Request of Iowa State

Cychamp I would actually agree with you here.....I wish Ferentz put more emphasis on this game like Fry use to. Not our top priority, but perhaps, our top priority in the non-conference games. I kind of feel Ferentz treats this game just like any other non-conference game. Hawkeye call in show radio people kind of alluded to this tonight comparing Ferentz to Fry with the ISU game.

To from 15 in a row to a losing record in the last decade ISU (even though ISU has improved) is definitely a problem from where we stand.

But, the problem for Iowa is probably deeper than just this game unfortunately.

Last edited:
Fine, I'll give you that we haven't beaten the kings of the conference, but perhaps you guys should do something to emphasize the game and win it, a la make it your Super Bowl.

No, we need to stop playing down to the level of teams we should beat, not saying that happened this year at all...........but still.

Exactly.
If the clowns really thought they were legit, and that Iowa wasn't THE game for them annually, they'd enjoy tonight and maybe tomorrow morning, and then they'd start focusing on their next opponent. This applies to the team and the fans.
But I expect to see clown fans here on HN for the remainder of the year, talking schit about today's crapfest, no matter what the rest of their season brings.
THAT is the little bro mentality that they'll never shake.

Yep, and this is my problem with it. Iowa HAS gone on to win after a loss to ISU and played in big bowls, etc. This is why it's not our Super Bowl. (Now, I'd love it if they would PLAY like it is for once).

Fine, I'll give you that we haven't beaten the kings of the conference, but perhaps you guys should do something to emphasize the game and win it, a la make it your Super Bowl.

idiotic strawman

Ferrets's goals are and always have been conference wins and attaining the best possible bowl game. Which he has done pretty well, and I am NOT a Ferrets fan.
Maybe one of these days, you'll hire a coach that has that sort of philosophy.
Until then, Iowa will remain boldly circled on the clown calendar and y'all will shrivel up during the balance of your season.

Cychamp I would actually agree with you here.....I wish Ferentz put more emphasis on this game like Fry use to. Not our top priority, but perhaps, our top priority in the non-conference games.

To from 15 in a row to a losing record in the last decade ISU (even though ISU has improved) is definitely a problem from where we stand.

But, the problem for Iowa is probably deeper than just this game unfortunately.

Good post. How you described the game is exactly how ISU views it.

idiotic strawman

Ferrets's goals are and always have been conference wins and attaining the best possible bowl game. Which he has done pretty well, and I am NOT a Ferrets fan.
Until then, Iowa will remain boldly circled on the clown calendar and y'all will shrivel up during the balance of your season.

Whatever helps you sleep at night after another loss in the series.

idiotic strawman

This is flat out butt hurt and you know it scorp.

this game is arguably one of the 2 or 3 easiest games on isu's schedule. any success or lack thereof is more a function of that than anything else.

I've been to every ISU home game in the last 15 years and I can tell you that beating Oklahoma State was a bigger than any win over Iowa. Not even in the same ballpark.

There have been times in the past where I thought Iowa was the better team but still lost. This season I think ISU should have won by at least 20 points. I didn't see one position on the field needs field goal kicker where Iowa was better.

I would say that if Iowa d ISU's schedule they would probably win 3-4 games this year. This is just a real bad year for Iowa , it happens.

Out coached......doesn't seem to matter who the head clown is. tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick...... Some things just don't change as time goes by. Really? I suppose it just ISU superior athletes........ NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is flat out butt hurt and you know it scorp.

No, it isn't. Losing two in a row to you clowns bothers me a lot less than losing two in a row to conference foe minnysoda. Or the craptastic record Ferrets has against northwestern. Or the fact that we have only beaten fo$u maybe three times during my 47 years on this planet.
Those opponents matter more to me and to Iowa, because so much more is at stake in conference games. This is fact.
Is it frustrating to watch your stumble-bums outplay my stumble-bums? Sure.
Butthurt? Nah.
I'll fart around with y'all for another day, laff at your odd circle jerk here on HN, but then I start looking at UNI and fretting about how that game will unfold.

Why????????????

Because we pay a ton of money for parking, for tickets, for concessions, for required donations, and on and on and on. I remember Bowlsby saying this was necessary for Iowa to field a competitive team. And I agree. I'm not saying I have a problem with his salary necessarily. Pay him whatever you want. Pay him a gajillion dollars for all I care. But when the product on the field looks bad, don't tell me salary isn't an issue. Do you guys work for Ferentz or something. Because that's all I can figure. It's the nature of the beast that salary will come up. That's just economics man. Ferentz makes money for the university, but it's our money that they are taking.

Of course, now people will say..."Well, no one is forcing you to pay anything. Don't go to the games if you're gonna be a whiny little *****." And yes, that is definitely an option. Did you see how many Clone fans were in Kinnick today? ISU only gets an allotment of 4000 tickets and there was way more than that there. Remember how things looked inside Kinnick in the late 90's? I don't think Iowa wants to start ******* off their season ticket holders.

Again, I'm not saying I have a problem with his salary. I wouldn't feel any better if he made $400 bucks a week and we were losing to ISU either. But I swear only Iowa fans would say it's not an issue.

Iowa sucks this year. The Clones can celebrate but the barely beat the worst Hawkeye team in 10 years. I think KF has done a ton for Iowa, but maybe his time has past. For $3 million a year, we could get a coach who could do better than 7 -5 year over year with one good season mixed in here and there. Iowa has plenty of resources and should put a better product on the field

Iowa sucks this year. The Clones can celebrate but the barely beat the worst Hawkeye team in 10 years. I think KF has done a ton for Iowa, but maybe his time has past. For $3 million a year, we could get a coach who could do better than 7 -5 year over year with one good season mixed in here and there. Iowa has plenty of resources and should put a better product on the field

Which coach do you recommend we get?

I don't know. I have stuck up for KF, but I'm getting tired of 7-5. I know we've had some great seasons under him, but we seem to be going backwards. I openly admit to overreacting due to alcohol and frustration right now

Which coach do you recommend we get?

Iced Clyde, there are a multitude of sharp, hongry young coaches who would give their left nut for the opportunity to bring their energy and enthusiasm to Kinnick. There is no doubt in my mind that one of these hard chargers would bring the sexy back to Iowa football.
You ever hear of Chip Kelly before he started killing it at Oregon? Dude was the offensive coordinator at New effing Hampshire. Yeah, that's right. And Bellotti recognized his talent, hired him, and boom.
How you like him now?
The list goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iced Clyde, there are a multitude of sharp, hongry young coaches who would give their left nut for the opportunity to bring their energy and enthusiasm to Kinnick. There is no doubt in my mind that one of these hard chargers would bring the sexy back to Iowa football.
You ever hear of Chip Kelly before he started killing it at Oregon? Dude was the head coach at New effing Hampshire. Yeah, that's right.
How you like him now?
The list goes on.

Nevar head of 'em..
Any of 'em...

Dude..........people need to calm down. I agree things are getting a bit stale. But seriously, the too much $ talk needs t stop.

Nevar head of 'em..
Any of 'em...

Dude..........people need to calm down. I agree things are getting a bit stale. But seriously, the too much $ talk needs t stop.

Pat Fitzgerald PWNS Ferrets. If that doesn't chap your azz, then you need to hit your reset button.

We are one successful trip in the red zone (meaning a TD rather than a FG) away from being 2-0 in a suspect year... everybody calm down. Now, if we loose next week I'm jumping off the Burlington street bridge.... and the gawd dam Iowa River is really shallow for those of you from out of town...(Scorp):eek:

Yeah, they might be (probably are) the better program...but I could easily still see us finishing with a better record. I don't think it has anything to do with them not finishing the season, their schedule is just brutal. Luckily, ours is the exact opposite.

The B12 is >> B10 this year and Iowa has the easy part of that weak conference. Not a bash. I understand that it's cyclical but i'd kill for iowa's schedule.

Latest posts