Recruiting Roundup

Don't have any idea but why not Kevin Doyle (MI verbal '18)........a name Iowa chased and offered early when Chris White was still around. He's now part of the log jam at QB with Michigan since they took the 5 star Mississippi transfer earlier this week.
I doubt Iowa will throw it's hat back in the ring, but I was thinking the exact same thing last night. Hard to believe that he's that enthused about Michigan right now, and he's a very solid prospect. Maybe we could have Luka Garza give him a call...

Our new 4th down option......run, throw, or punt. Sounds like a 2 for 1 deal to me. Sign'm up.

"If his arm doesn’t get him on the field right away, he can use his leg, too. Wilson can punt a ball 50 yards seemingly as easily as he can flick one that far through the air."

Salt Lake City Trib 10/2017

Our new 4th down option......run, throw, or punt. Sounds like a 2 for 1 deal to me. Sign'm up.

"If his arm doesn’t get him on the field right away, he can use his leg, too. Wilson can punt a ball 50 yards seemingly as easily as he can flick one that far through the air."

Salt Lake City Trib 10/2017
Sounds like a qb we have on the team currently but they aren't willing to let him punt.

Now that Lockett is aboard we need to get the following:

LB - Honas
RB - Stepp
DB - Craddieth
QB - Petras/Wilson
WR - Stoops

If history is our guide, we will strike out on half these guys at least. I'm confident in Stoops, the rest we have stiff competition (Honas - KState and late Nebby offer), (Stepp - USC, and all sorts of teams), Craddieth (Wisconsin back in on him, Nebby), (Petras - Oregon St. and getting in late on him).

Now that Lockett is aboard we need to get the following:

LB - Honas
RB - Stepp
DB - Craddieth
QB - Petras/Wilson
WR - Stoops

If history is our guide, we will strike out on half these guys at least. I'm confident in Stoops, the rest we have stiff competition (Honas - KState and late Nebby offer), (Stepp - USC, and all sorts of teams), Craddieth (Wisconsin back in on him, Nebby), (Petras - Oregon St. and getting in late on him).

Honas is officially visiting Nebraska this weekend. Stepp is at Louisville. Craddieth is at Illinois. Petras has gone silent. I can't get anything out of Wilson or his coach. I don't have a feel for Stoops, even after speaking with him. I think he might be an Oklahoma lean, but that's just a gut feeling.

I've reached out to Ben to try to confirm this tweet and if so what it means for his recruitment:

Of course. From watching film, he's the guy in this class, committed or not, that I'm the most excited about. Crap.

I heard back from Ben. He said he's still solidly committed to Iowa. We shall see if that holds up.
I heard Michigan actually is recruiting him as a fullback. If that's the case, I'm not worried. You don't recruit guys to fullback, you put them there when they can't cut it at linebacker.

What talented kid in their right mind goes somewhere in order to play fullback?!

So according to 247 2018 team recruiting rankings, we are 38th. We could potentially move up too. So not bad.
Iowa State is 55th, yet I hear plenty of Clone fans saying that their new coach is out recruiting us. I must be missing something.

Latest posts