is better then I expected.
What's really stupid is all the people that were calling for Dantonio's head after one bad season. That guy is one damn good coach along with whoever coaches Wisconsin it seems lol.

I keep hearing about how boring the offense is, that stuff matters to you guys? I don't care - just win games. Iowa does that, so we're safe there.
W is a W! I don't give a crap if its a 5-3 win from a safety. Its the damn W's that get away when you know it was in reach or for the taking that frustrate me.

why can't Iowa just be Wisconsin level? is it too much to ask? Barry Alvarez is a genius but Iowa has an incompetent coach and AD. Both schools play extremely boring football.

DSJf9wpU8AARxYD.jpg:large

What's really stupid is all the people that were calling for Dantonio's head after one bad season. That guy is one damn good coach along with whoever coaches Wisconsin it seems lol.

I have Wisci envy as well, they just are on a roll. History shows they'll come back ...but it doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon.

W is a W! I don't give a crap if its a 5-3 win from a safety. Its the damn W's that get away when you know it was in reach or for the taking that frustrate me.

Frustrates me too. I don't want to lose, I am just glad Iowa wins more then it loses even in down seasons. Its a testament to how healthy the program is. It's not elite tho, and that fact is what it boils down to. Iowa doesn't win 12 games a season and to some that's what it will take to be satisfied. I get it, I would like that too.

Stating the obvious. This year was frustrating; I believe this team was better talent-wise than 2015, and had a higher up-side, but a tougher schedule. That OSU game, I don't care who they played that day, they would have won. This team never really figured itself out and how to be consistent. That 2015 team I think played as well as they could have and overachieved, I will always look at this season as; "What could have been."

you've stretched the argument beyond the original line of discussion. I'll bring it back. this season we saw 4 games (jNW, MSU, MN, PU) on how being ultra conservative strangles our offense. This has been a consistency for 19 seasons. In 3 of those 4 games, our offense scored 2 times and in the 4th, they scored 3 times. Our offense was stagnant most of the B1G season and we can point to the play calling for that. in 6 of our 9 B1G games, we scored 3 times or fewer. that is not the type of offensive output we should expect or accept and it lead directly to more losses and less wins than this season should have produced.

And Hayden Fry was the riverboat gambler...Wide open, reverses, etc. What was his record again? He usually played a better non-conference schedule but the Big ten as a conference sucked through most of his years at Iowa. Michigan and OSU. That was it. And he lost virtually every game he coached against both. He did, however, beat the other crap teams in the league and ISU.

I think all the kids played their hearts out and gave their all this season. Those three games we lost to MS, Peedue and NW I blame on stubborn coaching and lack of game planning.

In the MSU game, do you blame the "coaching" for egregiously stupid turnovers? In the NW game, do you blame a clear drop in OT on "coaching"?

I get that the game plans weren't the best. But to say "execution" is strictly about "coaching" is disingenuous. It's sorta like those who blame KF for poor recruiting, then say with our talent we should have been a 9-win or 10-win team this year.

One simply can't have their "choices" to determine whether someone is a good coach/player/etc.

and we lost to both by 1 score while showcasing an offensive scheme that most high school teams could have defended. we scored 10 points in each game. so, turn that around and WE would be finishing in the top 25, perhaps. That's my point. We rationalize instead of demand better.

So, when you demand better, do you demand it of players who commit stupid/egregious turnovers or penalties?

And if that's on KF for being a "poor recruiter", why would you expect 10-win seasons?

So, when you demand better, do you demand it of players who commit stupid/egregious turnovers or penalties?

And if that's on KF for being a "poor recruiter", why would you expect 10-win seasons?
Cause that has nothing to do with coaching....

Cause that has nothing to do with coaching....

Not according to you and the anti-crowd. EVERYthing goes back to bad coaching. Except, of course, 2015. That was due to a crappy schedule.

Are you THAT miserable all the time? I got a solution: watch "This Is Spinal Tap", followed by "Pope of Greenwich Village". I guarantee, you'll start to notice a smile cropping up :)

And Hayden Fry was the riverboat gambler...Wide open, reverses, etc. What was his record again? He usually played a better non-conference schedule but the Big ten as a conference sucked through most of his years at Iowa. Michigan and OSU. That was it. And he lost virtually every game he coached against both. He did, however, beat the other crap teams in the league and ISU.

so he did what he was supposed to do, right?

Fact is the site would be much better without you and couple others.. You are the true definition of a troll as well as Ben, Fryowa and Josh Brown.. Site would be a much better site without the BS that comes from you guys. You troll around this site not knowing how to carry on conversation like adults, derail post with negativity and belittle others with memes etc.. It’s sad that the admins allow it..

Fryowa isn't a troll. He's a curmudgeon, but not a troll. TK isn't a "troll" as much as he's a "contrarian". Josh? No explanation. As much of a mystery as Bigfoot...

And YOU realize that AWs kick returns yesterday "stole" some potential yardage, right?

So did several BC turnovers. I"m happy they one. Just don't think 5 games of 250 yards or less is the sign of a healthy program. Especially with Fant and Wadley.

Latest posts