Redshirt Gabe Next Year...... NOT SO FAST!!!

Not being a jerk when I say this, but I won't be requiring your conference grades on the players to make any decision about our roster and the value of the individual players. But thanks.

In your estimation, what value does McCabe provide for Iowa?

Iowa misses his shooting from last year, he had become something of a reliable scorer, just not sure what happened this year. That was his biggest value to me, the fact that he made shots...anything else was a bonus.

woody is a classic red-azz (with soft hands and technically sound)

20 pounds and he's going to be a monster
It is fun to think of Woody with another twenty pounds of muscle with that height and the mental toughness he already has. Although Gabe brings shot blocking ability and rebounding to the defense and his explosive dunks are fun to watch, McCabe is clearly the bigger offensive threat with his outside shooting ability. A give and take situation. It was fun though to watch Gabe and Woody playing at the same time.

This. He brings an edge that not many other players on the team have. Woody has it; he gets pushed around at times, but he's far from soft. Basabe has shown a lot more toughness than in his first two years. White could be that kind of player, but I don't think he is right now.

There's a role for McCabe next year, and it's not as a benchwarmer. And I don't think that's a bad thing.

You seriously gotta explain what game(s) you have been watching to suggest White doesnt have an "edge". wow.....

You seriously gotta explain what game(s) you have been watching to suggest White doesnt have an "edge". wow.....

He does play soft at times, IMO. Not just get pushed around, like Woody. He shows a lot of flashes of being that kind of guy, too. But like I said, I don't think he's quite there yet.

He does play soft at times, IMO. Not just get pushed around, like Woody. He shows a lot of flashes of being that kind of guy, too. But like I said, I don't think he's quite there yet.

He doesn't play through contact well and doesn't block out well at times. Your assessment is true.

Right now...Today...Iowa needs to win at least 2 and possibly 3 games next weekend in the BTT. The odds of doing this with a 10 man rotation are much much better than doing it with a 7 or 8 man rotation. It is my hope that we crush NW by halftime and keep everyone in the 20 minute range...for playing time.

This only really helps if you make it to the weekend in the B1G Tourney and even at that point Im not sure how much.

NU and Iowa will be rested heading into Thursday. MSU will be more rested than the Hawks on Friday if Iowa wins Thursday night.

The deep rotation really shouldnt pay that big of dividends, IMO.

This only really helps if you make it to the weekend in the B1G Tourney and even at that point Im not sure how much.

NU and Iowa will be rested heading into Thursday. MSU will be more rested than the Hawks on Friday if Iowa wins Thursday night.

The deep rotation really shouldnt pay that big of dividends, IMO.

I think it even helps in a single game format...like Nebraska this weekend. We wore them down. I strongly feel a 9 or 10 man rotation is a huge advantage when playing on consecutive days.

I also believe any team that wins on Thursday has an advantage on Friday. The nerves are gone. They have a win. They have played a game on the court. They are still fresh...especially with a deep rotation. We just aren't going to agree on the depth issue and that's fine.

Latest posts