Rhoads-zo the Clown

Dude, they haven't allowed more than 40 points for 23 consecutive games. They are that good.

24 now, actually. I looked it up. It's been 24 games and almost two years since they gave up more than 35 points. They have won 10 of those 24 games.

Clearly a fumble. They also clearly allowed a hail mary for a touchdown at the end of the first half. Not really something you should do if you want to win close games.

Ha. The only people that have an issue with Rhoads' post-game rant are some Texas fans and iowa fans. Why do hawk fans care? Is it because ISU is in the national spotlight again, so hawk fans think they need to pipe up, just like during this last basketball season? Oh, and essentially the entire country loved the Rhoads' rant and thought that Iowa State was screwed. Keep being hurry-butt gents. It's truly fun to watch!

Whether I think the call was blown (which I do) or wasn't doesn't matter. The fact as many have stated is that ISU put themselves in a position in which the game depended on them getting a favorable replay decision to win the game, and they didn't. To put it on the refs, IMO isn't fair because if a number of other things are done differently then the outcome changes.

It's a hail Mary pass and there were 4 dbacks there to swat the ball down, but guess what. They let a receiver make a play. That play was huge, because IMO that put the life, or what little life was left, back into Texas at the break.

What I haven't heard was anyone looking past the "terrible call" and adressing the fact that ISU's two minute offense to get back into field goal range was on par if not worse than an iowa two minute drill the past few years. Whether they got hosed or not, the fact was they had time to get into field goal range and choked miserably, based on play calling and execution, while in the process.

If people want something to complain about lets look past the fumble, that was ruled not a fumble and talk about how after the TD they still had a chance, but took the deer in headlights approach without any help from the stripes once they got the ball back.

IMO as soon as the fumble was ruled down, they accepted the moral victory and found there excuse. They packed it up mentally after that and the result was the drive or lack there of that could have won the game for them.

Ha. The only people that have an issue with Rhoads' post-game rant are some Texas fans and iowa fans. Why do hawk fans care? Is it because ISU is in the national spotlight again, so hawk fans think they need to pipe up, just like during this last basketball season? Oh, and essentially the entire country loved the Rhoads' rant and thought that Iowa State was screwed. Keep being hurry-butt gents. It's truly fun to watch!

I like when other people care about my team because they win games.

Sorry you lost me at ISU in the national spotlight again. Sorry but the fact it was a Thursday night game and their second one at that is the only reason they were in the spotlight. 3/4s of those watching this "spotlight" game we're only paying attention because it was one of the few games on. It was on a Thursday night lol.

I like when other people care about my team because they win games.

Yeah, with wins over powerhouse programs like Eastern Michigan Tech and Northeast Missouri A&M State I can't understand why iowa isn't up there with Alabama in the rankings.

Sorry you lost me at ISU in the national spotlight again. Sorry but the fact it was a Thursday night game and their second one at that is the only reason they were in the spotlight. 3/4s of those watching this "spotlight" game we're only paying attention because it was one of the few games on. It was on a Thursday night lol.

I'll type slowly for you. I'm not even talking about the game last night. I'm talking about the fallout today. That's pretty easy to understand, right?

Yeah, with wins over powerhouse programs like Eastern Michigan Tech and Northeast Missouri A&M State I can't understand why iowa isn't up there with Alabama in the rankings.

Well that has nothing to do with anything.

Hey Stewie, there was one other win in there that you seemed to have forgot about. But its fun to talk about the nobodies we played OOC.

I'll type slowly for you. I'm not even talking about the game last night. I'm talking about the fallout today. That's pretty easy to understand, right?

Type a little slower for me, because I guess I missed the "national spotlight" of a Thursday night game. The appeal is it was one of the few college games on last night and admittedly there was controversy. But honestly no one really cares. Just something else to complain about, because the argument is being used to belittle Texas and not because it was an injustice to ISU. They were using ISU to show off how far Texas has fallen, I didn't see it as very complementary.

Iowa State is in the "national spotlight" again because they're the joke of the big 12. Just look at your clown coach and his childish antics during and after the game. You need to realize that Iowa State is the conference team meant to lose to other conference members so the good teams can look good.

I hope that it does come out of the BIG 12 that you were screwed, because at that point you losers may finally realize you're entire program is a joke and nobody wants you around except to beat you.

Why do Hok fans care? Because you guys suck, and it's funny to watch. I'll be honest, it's 100% schadenfreude. That's nice the entire country loved Pauw rant. You're still 1-3, soon to be 1-6. If you can't get a coach to win games, take solace that your coach wins press conferences. I am sure recruits are dying to do play for Pauw after sticking up for his players. Let's see how well that works after you finish 2-10.

The whistle clearly had not blown and he was not down. Plus, all three broadcasters thought it was a fumble. Some of you guys on here............man. If this happened to the hawks this board would melt from hawk fans sick about the call.

The hawks would have stepped on their throat and not allowed the situation to arise. Iowa runs for 500 vs Texas

I wish I would have remembered the stat the announcers mentioned on the Clown's record on Thurs/Fri compared to Saturdays. It was pretty amusing