Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

Interesting that Iowa couldn't get Jafar Armstrong to visit yet he visited Minnesota last weekend and Notre Dame this weekend.

It appears ND and MSU will likely be getting WR commits this weekend which could take them out of it for Martin making it a Iowa - Michigan battle. On TOS there is speculation Martin's dad is driving his recruitment.
I think Armstrong was a bit of a pipe dream anyway. I saw nothing indicating he was ever seriously interested in Iowa.

Michigan just can't get enough of Iowa wr's. They really don't need OM but they don't want MSU or OSU to get him. Sure hope OM understands that and stays home. Just how many recruits can Michigan grab. They are reminding me of the fuskers of old.

Make fun of a punter all you want, but Coluzzi's punt against Michigan changed that game. It's important
Coluzzi was a difference maker last season and if this punter and kicker are as good, then it's worth it to get them on board now. Remember the 20-30 yard misses we had last year from our kicker and missed extra points? That cost us momentum countless times. We had a punter that was as good as we have had in a while and will be in the NFL soon in Coluzzi.

I've had ironclad information in this thread regarding the status of the recruits in this class. Not much has changed from what I said at the beginning of the week, however, per my sources I will give you the likelihood of the finish to the class:

DB - Geno Stone
P - Ryan Gersonde
LB - Nate Wieland
DT - Daviyon Nixon
RB - Kyshaun Bryant
ATH - Alphonso Soko

Provided Iowa does miss out on Martin, Marsette, and Van Dyne (very likely they will), we may see some names emerge. Personally, I'd like to see ole' Kade Warner get an offer.

I've had ironclad information in this thread regarding the status of the recruits in this class. Not much has changed from what I said at the beginning of the week, however, per my sources I will give you the likelihood of the finish to the class:

DB - Geno Stone
P - Ryan Gersonde
LB - Nate Wieland
DT - Daviyon Nixon
RB - Kyshaun Bryant
ATH - Alphonso Soko

Provided Iowa does miss out on Martin, Marsette, and Van Dyne (very likely they will), we may see some names emerge. Personally, I'd like to see ole' Kade Warner get an offer.

From what I have read on this site about each of those names, I can talk myself into getting excited about their potential. But to miss out on that many of your top WR targets is incredibly disappointing. The staff will need to do SOMETHING this coming season to convince WRs that Iowa has something to offer them.

Nebraska picked up a commit from a 4* WR from California today and we can't even pick up a recruit who's decommitted from Rutgers, Minnesota, or a MAC team.

Things are great in Iowa City.

Nebraska picked up a commit from a 4* WR from California today and we can't even pick up a recruit who's decommitted from Rutgers, Minnesota, or a MAC team.

Things are great in Iowa City.

They will keep getting 4* kids and we will keep beating them like a drum on the field. They will also continue to play 2nd and 3rd fiddle to Wisconsin and Iowa in the B1G West.

Interesting that Iowa couldn't get Jafar Armstrong to visit yet he visited Minnesota last weekend and Notre Dame this weekend.

It appears ND and MSU will likely be getting WR commits this weekend which could take them out of it for Martin making it a Iowa - Michigan battle. On TOS there is speculation Martin's dad is driving his recruitment.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! This has been why I've said for months Martin isn't coming. Dad is too involved.

They will keep getting 4* kids and we will keep beating them like a drum on the field. They will also continue to play 2nd and 3rd fiddle to Wisconsin and Iowa in the B1G West.
It's not going to last long. It's only a matter of time before there recruiting pushes them above.

Truth is, they're starting to turn recruits heads and get them to commit to Lincoln.. while Iowa is struggling pretty badly even getting a recruit that's a mid-lower tier player to even visit.

It's not going to last long. It's only a matter of time before there recruiting pushes them above.

Truth is, they're starting to turn recruits heads and get them to commit to Lincoln.. while Iowa is struggling pretty badly even getting a recruit that's a mid-lower tier player to even visit.

They have always gotten those recruits.

A fusker fan described their football as a finesse team ( milk and cookies ) playing in a beer and pretzel world. I thought he nailed it pretty good. There line play is pretty weak.

Remember the 20-30 yard misses we had last year from our kicker and missed extra points? That cost us momentum countless times. We had a punter that was as good as we have had in a while and will be in the NFL soon in Coluzzi.

He didn't miss any from 20-30 yards and missed only one extra point that I believe was blocked.

DB - Geno Stone
P - Ryan Gersonde
LB - Nate Wieland
DT - Daviyon Nixon
RB - Kyshaun Bryant
ATH - Alphonso Soko

I've heard good things about the Soko kid. Will he end up a RB or DB you think? I kinda thought after Eno jumped he would be more then just on the radar but have gotten an offer by now. Is he just too small/slow?
I'm kinda holding out hope on Kade Warner coming on too but I don't know if he has any offers from other schools or not. It seems like Iowa would be happy if he'd walk on....

Don't discount the Diaco hire, either. I'm not happy about that, at all. They'll be switching to a 3-4, which we seem to have trouble with.

Just watched and read the piece on Oliver Martin. The kid doesn't seem to be enjoying the recruiting process. Talked about how it changed his life for the worst because he doesn't get any down time with his friends. Specifically says his Dad schedules all the visits. I imagine this is why you have seen more than once a school think they are getting a visit from Martin only to not get one in the end. his Dad must tell the school they will visit and Oliver must then later tell them he isn't going to. Very strange. Let the kid be a kid. Seems to me like he would have already picked Iowa by now if not for his Dad.

Since they joined the B1G they have beat us in seasonal wins every year but one, including this year. And as far as finishing behind us in conference wins, that has also happened once. 3-3 against them straight up.

Latest posts