Rodney Coe is 6'3" 300lbs

Wow pal. The kid was an All-American athlete that had several prestigious scholarship offers. He is getting his education paid for playing major division 1 football. Who knows what the future holds for him. Maybe a shot at the NFL maybe not. Pretty impressive resume for a 21 year old kid. What have you done with your life that's worth two craps? If anything his perseverance has been impressive. He didn't let a bump in the road get in the way of his dreams.
I have some photos of me holding guns. My crowning achiement. That and my third grade diploma....both can get me into ISU.

Wow pal. The kid was an All-American athlete that had several prestigious scholarship offers. He is getting his education paid for playing major division 1 football. Who knows what the future holds for him. Maybe a shot at the NFL maybe not. Pretty impressive resume for a 21 year old kid. What have you done with your life that's worth two craps? If anything his perseverance has been impressive. He didn't let a bump in the road get in the way of his dreams.
by the way the key word there is HAD some prestigious college offers. Now he stuck at ISU.

I have a couple questions I'd like to hear you answer. Why, in your opinion, did Coe have so many offers out of high school and then so few out of IWCC? Why do you think all of the major schools backed away? Why did Iowa back away if he is so excellent? Don't you think there has to be something else going on here or are you completely delusional?

Iowa State took him because their DL is terrible and they need him. Plus they didn't have to fight with any other schools for him. He kind of fell right into their laps. My point is if he's really the player people thought he could be he would have had a lot more programs going after him.

Coe went to IWCC as a rb. He played rb for 1 yr. that means he put on his weight much faster than gallery did. Plus gallery was someone known for his work ethic. Coe has had some marks against him in that area. I don't think he is much of a factor until his sr yr because he will have to learn a lot. He might play but he will struggle a lot. I think of Carl Davis who struggled at first because of bad technique. Coe will need another yer before he is going to do much.

His resume is not very impressive for a 21 year old. He did not qualify for admission into a major university, had an unspectacular community college career, then chose Iowa State over offers from mid-majors.

I have a son that age, and I'd be pretty bummed if that's the way he turned out.

His resume is not very impressive for a 21 year old. He did not qualify for admission into a major university, had an unspectacular community college career, then chose Iowa State over offers from mid-majors.

I have a son that age, and I'd be pretty bummed if that's the way he turned out.

You'd be bummed if you kid couldn't originally get into college, went to juco and worked hard to qualify for a university academically and play division 1 college football? Tough expectations.

You'd be bummed if you kid couldn't originally get into college, went to juco and worked hard to qualify for a university academically and play division 1 college football? Tough expectations.
Yes, I would be bummed if my kid couldn't get into college, went to community college, and then enrolled in a less prestigious school.

Honestly, the whole "couldn't get into college in the first place" thing would be kind of a drag. I wouldn't use it to brag.

I have a couple questions I'd like to hear you answer. Why, in your opinion, did Coe have so many offers out of high school and then so few out of IWCC? Why do you think all of the major schools backed away? Why did Iowa back away if he is so excellent? Don't you think there has to be something else going on here or are you completely delusional?

Iowa State took him because their DL is terrible and they need him. Plus they didn't have to fight with any other schools for him. He kind of fell right into their laps. My point is if he's really the player people thought he could be he would have had a lot more programs going after him.

Funny how ForeverDelusional still hasn't answered these questions.

Funny how ForeverDelusional still hasn't answered these questions.

He is strictly a troll, he isn't about to answer anything. I just wish he were a better troll, I mean it is like shooting fish in a barrel with his stupid azz posts.

Agreed about guns. Anybody that celebrates weapons designed to kill humans is a Gangsta. Only cops and the military should have those guns. Go hawks beat the Gangstas!;)

The fans and the media are shoveling a crap ton of expectations on this kid. Should be interesting watching him crack under the pressure.

He is strictly a troll, he isn't about to answer anything. I just wish he were a better troll, I mean it is like shooting fish in a barrel with his stupid azz posts.

Haha I know Deano. This is why I was hoping we could see his explanation as to why every single school that recruited Coe out of high school wanted nothing to do with him two years later. Because I find the way he puts a warped spin on everything to be quite amusing. Maybe even he couldn't come up with a response to that one.

ISU only recruited him because they realized everyone else had backed off so they actually had a chance. The kid was given natural athletic talent. I don't want to bash him, but the only way to explain so many schools giving up on him is that he simply doesn't have what it takes mentally to succeed. Maybe he'll figure that out at ISU after Rhoads tells him he's so pwoud a thousand times.

Coe might suck I honestly don't know, I do think he will make a positive impact on the field though.

That said the funniest thing in this thread is the notion that iowa is somehow stacked on the defensive line. Iowa is counting on guys who haven't taken snaps or guys who have improving significantly same as Iowa State.

Edit: Iowa State's Ben lamaak gained 70 pounds in one year a few years ago. High school qb at 220 to redshirt fresh at 290 in one year.

Haha I know Deano. This is why I was hoping we could see his explanation as to why every single school that recruited Coe out of high school wanted nothing to do with him two years later. Because I find the way he puts a warped spin on everything to be quite amusing. Maybe even he couldn't come up with a response to that one.

ISU only recruited him because they realized everyone else had backed off so they actually had a chance. The kid was given natural athletic talent. I don't want to bash him, but the only way to explain so many schools giving up on him is that he simply doesn't have what it takes mentally to succeed. Maybe he'll figure that out at ISU after Rhoads tells him he's so pwoud a thousand times.

You may be onto something...

Here is a quote from Coe on why he didn't pick Iowa: "He said part of the reason he opened up his recruitment at Iowa Western was due to Iowa fans jumping all over him on social networks."

This is pathetic. Someone who's decisions are effected by what a handful of people say on social networks then what happens when their ego gets destroyed by better players on the field - real life? This guy is a loose canon.