Redshirt Gabe Next Year...... NOT SO FAST!!!

I didn't say I don't like 15, but look at how Iowa defends with him not playing a major role. He has had some decent games, but his numbers are way, way down and he gets a pass for playing hard and has a chip? Whatever.

no one here thinks he should be a starter, so it looks like you're the one with unrealistic expectations. he's a role player. he's not "stealing" anyone's minutes. what's the big deal?

The issue isn't Zack its that there is already a log jam at the 4/5 this year and only so many are going to be able to play. White, Basabe, Woody and Gabe all need to play. Utoff will play allot of 3 so that means White is mostly at the 4 again adding to the log jam.

IMO a ten man rotation has not really helped this year and expanding it next year is only going to be worse.

The only way I can see it as a plus is if Fran decides to press hard all game long.

This all stems from the Oglesby ire. That's all it is.

Not at all actually...I am and have been done with that...different player who hasn't progressed at all and has regressed more than any player in one year than I seen in a long time. He "plays hard and is tough" that isn't enough given the way he shot the ball last year compares to this year.

The 10 man rotation has been awesome. You cannot have too many good players. We have won 20 games so far because of our depth.

The 10 man rotation has been awesome. You cannot have too many good players. We have won 20 games so far because of our depth.

Or missed out on more than 20 wins because of it. You could look at it either way.

We lost allot of close games and having long scoring droughts with starters on the bench sure didn't help.

Not at all actually...I am and have been done with that...different player who hasn't progressed at all and has regressed more than any player in one year than I seen in a long time. He "plays hard and is tough" that isn't enough given the way he shot the ball last year compares to this year.
McCabe is not a good defensive player, this year is not providing much offense either. He's shooting 37% from the floor which is really bad for a front line player. He will get some minutes next year but i hope it isn't many.

I don't know about awesome. We have depth, just lack quality depth. Hopefully that will improve next year.

I didn't say I don't like 15, but look at how Iowa defends with him not playing a major role. He has had some decent games, but his numbers are way, way down and he gets a pass for playing hard and has a chip? Whatever.

Yes, in my estimation he does. And you do realize that maybe the reason his numbers are down might stem from the fact that his minutes are way down.

Or missed out on more than 20 wins because of it. You could look at it either way.

We lost allot of close games and having long scoring droughts with starters on the bench sure didn't help.
They've had long scoring droughts with the starters in the game...this team doesn't have more than 20 because it couldn't close out close games, not because of starter minutes.

They've had long scoring droughts with the starters in the game...this team doesn't have more than 20 because it couldn't close out close games, not because of starter minutes.

Closing out games is a very general idea. Saying you can't close out games could mean many different things. Freethrows, defense, decision making, ball handling rebounding, execution ect. Bad luck has been as big a factor as anything.

Long scoring droughts are something that you can pinpoint and has happened more with the second unit.

Closing out games is a very general idea. Saying you can't close out games could mean many different things. Freethrows, defense, decision making, ball handling rebounding, execution ect. Bad luck has been as big a factor as anything.

Long scoring droughts are something that you can pinpoint and has happened more with the second unit.
If you can pinpoint it you can see that it's happened with all of Iowa's units...and FTs, defense, decision making, ball handling, rebounding, execution etc. in crunch time, when trying to close out...is usually with the starters or "best 5" on the floor...it's only a "very general idea" because it doesn't support you complaining about substitution patterns for some reason.

If you can pinpoint it you can see that it's happened with all of Iowa's units...and FTs, defense, decision making, ball handling, rebounding, execution etc. in crunch time, when trying to close out...is usually with the starters or "best 5" on the floor...it's only a "very general idea" because it doesn't support you complaining about substitution patterns for some reason.

Well said.

I do disagree with the hockey line changes at times, and feel things should be a little more staggered (or at least at certain times). But there are long droughts with a wide range of different lineups.

BOOM!!!

need some H2O for that burn!

Fran makes me mad again (At him) a lot but if you look at our roster top to bottom we don't have a legit go to guy or a guy that can just come down and Kingsbury a 3. When you take these factors into account I am kinda shocked we got to 20 wins. At the end of the day I guarantee we are a top 30 team in the nation it's to bad the committee (not ghost's committee) we won't dance this year.

And for the love of God don't rebuttal with a Fran can't recruit response.

LOL, no its a general idea because that exactly what it is. And its not debatable because you cannot define it as any certain tangible thing.

Also, I was not complaining about substitution patterns but dividing up to few minutes between to many players. Different.

While the scoring droughts happen they happen more often when the better scorers are on the bench.

My argument is that the ten man rotation would be better to be trimmed down to 8 like most other teams do. It lets the players develop more of a rhythm without going to the bench constantly.

Fran makes me mad again (At him) a lot but if you look at our roster top to bottom we don't have a legit go to guy or a guy that can just come down and Kingsbury a 3. When you take these factors into account I am kinda shocked we got to 20 wins. At the end of the day I guarantee we are a top 30 team in the nation it's to bad the committee (not ghost's committee) we won't dance this year.

And for the love of God don't rebuttal with a Fran can't recruit response.

No but we do run plays specifically for the worst percentage shooter in the conference.

Latest posts