"probably a qb controversy in iowa city now"

Not sure I follow what you're saying, Will. What would I be kidding about? Please elaborate.

Body language with CJ from other players for one. They caught passes better. They blocked better. They played better in the 2nd half. CJ was part of it, but not the reason the players had better body language. Geez.

Not sure I follow what you're saying, Will. What would I be kidding about? Please elaborate.

Nevermind, Will. I don't need for you to reply. I just read through your other posts. You're just a dumb*ss, now I get your comment. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

First of all there is numerous tangible proof on his poor decision making. He does not get his best 22 on the field and create competition to get results. That is FACT.

Second Ed is a freaking Iowa LEGEND and was here before KF and may be after. This was a subtle shot across Kirk's bow to get his stuff together.

Tangible proof? Wow. It's not a fact and I trust his decision making more than a fan from a message board. Now, there's a fact.

The Beathard and Rudock race might be close but only because Beathard has no experience and maybe plays with nerves. And that's a maybe at best. Once he's more comfortable in the game he will pull away and be the obvious choice, just like Stanzi was.

I said it during the game....Rudock is going to be the starter next week....then when I heard Ferentz post game...I was positive...have you all not learned anything in 15 some years?...Kirk is going to go with the elder player 99.99999% of the time.

JR is the starting QB...in Kirks mind....CJ will have his chance someday....it is what it is.

The Beathard and Rudock race might be close but only because Beathard has no experience and maybe plays with nerves. And that's a maybe at best. Once he's more comfortable in the game he will pull away and be the obvious choice, just like Stanzi was.

Agreed. It is not always cut and dried and it needs to play out.

it's silly to think otherwise - think how much investment these coaches and players have in the program. they want to win more than any message board fan -

No one (or pretty much no one) thinks otherwise. They don't question his desire to put the best players on the field, they question his ability to.

I just about fell out of my chair when Ed said this. That was as big of a zinger as I have heard in a long time and it was justified. Ed has been saying for a long time that CJ has IT. By the way get rid of Dolph - worthless.

I am not saying practice is worthless or a time to screw around but instead you have to know some guys are just gamers. A great coach knows the difference and how to evaluate this. You have to know talent and always put your BEST 22 on the field. It will cost you games and seasons if not.

One guy KF can't talk down to is Eddy.

No one (or pretty much no one) thinks otherwise. They don't question his desire to put the best players on the field, they question his ability to.

I will add that if Rudock trots out on the field for the start of the next game I might actually start to question his desire to. Beathard is one bobbled pass from scoring on every one of his drives this year excluding trying to run out the clock at the end.

From Dolph's post game radio interview: KF was asked about how CJ played. KF's response: "Well, I just glad he played better today than he did in practice on Thursday."

Eddie P's reply: "Coach, it tells you that what happens in practice doesn't mean it'll happen on Saturday's." KF started backpedalling and started talking about how good a kid CJ is, yadda-yadda.

That didn't really happen? If it did, Ferentz is such a tool. CJB comes in and rallies for the come from behind win over Pitt on KF's home turf, where he wants to win more than anywhere else in the world, and he slaps him with a backhanded complement like that? Probably the biggest d*ck thing I've heard come from KF's mouth.

KF is the King of "Seeing how a kid does in practice tells you more about how he'll play in a game, than actually watching the kid play in the game."

Latest posts