Recruiting Roundup

first come, first served..........need to build a fortress around him now for a few days. Time to visit the upcoming rules..................

Recruiting is now in a contact period, which means college coaches can have one-on-one contact with a recruit and his family on or away from a college campus from Nov. 26 through Dec. 16.

On Dec. 17, a quiet period kicks in and in-person contact is allowed only on the college campus.

The following day is the start of a dead period and it is the most stringent of all as no in-person contact can take place on or off a college campus.

Just as it is with a quiet period, coaches can send letters, emails, text messages, direct messages through social media, and call prospective recruits. That runs from Dec. 18 through Jan. 11

I don't think things are done with yet. Remember when ISM said he was committed to Minnesota, we flipped him. There is still something cooking here.

Called it.

Great job by the coaches here. Identifying him, going outside our normal recruiting areas, and actually getting him.

Called it.

Great job by the coaches here. Identifying him, going outside our normal recruiting areas, and actually getting him.
Hope he's good. Although he may be behind Mansell for awhile I'm pretty high on him.
That said I kinda thought the Wilson kid may have been a better fit for us then Petras. But don't matter now.

I wonder if Harbaugh will tell Ben, "We really wanted Tommy Tremble, but he commited to Notre Dame, so we called you as our back-up plan. Congratulations."

Iowa was in early on Stepp but he grabbed the ND offer and committed quickly.

Here's a story I wrote after Iowa offered: LINK

Indiana just flipped a similar style RB as Stepp from Rutgers today. Indiana might be one less competitor for his services.

Yeah, thinking we might lose BVS. Kind of sucks, but he is a Michigan kid and his mom is a Michigan alum.

I can't blame him if he does I guess. Also doesn't mean that I don't wish that Mich would get the Oliver Martin treatment that the Hawks got last yr....in too late on me, take a hike.

Hey Rob - heard some rumblings about a 4* receiver that is committing...any word on your end about that? Who would it be? David Bell hopefully? I thought he was an OSU lean but would certainly love to have him.

Hey Rob - heard some rumblings about a 4* receiver that is committing...any word on your end about that? Who would it be? David Bell hopefully? I thought he was an OSU lean but would certainly love to have him.

You're not referring to Calvin Lockett (a 3-star) who committed last night, are you? Hope not. We'll take another WR!

You're not referring to Calvin Lockett (a 3-star) who committed last night, are you? Hope not. We'll take another WR!

I don't think they were talking about him since he has never been a 4* but I could be wrong....I'm with you, hope they weren't talking Lockett (although he's a nice pickup)

I haven't heard anything but things are moving pretty fast right now. I don't think Bell is ready to commit anywhere at the moment. He can afford to take his time.

Thanks for all the coverage, Rob!

All of this excitement in December is weird and foreign, but welcomed. I feel an early signing period works in our favor.

Latest posts