Proctor

He said they’re moving on. I took that to mean he’s just gonna deal with it and look for someone else.
Yeah, I would take it the same way but I hope the door is still open for him if this is where he wants to be after this excursion.

Just FYI from the doubters, I messaged an Iowa media member (probably the most well-known one), asking when/if someone from Iowa media was going to get in touch with Proctor. The response I got was that he's not talking to media and will be speaking with Iowa coaches tonight (11/15). Said NIL is the factor.

Iowa coaches were not informed that he was going and found out the same way we did, via social media and media reports.

Believe it or not, don't come at me on whether it's true or not, I give zero shits if anyone believes me.
If NIL is a factor even though he earlier said it wasn’t…..he gone!

The words, "NIL is the factor" is all anyone needs to know.

And to be totally honest, do you really want a dude on your team that's 100% for himself and no team attitude at all? He would only be here 2 years anyway, and it's not like with a world-beater O-lineman that we were gonna win a bunch more games. To make a big difference you need an entire line that's really good, not just one guy.

And let's not act like Ross Piersbacher set the world on fire after not playing here. He turned into a practice squad hero and I'd take 1,000 Linderbaums over him. Same with Proctor.
Good stuff, Fry.

He said they’re moving on. I took that to mean he’s just gonna deal with it and look for someone else.

Wasn't that in regard to the RB they lost, though? He was talking about only taking one player at a position, and then the committed player changed his mind...I assumed that had to be the RB.

My guess is they keep recruiting Proctor, even if it's a lost cause, because he could be so impactful, and I think the optics are bad if you just give up on the kid. Better to fight and lose than to surrender.

Any Iowa fan can say they don't care if Proctor comes to Iowa or never steps foot on campus, but given the state of Iowa's O-line talent, if you care about Hawkeye wins and losses, you should care if he comes.
I care but it’s out of our control. He’s a huge loss as he could have helped the line next year.

Somewhat disappointing

However, cannot blame him for starting practice with a cool million in the bank

Setting his family and himself up quite nicely

This Nil thing is cancer on college sports

Hawk football seems to rely on native Iowans

Which is what makes them somewhat special in my opinion

Perhaps Proctor would be somewhat of a fool to not take the Bucks

Somewhat disappointing

However, cannot blame him for starting practice with a cool million in the bank

Setting his family and himself up quite nicely

This Nil thing is cancer on college sports

Hawk football seems to rely on native Iowans

Which is what makes them somewhat special in my opinion

Perhaps Proctor would be somewhat of a fool to not take the Bucks
Yeah ya just never know. If he stays healthy and is dominant and has a long NFL career whatever $ he makes in NIL will be chump change to him down the road. But if he gets nicked up or seriously hurt and doesn't play well he may not have a much of an NFL career that NIL $ could be significant. Not being able to predict ones future is why most will lean that way to get what you can when you can no matter who you are. Tomorrows not promised

Any Iowa fan can say they don't care if Proctor comes to Iowa or never steps foot on campus, but given the state of Iowa's O-line talent, if you care about Hawkeye wins and losses, you should care if he comes.

I agree, it sucks to lose such a great talent. It also makes a very good class a mediocre one.

Seriously, no one cares about the pac 12. He’s not going there and if he does he will crawl back in his knees as that conference is over.
I'm with you, NOBODY watches it. We hear tidbits from the media or coverage from time-to-time, but the PAC 12 is not really followed. The games are on at odd times and the TV deals sucks.

Why go play out there if you can play in the BIG 10 where the conference is seen and prob the 2nd best conference in the nation, but prob the first for TV and organization as a conference. Why not play for Iowa who is certainly going to put you in the NFL and family can be 2 hrs from Kinnick to go to games.

He can make whatever choice he wants, but do it sensibly.

I've watched him and a part of me thinks he gives up after his first block on plays. He could easily pancake his assignment and get downfield 10-15 blocking another, but most times I haven't seen that. I question if the Oregon with their offensive style is going to match well with his blocking style and pace. But, I digress.

Last edited:
That 2nd sentence is troubling... That means he didn't WANT them to know. That's a shady move. Only one reason to do it that way and not tell Iowa staff ahead of time...

How long has he been taking calls/texts emails from Oregon/other schools? Can't be kinda committed to someplace anymore then you can be kinda pregnant. Tea leaves are blowing the wrong direction folks. That's all I know

I agree. Doesn't look good. Two things could happen. 1) He's already checked out and notifying the coaches. 2) Caught Iowa coaches off guard. They are pissed and the bridge is broken. They don't like and move on.

Both bad.

And to be totally honest, do you really want a dude on your team that's 100% for himself and no team attitude at all? He would only be here 2 years anyway, and it's not like with a world-beater O-lineman that we were gonna win a bunch more games. To make a big difference you need an entire line that's really good, not just one guy.

And let's not act like Ross Piersbacher set the world on fire after not playing here. He turned into a practice squad hero and I'd take 1,000 Linderbaums over him. Same with Proctor.

10 years ago I'd be with you and say no, I would not. But, in the past couple years I'd say the Iowa staff HAS GOT TO adjust and be a bit more flexible and continue to recruit. They can't afford to have their hard fast threshold rules like they have in the past. They have to know how to manage the NIL and recruiting.

I would settle for about 7 linderbaums- all on the line at one time...........

Maybe he'll still come here, I'm just saying It's not the end of the world if he doesn't. B1G defenses are good enough that one star lineman among 4 other ho hum lineman isn't going to make a huge difference.

I agree. Doesn't look good. Two things could happen. 1) He's already checked out and notifying the coaches. 2) Caught Iowa coaches off guard. They are pissed and the bridge is broken. They don't like and move on.

Both bad.
In regards to this part I think with Proctor being such a monster 5 star talent that the coaches would overlook that and still want to keep him. I mean look at what our roster currently is we need him on multiple different levels none more importantly then on the field right away next yr. The kid would have to do more then this to have coaches pull his offer. I feel like it's 100% Proctors decision on what he wants to do. If he's changed his mind in regards to NIL that's well within his prerogative. It'd just suck because I can't see Iowa matching (or wanting to anyway) whatever Oregon could throw at him

In regards to this part I think with Proctor being such a monster 5 star talent that the coaches would overlook that and still want to keep him. I mean look at what our roster currently is we need him on multiple different levels none more importantly then on the field right away next yr. The kid would have to do more then this to have coaches pull his offer. I feel like it's 100% Proctors decision on what he wants to do. If he's changed his mind in regards to NIL that's well within his prerogative. It'd just suck because I can't see Iowa matching (or wanting to anyway) whatever Oregon could throw at him

Not saying I don't agree with ya. But, you a new Iowa fan??

KF stubbornness over the years has been his obstacle. That's my point.

Last edited:
10 years ago I'd be with you and say no, I would not. But, in the past couple years I'd say the Iowa staff HAS GOT TO adjust and be a bit more flexible and continue to recruit. They can't afford to have their hard fast threshold rules like they have in the past. They have to know how to manage the NIL and recruiting.
This is the same KF that went into his first season without a contract. He ain't changing. Could you imagine getting to be 67 years old and the past 20 plus years having your own kingdom where he is worshiped enough to get away with stuff he does? I think of doctors before medicine was so corporate, housewives who haven't worked and their husband is successful, big farmers and so on. But this guy gets a free pass from millions of people and donors wanting to cuddle up to him.

Can you imagine how difficult that personality would become? And he had a head start. He got away with signing his first contract in Nov 2000 I believe.

Then imagine how hard it would be to get along with his entitle son....

No saying I don't agree with ya. But, you a new Iowa fan??

KF stubbornness over the years has been his obstacle. That's my point.
True KF is as stubborn as it gets on some things. But he can't pull this kids scholly over this. If he was a 2 star WR juco transfer then sure KF would probably yank his offer. But he's not going to encourage this kid to go go someplace else. I'd be shocked if he did anything of the sort. If he says he can't find a way to match the $ or whatever then it is what it is. Maybe the kid would give a hometown discount but what would that even be?

Latest posts