Recruiting Roundup

So according to 247 2018 team recruiting rankings, we are 38th. We could potentially move up too. So not bad.
Iowa State is 55th, yet I hear plenty of Clone fans saying that their new coach is out recruiting us. I must be missing something.

Someone is missing something, but it's not you, and that something is a clue.

Well that ranking should go up... Michigan offering VanSumeren should bump him to a 5*, but will go back to 3* when he signs with Iowa Wednesday.

Coach sounds like he doesn't like that Iowa sees him as a linebacker and things he should be on offense.

Coach sounds like he doesn't like that Iowa sees him as a linebacker and things he should be on offense.

Yeah after reading that it sounds like he is going to be tough to hold on to... Especially if he is taking an official visit this weekend!?!?

Utah QB Zachary Wilson just told me that he will be officially visiting Iowa this weekend. Expected to be in town tomorrow.

You have been one busy guy as of late. The dominoes are falling rapidly with the clock ticking. Thanks for your efforts for those of us crazy enough to follow this stuff.

This is what VanSumeren told me after Iowa offered. Who knows:

Iowa stepped forward with a scholarship offer last week. The Hawkeyes see him as a linebacker. He likes the idea.

“I love playing football. I just love playing football, flying around and hitting kids. I feel like linebacker is going to give me a great opportunity to do that,” VanSumeren told HN.

LINK

So, once again, the booger-eating Harbaugh is trolling our recruits and trying to steal one at the last minute.

VanSumeren is almost certainly gone. Harbaugh is now slobbering all over him after recently losing a recruit to ND (interesting that the article didn't mention that...), and will dazzle him with the thought of being an offensive juggernaut.

You wish kids and parents would see through Harbaugh's disingenuous superficial nature, but, unfortunately, it almost never happens. Sucks too. I had VanSumeren picked as my most underrated recruit this cycle.

Harbaugh has 4 and 5 star kids all over the field yet Michigan's offense has continually been average under his leadership. Harbaugh being able to tell someone they will be an offensive juggernaut with a straight face is laughable but completely in the realm of possibility with him. We were all disappointed in Iowa's offense this season (specifically NW, Mich St and Purdue) but we were still nearly 3 points better per game in 2017 than Michigan with a first year offensive coordinator.

Granted, this is all null and void if we see Ben as a LB and Michigan wants him on offense and he wants to play offense.

Used to when you saw those winged helmets you were intimidated. These days nobody fears those winged helmets. Go to Michigan and gobble up all the hype. Hope you enjoy your time their because bottom line is you still won't win the east or beat OSU.

Latest posts