Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

It's not going to last long. It's only a matter of time before there recruiting pushes them above.

Truth is, they're starting to turn recruits heads and get them to commit to Lincoln.. while Iowa is struggling pretty badly even getting a recruit that's a mid-lower tier player to even visit.

I'll believe it when they actually do it. Nebraska has DESTROYED Iowa in recruiting rating for the last 15 years......but they are behind Iowa in winning %, conference titles, and BCS bowl appearance over the last 15 years.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! This has been why I've said for months Martin isn't coming. Dad is too involved.
If the parent is involved to help in the scheduling and logistics, that's one thing, but if he's involved in the steering of the kid, that's when it seems to become a problem. Maybe some programs don't want the potential headache. Hey, it's a parent's prerogative, and far be it from me to tell what a parent can and can't do (particularly in this day when there are so many situations where there parents are not even around), just anecdotal history of over-involved parents seem to not go well, for the kid.

Since they joined the B1G they have beat us in seasonal wins every year but one, including this year. And as far as finishing behind us in conference wins, that has also happened once. 3-3 against them straight up.

Nebraska came into the B1G and won the division. In its second year. Since then they have fallen behind Iowa and Sconnie. Nebraska is behind both Wisconsin and Iowa in winning % over the last 4 years.

Don't have any inside info but just watching the video the kid looks pretty frustrated so makes me wonder if his dad is really in control and not him.

Just watched and read the piece on Oliver Martin. The kid doesn't seem to be enjoying the recruiting process. Talked about how it changed his life for the worst because he doesn't get any down time with his friends. Specifically says his Dad schedules all the visits. I imagine this is why you have seen more than once a school think they are getting a visit from Martin only to not get one in the end. his Dad must tell the school they will visit and Oliver must then later tell them he isn't going to. Very strange. Let the kid be a kid. Seems to me like he would have already picked Iowa by now if not for his Dad.
That's messed up... Less parental involvement the better... It may have just started out that he was having him help out at first before his recruitment mushroomed into what it has and now here we are. It's too bad he couldn't have just made up his mind earlier and it'd get the weight of the world off his shoulders. Michigan it seems like would be a place to go for him if he just wanted to be the 3rd banana maybe/probably redshirt and just float below the radar. That might be what he's looking for. He might not want to have the limelight of being a savior/hometown hero if he were to stay home.. Hard telling what goes on in is head that's for sure.

I was looking at some videos and pictures on the internet and it does appear he is under some kind of hypnosis or mind control. I have seen this kind of behavior before and all of the tell tale signs are there.

Nebraska picked up a commit from a 4* WR from California today and we can't even pick up a recruit who's decommitted from Rutgers, Minnesota, or a MAC team.

Things are great in Iowa City.
I'm not saying things are totally falling apart or anything, but it is odd how many people are acting like there's nothing wrong with Iowa's recruiting.

I would bet Bryan is as good as Iowa's. I bet they also pick up Stone, Nixon, Wieland, Smith Marsette and Creamer and have no idea about Martin and read Rafdal is down to Iowa and Nebraska.

Since they joined the B1G they have beat us in seasonal wins every year but one, including this year. And as far as finishing behind us in conference wins, that has also happened once. 3-3 against them straight up.

Over the last 4 games vs. Nebraska, Iowa has...
  • trailed for 4% of the game time
  • been tied for 27% of the game time
  • led for 68% of the game time
  • led by at least 2 scores for 49% of the game time

Nebraska picked up a commit from a 4* WR from California today and we can't even pick up a recruit who's decommitted from Rutgers, Minnesota, or a MAC team.

Things are great in Iowa City.
They now have FOUR 4* WR recruits. Now we know why coach multiple-DUI was kept on staff.

Reactions: DJL
Nebraska came into the B1G and won the division. In its second year. Since then they have fallen behind Iowa and Sconnie. Nebraska is behind both Wisconsin and Iowa in winning % over the last 4 years.

Look at Nebraska's incoming class. They will get their defense turned around with Diacco there. Look out when they do because they have some talent coming in.

I would bet Bryan is as good as Iowa's. I bet they also pick up Stone, Nixon, Wieland, Smith Marsette and Creamer and have no idea about Martin and read Rafdal is down to Iowa and Nebraska.

If we could lock in Bryan, Stone, Nixon, Wieland, ISM, Creamer and then Martin or Rafdal (preferably Martin), I would consider it a huge success. My guess is we don't get all of those on board though. Hope I'm wrong.

If we could lock in Bryan, Stone, Nixon, Wieland, ISM, Creamer and then Martin or Rafdal (preferably Martin), I would consider it a huge success. My guess is we don't get all of those on board though. Hope I'm wrong.
I'd say that'd be the pie in the sky best case scenario now too... Crossing fingers but I'm not letting myself get fooled by Lucy pulling the football from me either.

People have very low expectations around here. They blindly accept the bullshit KF puts out. He's brainwashed everyone into accepting the "we're just lowly Iowa bullshit." That works great for getting lowly rated recruits and finishing 12th in the B1G in recruiting. If we're just lowly Iowa, then why pay top ten pay? Why do we have some of the best facilities in the nation? KF is a joke. All about lining his pockets and those of his family. To those that think 8 wins is something to brag about, its not. 4 cupcake wins in the non conference, then go a measly .500 in a crap division in a crap conference. Total joke.

Damn man take your Xanax or go root for Alabama. Crap division? No. Crap conference? No. We can't win 4 games out of conference since we only play 3. I don't think anyone is happy or satisfied with 12th place recruiting classes, but I think most are at least trying to find some positives.

Look at Nebraska's incoming class. They will get their defense turned around with Diacco there. Look out when they do because they have some talent coming in.

Good Lord some of you are just absolutely clueless. I'll believe Nebraska 20 some ranked recruiting class this year is going to vault them to some new heights, when it actually happens.

'17 23rd currently
'16 26th
'15 28th
'14 32nd
'13 17th
'12 26th
'11 15th
'10 23rd
'09 30th
'08 30th
'07 14th
'06 23rd
'05 5th

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about Martin's father.

That being said, I hope the coaches, specifically KF, are working on the father very, very hard. Sounds like he may be more of an issue than the kid.

Good Lord some of you are just absolutely clueless. I'll believe Nebraska 20 some ranked recruiting class this year is going to vault them to some new heights, when it actually happens.

'17 23rd currently
'16 26th
'15 28th
'14 32nd
'13 17th
'12 26th
'11 15th
'10 23rd
'09 30th
'08 30th
'07 14th
'06 23rd
'05 5th

Nice stat. Shows you how accurate the recruiting rankings are.

Latest posts