Rhoads-zo the Clown

It was a fumble. He wasn't down, the whistle wasn't blown, he was still fighting for yards, it was a clean strip.
There's no way any impartial observer could say otherwise.

Yep and ??. That was unquestionably a fumble the first time at the one yard line. #52 had already taken a couple of steps before the RB went down and the whistle blew the play dead. Yes, they committed some stupid penalties and let it come down to a bad call like that making the difference in the end, but they still got robbed.
Such strange days that true gold Hawk fans are standing up for the Klowns... And yes, it appears they didn't get the call on the 1 yard line. If they punched the ball into the endzone instead of settling for a field goal, none of this matters. Oh, and when was the last time that an obvious Hail Mary pass has actually worked in the modern football era? should be neva since d-backs all know to just swat the ball down.

It was a fumble. He wasn't down, the whistle wasn't blown, he was still fighting for yards, it was a clean strip.
There's no way any impartial observer could say otherwise.

His feet were wrapped and his upper body was wrapped, there was no fighting for yards. He was down because his forward progress stopped. The time of the whistle also doesn't matter as long as the ref determined him down. Watch a game and pay attention to the whistle, it's not uncommon.

ISU lost because they suck. They lost because they had 118 yards in penalties. They lost because they allowed a hail mary play with no time on the clock going into halftime.

Nope and nope.

Really, just dismissing altogether the possibility that three professional analysts in the booth also thought it was a fumble too? That even Texas fans on their own message boards are calling it a fumble and actually wouldnt have minded losing that game to get Brown out of there?

Youre not the brightest poster on here if you cant put down your hawk colored goggles and look at it objectively.

Love Fran's passion, hates Rhoads' passion. Gotta love this hypocrisy that comes up every once in awhile.

His feet were wrapped and his upper body was wrapped, there was no fighting for yards. He was down because his forward progress stopped. The time of the whistle also doesn't matter as long as the ref determined him down. Watch a game and pay attention to the whistle, it's not uncommon.

Actually... He was ruled "Down by Contact" by the official on the field. If he had been ruled down because of forward motion then the play would not have been reviewable. Since he was actually ruled "down by contact." the play was reviewed. At this point the only job of the replay official was to decide if he was indeed "down by contact" Which it is easy to see on the video that he was not down by contact before the ball was fumbled.
Therefore it was an easy call for the replay official to deduce that no the player was not down by contact, and we are going to overturn the call, and I have yet to find a person that would disagree with that diagnosis.

As much as I don't like ISU or Rhoads, he deserved to win, but got robbed. The ball was clearly out before he was down. There might be an argument for forward progress being stopped, but he was ruled down by contact, which he was not. Also on the hail mary, the left tackle had a blatant hold. People need to calm down on the field goal too...it's conservative, but safe. If put in the same situation, I feel Kirk would make the same call. Granted, he probably would have called a run on 3rd and 2. Texas really should have been running the ball way more throughout the game because McCoy didn't look that good,and their O-line massively outsized ISU's. In the end, the Big 12 needs their money makers to be seen as a quality team. This may be the first and last time I feel bad for ISU. You probably think I'm defending ISU, but in reality I'm being objective.

I am not a fan of Iowa State. Fact is I can't stand them. But I agree with him about the fumble. It was a fumble. And the ref's blew the call.

Texas should have never been in that position to have to score a touchdown to beat the Clowns. There is no way that Texas with all their advantages should play that bad. And against a team like Iowa State.

Um, I don't like Iowa State . . . but they got jobbed . . . twice.

Um, no they did not.
No fumble on the one. Down by contact and a reasonable call.
PI in the end zone was as blatant as could be.
ISU has played 3 average football teams in Ames this year. They have lost all 3. They suck, plain and simple.

paw....a a a a a a.....we're the least penalized..a a a a a a a team in the conference....a a a a a a quite a few hankies on the field this evening.

very pwoud to blame a a a a a the wefs for the loss this even a a a a ing....

Ha, like big kirk is just a wordsmith and a public speakin' wonder!! "Aaaaaa ya know..." Another knee slapper ankle...

The whistle clearly had not blown and he was not down. Plus, all three broadcasters thought it was a fumble. Some of you guys on here............man. If this happened to the hawks this board would melt from hawk fans sick about the call.

That's how things work in college fan message board world. You new here?

ISU lost because they suck. They lost because they had 118 yards in penalties. They lost because they allowed a hail mary play with no time on the clock going into halftime.

His feet weren't both completely wrapped up and he was still fighting until he knew he got stripped and then he tried to magically 'fall' to the ground....either way, how in the world is texas in that situation against Iowa st? What a mess

Such strange days that true gold Hawk fans are standing up for the Klowns... And yes, it appears they didn't get the call on the 1 yard line. If they punched the ball into the endzone instead of settling for a field goal, none of this matters. Oh, and when was the last time that an obvious Hail Mary pass has actually worked in the modern football era? should be neva since d-backs all know to just swat the ball down.

I do not get all the ISU sympathy here. You will NEVER see it or hear it from ISU fans. Fact of the matter, it was a game played between two teams that would be average teams in the Mo Valley Conference this year. Boo frickin hoo. When the day comes when I hear anything but cheers from an ISU fan after an Iowa loss, maybe I'll change my tune. Until then, I hope they (ISU) lose every game, forever.

I do not get all the ISU sympathy here. You will NEVER see it or hear it from ISU fans. Fact of the matter, it was a game played between two teams that would be average teams in the Mo Valley Conference this year. Boo frickin hoo. When the day comes when I hear anything but cheers from an ISU fan after an Iowa loss, maybe I'll change my tune. Until then, I hope they (ISU) lose every game, forever.

They're little brother