Sally Mason is CEO

You're so butt hurt that Vin found a way to get to you that you're going to run away like a little ***** tavernhokk like you did back in the old days. The best day of your life must have been when Jon decided to ban the dirty 30 so you didn't have to run away anymore. Same ol' deanvog...never could finish a fight with any dignity.

This is Gold Sparky, pure gold......admitting that you are nothing but Vin's lacky.....I'm the opposite of butthurt, I'm laughy my azz off at you and your lacky status.

Oh, and Ive said many times to let the dirty 30 back. I'd much rather debate Vin, instead of his half wit lacky.

Dean, the way you and others here (including, sadly, the publisher of this site) are you so ready to scapegoat Sally Mason for the failures of the football program you would feel right at home in 1930s Germany, I suspect. Seriously, there is no reason to put this at her door. Why do you have such a problem putting the blame exactly where it belongs: on Kirk James Ferentz, and on his immediate boss, Gary Barta? Sally Mason did not hire or approve of an old school re-tread as offensive coordinator, or promoting a Norm Parker underling as defensive coordinator. Sally Mason did not come up with a backdoor, secret plan to put Ferentz's son on the football staff. In most companies, that would be a firing offense.

I frankly do not want the university president meddling in Iowa's athletic programs. Do you? I can't imagine the outcry if that was ever demonstrated.

I'm going to throw the challenge back to you and to Jon D. Miller:

Other than making it harder for you to drink alcohol near Kinnick Stadium and other university real estate, what specifically has Sally Mason done to harm Iowa football? Hell, I'll even given you a broader sidewalk on which to spit your bile -- all Iowa athletics.

Again, we're talking Sally Mason specifically, not Gary Barta. I do agree there is plenty to warrant GarBar's dismissal.

This is Gold Sparky, pure gold......admitting that you are nothing but Vin's lacky.....I'm the opposite of butthurt, I'm laughy my azz off at you and your lacky status.

Oh, and Ive said many times to let the dirty 30 back. I'd much rather debate Vin, instead of his half wit lacky.

For god's sake...it's LACKEY. F****** idiot.

If I recall you've never debated anyone, not even me. As soon as you lose, which is pretty quickly, you immediately start name calling.

I may have to go back into the record books and find some old threads where Vin made you look like well...you.

Dean, what is this "wasteland" you speak of? It sounds like a more intelligent place.

It's a parallel universe that occupies space in some people's minds.

parallel_universe+(1).jpg

Dean, the way you and others here (including, sadly, the publisher of this site) are you so ready to scapegoat Sally Mason for the failures of the football program you would feel right at home in 1930s Germany, I suspect. Seriously, there is no reason to put this at her door. Why do you have such a problem putting the blame exactly where it belongs: on Kirk James Ferentz, and on his immediate boss, Gary Barta? Sally Mason did not hire or approve of an old school re-tread as offensive coordinator, or promoting a Norm Parker underling as defensive coordinator. Sally Mason did not come up with a backdoor, secret plan to put Ferentz's son on the football staff. In most companies, that would be a firing offense.

I frankly do not want the university president meddling in Iowa's athletic programs. Do you? I can't imagine the outcry if that was ever demonstrated.

I'm going to throw the challenge back to you and to Jon D. Miller:

Other than making it harder for you to drink alcohol near Kinnick Stadium and other university real estate, what specifically has Sally Mason done to harm Iowa football? Hell, I'll even given you a broader sidewalk on which to spit your bile -- all Iowa athletics.

Again, we're talking Sally Mason specifically, not Gary Barta. I do agree there is plenty to warrant GarBar's dismissal.

First of all, thanks Tweeter for coming back, and recalling Vin's little b!tch Sparky. Vin needs to look for a new b!tch, but we can save that for a later date.

I do hold KF accountable and Barta. I think they both need to go. The state of the football program is directly on those two. I feel where Sally is accountable is the overall management of the athletic department. Is she not responsible for the Athletic department, does Barta not report to her? If the athletic department is not performing, is she not ultimately responsible? If she continues to employ Gary Barta is she not endorsing the job he is doing? That is my biggest red flag, that she is endorsing Barta, and Iowa is rock bottom in athletic departments in the B1G.

Couple with that with her relationship with the BOR and it is concerning. Say what you want about the BOR being meanies to her, she has to work with them, and she is getting cut off at the knees right now. Signing the deal where Iowa will lose nearly 50 mil over the next few years (sure you will say she had to), but how do you let the BOR get to that point? That is her job to advocate for Iowa and secure funding, not lose it like that.

If Mason was just be proactive and secured a strong AD that could turn about the athletic department, that would probably be enough. Yet it seems she thinks everything is fine, and turns a blind eye to the problems and challenges in the Iowa Athletic department. Since that is the case, I say we get someone as President of the university that has a better relationship with the BOR regents that can secure funding for Iowa, and is will to bring in a strong AD who can correct the problems and issues that are run rampant in this current athletic department which include KF's power in that department.

For god's sake...it's LACKEY. F****** idiot.

If I recall you've never debated anyone, not even me. As soon as you lose, which is pretty quickly, you immediately start name calling.

I may have to go back into the record books and find some old threads where Vin made you look like well...you.

I actually don't remember ever having any interaction with you at all. That is what makes this hilarious, that Vin can tots own you like this.

tumblr_inline_n06i85anqk1s1rsid.gif

First of all, thanks Tweeter for coming back, and recalling Vin's little b!tch Sparky. Vin needs to look for a new b!tch, but we can save that for a later date.

I do hold KF accountable and Barta. I think they both need to go. The state of the football program is directly on those two. I feel where Sally is accountable is the overall management of the athletic department. Is she not responsible for the Athletic department, does Barta not report to her? If the athletic department is not performing, is she not ultimately responsible? If she continues to employ Gary Barta is she not endorsing the job he is doing? That is my biggest red flag, that she is endorsing Barta, and Iowa is rock bottom in athletic departments in the B1G.

Couple with that with her relationship with the BOR and it is concerning. Say what you want about the BOR being meanies to her, she has to work with them, and she is getting cut off at the knees right now. Signing the deal where Iowa will lose nearly 50 mil over the next few years (sure you will say she had to), but how do you let the BOR get to that point? That is her job to advocate for Iowa and secure funding, not lose it like that.

If Mason was just be proactive and secured a strong AD that could turn about the athletic department, that would probably be enough. Yet it seems she thinks everything is fine, and turns a blind eye to the problems and challenges in the Iowa Athletic department. Since that is the case, I say we get someone as President of the university that has a better relationship with the BOR regents that can secure funding for Iowa, and is will to bring in a strong AD who can correct the problems and issues that are run rampant in this current athletic department which include KF's power in that department.

First, we can at least agree that both Barta and Ferentz need to go based on the results on the football field. So at least we have that going for us. But I can also understand that Mason is reluctant to pink slip Barta. He actually has been a very good fundraiser for the university. Very good. It would be hard to find someone who does it better. And that is key. So I'll give her credit for that.

As far as the Board of Regents, she's dealing with a collection of Chuck Grassley clones who view the University of Iowa as a pinko institution that, if they had their druthers, would be relocated to just outside of Princeton or Stanford. They see more conservative Iowa Straight as the favorite son who ought to be preserved at all costs, even the UI's. Why should Iowa taxpayers continue to subsidize all those urban kids coming in from Chicago or St. Louis? So that's the Iowa idiocy that Mason is dealing with. Iowa is a bastion of liberal education that just happens to be located in the former capital city of Iowa, and a lot of farmers in the Iowa Legislature don't like that. Those are the morons Sally Mason is having to deal with.

So I am somewhat surprised that tavernhawks like you and Jon Miller claim to have such a strong insight into Sally Mason and her leadership of the University of Iowa and to feel qualified to assert that she should be fired.

And both of you have yet to cite one specific fact justifying her dismissal.

And both of you have yet to cite one specific fact justifying her dismissal.

I cited reasons, you seem to just not agree with them. That is fine, I'm cool with Sally if she would step up and take control of the Athletic department, and better secured funding for teh University. You may give her a pass on these things, but I judge on result.....and the athletic department is a mess, and she is getting funding pulled by the BOR for which she signed off on.

I cited reasons, you seem to just not agree with them. That is fine, I'm cool with Sally if she would step up and take control of the Athletic department, and better secured funding for teh University. You may give her a pass on these things, but I judge on result.....and the athletic department is a mess, and she is getting funding pulled by the BOR for which she signed off on.

And..."she stabbed the football program in the back and watched as it slow bleed all the atmosphere out of Kinnick until last year when it was nearly dead did they finally figure out WTF they just did. It was 4 1/2 years of ignorant bliss over there, and it is inexcusable, and most certainly a fireable offense."

Don't forget that gem, deano.

I know you started this just to troll me, but pull your head out of your azz Tweeter. This isn't about getting drunk, but that is all you got, cause you don't even know what Kinnick is like any longer......you just "read" about it. I drive down every morning on game day, and I stay sober cause I drove home after every game. I have no interest in seeing more drunks around Kinnick on game day. This isn't about "getting hammered". It's about the University offering a fun and inviting environment for it's paying customers. You don't just tell your SUPPORTERS who are actually paying thousands of $$$$ a year to just show up, shut up, and GTFO when the game is done.

The problem is the university has driven away far too many of the good people with it's go f yourself attitude. The give me your check, now GTFO policies. Maybe you would understand this if you had actually set foot in Kinnick over the last 10 years. Instead you sit in your ivory tower (Ivory tower = couch in your case) with Sally, and try to explain to others what is and isn't good for them. Man I think you have been hanging with those libs too long in da Wasteland, and you are starting to think like them....next you'll tell me Sally Mason should be dictator and supreme commander so those mean BOR types don't spoil her master plans......cause lack of oversight has never led to anything bad at all....

Go back to Da Wasteland and ask OK4P how welcoming the athletic dept. and the university are......maybe he can splan it to ya.

This thread is hilarious. Your rant is hilarious. That is all.

This site, just like hawkeye football, is stale as hell, or "Aqua Velva" in Jon's terms. Sorry if that may have been copyrighted by him. At any rate, propane sales are way up!

And..."she stabbed the football program in the back and watched as it slow bleed all the atmosphere out of Kinnick until last year when it was nearly dead did they finally figure out WTF they just did. It was 4 1/2 years of ignorant bliss over there, and it is inexcusable, and most certainly a fireable offense."

Don't forget that gem, deano.

Thumbs up for that gem. I heard you were looking to be someone else b!tch, so add that to my other post, B!tch.

Thumbs up for that gem. I heard you were looking to be someone else b!tch, so add that to my other post, B!tch.

Again i will request: provide one specific reason why Sally Mason should be fired, other than she ruined your tailgating experience or the Iowa SID doesn't get Jon unedited transcripts of coaches' pressers fast enough to re-poast here.

My patience is running thin, deano. You, too, Jon.

Who am I looking to become exactly?

You make this way too easy and you're so angry it makes me happy.

No, seriously I can't stop laughing at you. I mean I don't ever remember once posting anything to you at all before this thread.....yet you know everything about me. I mean I didn't know who you were before you became Vin's B!tch, so I ain't mad at all, I'm pretty freaking entertained at this point......so thanks for the laughy pal.

Again i will request: provide one specific reason why Sally Mason should be fired, other than she ruined your tailgating experience or the Iowa SID doesn't get Jon unedited transcripts of coaches' pressers fast enough to re-poast here.

My patience is running thin, deano. You, too, Jon.

How am I supposed to take anything at all serious on this laughy website? I mean I got Vin's little yip dog Sparky barking at my heels (and cracking me up). I've posted several examples and even conceded that I don't really care if she stayed if she could take control of the athletic department and secure funding for the U.

No, seriously I can't stop laughing at you. I mean I don't ever remember once posting anything to you at all before this thread.....yet you know everything about me. I mean I didn't know who you were before you became Vin's B!tch, so I ain't mad at all, I'm pretty freaking entertained at this point......so thanks for the laughy pal.

I've learned in the last 24 hours all I ever need to know about you to keep you ****** off and looking out for my responses moving forward.

You keep saying you're laughing when in fact it's easy to tell your so angry it's eating at you. You can barely make a post without mentioning me now and calling me some childish name, even posts you're making towards others around here. I expect that level of intelligence from someone like you though.

You think that calling me vin's ***** is getting to me. It's not. Vin was giving me some ideas to mess with you. I'm sorry you don't have anyone that you can do that with. Try to stop being you maybe you can make some acquaintances sometime.

As vin just posted on da wasteland. If you want to debate then register there and stop being a *****.