"probably a qb controversy in iowa city now"

The quote was accurate. Kirk is getting Alford esque in his old age. It's like he feels obligated to defend his decisions rather than just complimenting the effort. He hates it when the fans look justified in their criticisms.

The quote was accurate. Kirk is getting Alford esque in his old age. It's like he feels obligated to defend his decisions rather than just complimenting the effort. He hates it when the fans look justified in their criticisms.

Most people do.

I just about fell out of my chair when Ed said this. That was as big of a zinger as I have heard in a long time and it was justified. Ed has been saying for a long time that CJ has IT. By the way get rid of Dolph - worthless.

I am not saying practice is worthless or a time to screw around but instead you have to know some guys are just gamers. A great coach knows the difference and how to evaluate this. You have to know talent and always put your BEST 22 on the field. It will cost you games and seasons if not.

Me too. I was like, did someone actually contradict, or otherwise call KF out? Eddie P. certainly did. And, that one comment on live radio may have handcuffed KF against Purdon't. Look, CJ isn't perfect and will make mistakes, but the body language of the OTHER players on the field told me they were perfectly happy with CJ at the helm.

Me too. I was like, did someone actually contradict, or otherwise call KF out? Eddie P. certainly did. And, that one comment on live radio may have handcuffed KF against Purdon't. Look, CJ isn't perfect and will make mistakes, but the body language of the OTHER players on the field told me they were perfectly happy with CJ at the helm.

Wow. Body language? Are you kidding me? And, Kirk will not be handcuffed whatsoever.

And you just said why I wouldn't be surprised to see Ruddock back in there... no one got the up on the stubbornness of Captain Kirk.. NO ONE

I just heard on radio that KF said no QB controversy Rudock is the starter Bethard the backup...bank on it, KF is not smart enough to play the best player.

Whaaaaaaat. Beathard needs to start. much more poise...that 3rd down throw was the play of the game

I agree. Without CJ today theres no way we come back and win that gm. You know that Jake has to be butt hurt. But the better QB finished the gm today.

Hopefully the players refuse to play if Kurt tries to put Ruddock back in. Beathard should be getting all the snaps, this will give Jake more time to study and it's a win/win. Hopefully Jake becomes a better doctor than he is a QB.

Yeah, I will trust the coaches and not you as much. Do you really think the coaches are not trying to get the best players on the field? That is ridiculous. If someone accused you of not doing the best at your job, you would not like it.

I have no doubt that the coaches are TRYING to get the best players in.

Agree 100%

Yeah, I will trust the coaches and not you as much. Do you really think the coaches are not trying to get the best players on the field? That is ridiculous. If someone accused you of not doing the best at your job, you would not like it.

First of all there is numerous tangible proof on his poor decision making. He does not get his best 22 on the field and create competition to get results. That is FACT.

Second Ed is a freaking Iowa LEGEND and was here before KF and may be after. This was a subtle shot across Kirk's bow to get his stuff together.

Latest posts