Proctor

True KF is as stubborn as it gets on some things. But he can't pull this kids scholly over this. If he was a 2 star WR juco transfer then sure KF would probably yank his offer. But he's not going to encourage this kid to go go someplace else. I'd be shocked if he did anything of the sort. If he says he can't find a way to match the $ or whatever then it is what it is. Maybe the kid would give a hometown discount but what would that even be?
Watch for and you will see.

Watch for and you will see.
I'll gladly eat crow if that happens. If Proctor comes out and says as much I'll have to. How do you think that'll go over with the fanbase if we we lose him because KF was mad he took the visit without communicating with them prior? (not even factoring in NIL)

If you think folks are fired up over all things BF let him try that.

True KF is as stubborn as it gets on some things. But he can't pull this kids scholly over this. If he was a 2 star WR juco transfer then sure KF would probably yank his offer. But he's not going to encourage this kid to go go someplace else. I'd be shocked if he did anything of the sort. If he says he can't find a way to match the $ or whatever then it is what it is. Maybe the kid would give a hometown discount but what would that even be?
That is the whole point of this. There is no scholly to pull at this point. Proctor never signed on the line. All you have at this point with players in the '23 class is a gentleman's handshake which isn't worth a shit.

I agree. Doesn't look good. Two things could happen. 1) He's already checked out and notifying the coaches. 2) Caught Iowa coaches off guard. They are pissed and the bridge is broken. They don't like and move on.

Both bad.

It certainly seems a betrayal and somewhat unethical

Come on in

The Water's fine

scrooge mcduck diving in a pool of money gifs | WiffleGif

That is the whole point of this. There is no scholly to pull at this point. Proctor never signed on the line. All you have at this point with players in the '23 class is a gentleman's handshake which isn't worth a shit.
Signed or not LOIs aren't worth the ink they are printed on either. Kids are yr to yr FAs with how the portal is too.

I'm with you, NOBODY watches it. We hear tidbits from the media or coverage from time-to-time, but the PAC 12 is not really followed. The games are on at odd times and the TV deals sucks.

Why go play out there if you can play in the BIG 10 where the conference is seen and prob the 2nd best conference in the nation, but prob the first for TV and organization as a conference. Why not play for Iowa who is certainly going to put you in the NFL and family can be 2 hrs from Kinnick to go to games.

He can make whatever choice he wants, but do it sensibly.

I've watched him and a part of me thinks he gives up after his first block on plays. He could easily pancake his assignment and get downfield 10-15 blocking another, but most times I haven't seen that. I question if the Oregon with their offensive style is going to match well with his blocking style and pace. But, I digress.
Although valid, none of your points for Iowa matter anymore in the NIL / Transfer world.
Its all about the money.

Nwankpa next up…
The difference there is we know Phil is go8ng to be here next year - his position coach and his coordinator.

Iowa fans are vocal about getting rid of Barnett and BF - Proctor's position coach and coordinator.

Also Iowa D > Iowa O.

Signed or not LOIs aren't worth the ink they are printed on either. Kids are yr to yr FAs with how the portal is too.

I'm not sure how it works if say a 23' player signs this spring than decides to transfer prior to the fall. Not sure how that is but doubt that would ever happen much. Most players that sign are gunna at least play one year. So, it kind of is a little more binding than just a verbal "Yea, I'll go to Iowa".

Im afraid this is a sign of things to come.
Iowa may not be able to compete for the occasional 4 or 5 star recruits we landed in the past.

The words, "NIL is the factor" is all anyone needs to know.

And to be totally honest, do you really want a dude on your team that's 100% for himself and no team attitude at all? He would only be here 2 years anyway, and it's not like with a world-beater O-lineman that we were gonna win a bunch more games. To make a big difference you need an entire line that's really good, not just one guy.

And let's not act like Ross Piersbacher set the world on fire after not playing here. He turned into a practice squad hero and I'd take 1,000 Linderbaums over him. Same with Proctor.
I think having a super talented O lineman is incredibly relevant to Iowa's success. Have you seen our line?

If a team can go from 10 wins to more than 10 wins in a year, for example, that matters. Last year, Iowa was blown up by future NFL DEs (Purdue, Michigan) and it definitely mattered. Superstar-level tackles would help in situations like this. Same with that Herbig guy last week. He's a wrecking ball!

Latest posts