Redshirt Gabe Next Year...... NOT SO FAST!!!

The obvious solution in my mind, even though it will offend people, is just stop playing Ogelsby and McCabe.

Its not about being fair to everybody, its about winning.

Agree Its sucks for them but, it needs to be a reality. If they dont take big steps this off season Caff needs to sit them down and say there might not be many minutes for you next season.

The obvious solution in my mind, even though it will offend people, is just stop playing Ogelsby and McCabe.

They are both too good to not play. Yes, I'm serious. McCabe's minutes are already reduced. When he's playing well and not in foul trouble he plays. When he's not playing well or is in foul trouble he doesn't play. Oglesby will lose some minutes unless he gets up around 40% from 3...will play when he's hitting his shots. Jok will be taking his extra minutes so that doesn't work.

One thing is for sure, Gabe's not the wasted scholarships that a lot of people thought he was.

I think McCabe and Josh will see their minutes fall. I'm just not sure it will be in favor of Gabe. Jok and Uthoff will steal some for sure.

saw meyer in aau

ok but wouldn't want him as the backup next year

gabe's mccabe minutes = the time mccabe spent at the 5 this year

utoff takes mccabe minutes at 4

just don't see a lot of zach time next year

I think McCabe and Josh will see their minutes fall. I'm just not sure it will be in favor of Gabe. Jok and Uthoff will steal some for sure.
I think it will be a team deal that they lose there minutes. When you shoot as poor as JO has and you are not as talented as the other guys like Mcabe. There just isnt enough minutes to go around. McCabe and Ogelsbys minutes are going to be shifted around the team next year. I for one will not be dissapointed.

They are both too good to not play. Yes, I'm serious. McCabe's minutes are already reduced. When he's playing well and not in foul trouble he plays. When he's not playing well or is in foul trouble he doesn't play. Oglesby will lose some minutes unless he gets up around 40% from 3...will play when he's hitting his shots. Jok will be taking his extra minutes so that doesn't work.

zm hustles and hits 3s now and then but he's very limited inside in the B1G

there will be more capable options next year

if zm were a hs junior this year,would fran be recruiting him?

think before you answer

I'm glad I don't have to figure out what to do. It's a lot easier for me to speculate than make the actual decision. I doubt he redshirts but I can understand the rationale to it...especially if it's what Gabe wants. Of course Gabe may not want it if he continues to improve and gain confidence heading into next year. I love his game and his attitude...total team player.

think before you answer
No Fran wouldnt be. Hawks are moving forward. Out with the old in with the new.

Fran trusts ZM. He'll always throw Mel in the doghouse periodically and Zach will be there to fill in. Good problems to have next year.

think before you answer

I always think before I answer. I'm not on here looking to pick a fight like some of the other posters.

Now to your question...It can't be answered. Would Basabe be recruited going into next year? I have no idea. One thing I do like about McCabe is he never backs down from a fight. The more physical the game the better is his motto. I do know that both guys came when the program was down and helped to rebuild it. I know we have great team chemistry...coaches and players.

McCabe doesn't start and his minutes are down. I don't see them dropping much more. He has the experience and can handle the physical play. He also helped rebuild the program. This will not be totally dismissed/forgotten by Fran or McCabe's teammates.

i think Ingram is the man out of minutes more so than anyone. look at all the guards/shooters we have. Gesell, Clemmons, Marble, JO, Jok, when is he going to get minutes? his junior year?

ZM also is our only consistent charge- taker. It's a talent/ toughness that will always get him some minutes. He played great today, as all of front line did

i think Ingram is the man out of minutes more so than anyone. look at all the guards/shooters we have. Gesell, Clemmons, Marble, JO, Jok, when is he going to get minutes? his junior year?

I already have Ingram out with a 12 man rotation. I think he is an obvious redshirt next year.

I don't think its as much about how good McCabe is its that the 4 other post players are better and to good to not play.

McCabe is not a bad player but every time he is in at the 4 or 5 its a drop off from the others and already being 2 deep at each position it just doesn't make sense to play him.

Ogelsby has the worst shooting percentage of anyone in the conference, that speaks for itself.

ZM also is our only consistent charge- taker. It's a talent/ toughness that will always get him some minutes. He played great today, as all of front line did

The problem is %50 of the time its called a foul on him. The other 4 can block or alter shots. Teams attack McCabe and he can't block shots so those plays always ends up in a collision.

I doubt it but Fran seems to love McCabe for some reason.

he's tough. and we don't really have many tough guys. getting there though. he's sticking with McCabe and JO. we'll see how much next year.

will also be really telling when we see how next year's recruiting class looks. that should give everyone a good idea on who might be getting looked over for minutes down the road.

Latest posts