Proctor

The words, "NIL is the factor" is all anyone needs to know.

And to be totally honest, do you really want a dude on your team that's 100% for himself and no team attitude at all? He would only be here 2 years anyway, and it's not like with a world-beater O-lineman that we were gonna win a bunch more games. To make a big difference you need an entire line that's really good, not just one guy.

And let's not act like Ross Piersbacher set the world on fire after not playing here. He turned into a practice squad hero and I'd take 1,000 Linderbaums over him. Same with Proctor.

Pierschbacher is a good example why Proctor needs to cash in while he can, NFL money is no guarantee. I don't think this makes Proctor out to be a bad person or not a team player. I think his heart is why he committed to Iowa in the first place.

Ross hasnt had much of an NFL career so I understand NIL and do not blame anyone for NIL decisions in 2022.

But don't dish on Ross, he set an Alabama record for 57 consecutive starts, he was 1st team ALL SEC twice, 2nd team once. And he also won 2 national titles. I think he made the right decision, IMO.

Just FYI from the doubters, I messaged an Iowa media member (probably the most well-known one), asking when/if someone from Iowa media was going to get in touch with Proctor. The response I got was that he's not talking to media and will be speaking with Iowa coaches tonight (11/15). Said NIL is the factor.

Iowa coaches were not informed that he was going and found out the same way we did, via social media and media reports.

Believe it or not, don't come at me on whether it's true or not, I give zero shits if anyone believes me.
Can only imagine KFz's response to "I need more money". IF...that were to be what happens.

Ross hasnt had much of an NFL career so I understand NIL and do not blame anyone for NIL decisions in 2022.

But don't dish on Ross, he set an Alabama record for 57 consecutive starts, he was 1st team ALL SEC twice, 2nd team once. And he also won 2 national titles. I think he made the right decision, IMO.

and he is still being paid to play football.

To the best of my knowledge Kirk's recruiting policy hasn't changed as it applies to KP's situation. Anyone know any different? Pretty similar to the Eno Benjamin situation. IF Iowa hasn't been informed of his visit prior then will be interesting to see if Kirk's policy will change. Many have been critical of Kirk's "old world" approach. I did read an old article that had Tom Kakert believing if there were a change to his policy it likely wouldn't be announced.

Drama on top of drama.

Can only imagine KFz's response to "I need more money". IF...that were to be what happens.
I don't personally care whether he stays or leaves because I've never felt like he was committed anyway, but to your point, Kirk better get in the habit of making some donor phone calls when these things pop up because it's going to keep happening.

From today's KF PC

Q. Recruiting has changed so much in the last five, 10 years. How are you guys approaching now with recruits who might be committed to take visits elsewhere?

COACH FERENTZ: Our guys?

Q. Yes.

COACH FERENTZ: There were different cases, individual case. And just weigh it all out. And ultimately prospects have all the rights, we have none. It's kind of like the new world.

A guy could be committed to us, and we've already experienced that with one member of this class. We chose to take one player at his position; that was his preference. And he pulled the plug, had a change of heart whenever it was. So you move on. You move on.

Bottom line is we're not -- I don't think the fate of our program is hinging on one person's decision. We'll try to recruit around whatever happens, like you would with an injury, and go from there.

To the point of recruiting changing, most interesting point about Cooper in my opinion, in this day where there are no secrets, everybody's got video. In the old days you could hide guys out. He might lose -- not lose, but misplace a film so the coach can't get it back and share with somebody else. But those days are gone like the past 30 years. That's the amazing thing. Nobody really tended to attract any attention.

Just FYI from the doubters, I messaged an Iowa media member (probably the most well-known one), asking when/if someone from Iowa media was going to get in touch with Proctor. The response I got was that he's not talking to media and will be speaking with Iowa coaches tonight (11/15). Said NIL is the factor.

Iowa coaches were not informed that he was going and found out the same way we did, via social media and media reports.

Believe it or not, don't come at me on whether it's true or not, I give zero shits if anyone believes me.

I didn't get a DM from you.

Signed,
Most Well-Known Iowa Media Member

From today's KF PC

Q. Recruiting has changed so much in the last five, 10 years. How are you guys approaching now with recruits who might be committed to take visits elsewhere?

COACH FERENTZ: Our guys?

Q. Yes.

COACH FERENTZ: There were different cases, individual case. And just weigh it all out. And ultimately prospects have all the rights, we have none. It's kind of like the new world.

A guy could be committed to us, and we've already experienced that with one member of this class. We chose to take one player at his position; that was his preference. And he pulled the plug, had a change of heart whenever it was. So you move on. You move on.

Bottom line is we're not -- I don't think the fate of our program is hinging on one person's decision. We'll try to recruit around whatever happens, like you would with an injury, and go from there.

To the point of recruiting changing, most interesting point about Cooper in my opinion, in this day where there are no secrets, everybody's got video. In the old days you could hide guys out. He might lose -- not lose, but misplace a film so the coach can't get it back and share with somebody else. But those days are gone like the past 30 years. That's the amazing thing. Nobody really tended to attract any attention.

I don't personally care whether he stays or leaves because I've never felt like he was committed anyway, but to your point, Kirk better get in the habit of making some donor phone calls when these things pop up because it's going to keep happening.
What is your definition of committed?

Based on the press conference Q & A, my question to Kirk would now be "so are you actively trying to retain him?"

Who is Cooper?

"Committments" mean nothing until the LOI is signed and sealed.

"Committments" mean nothing until the LOI is signed and sealed.
Yet even then... With the portal how it is all these dudes are FAs on yr to yr deals. Till any kid is swarming out of the tunnel on game day week 1 they are up in the air as far as I'm concerned

I have some fantastic recipes. I've gotten quite adept at eating it.
I’ve literally eaten crow before. To be honest it’s not much different than pheasant.

I don’t know if that means crow is tolerable or pheasant is gross, that’s probably up to the individual.

Based on the press conference Q & A, my question to Kirk would now be "so are you actively trying to retain him?"
He said they’re moving on. I took that to mean he’s just gonna deal with it and look for someone else.

Latest posts