"probably a qb controversy in iowa city now"

Ferentz would prefer relying on run game and having a mistake free qb. But i think ferentz has finally decided this team needs to pass first. I think the comment on controversy was to pay respect to Jake and he has already decided on cj. At least i hope.

It's a tough decision between the guy who scores on almost every possession he leads and a guy who's older with more experience. I would not want to be in Kirk's shoes for this choice. That's why he makes the big bucks.
Thank you for the funny. :D

It's a tough decision between the guy who scores on almost every possession he leads and a guy who's older with more experience. I would not want to be in Kirk's shoes for this choice. That's why he makes the big bucks.
If that's the criteria then it shouldn't be a difficult decision.

Nice shot across the bow at the Iowa fans.

Kind of how I saw it too. Would it kill the guy to come out and say CJ did a fantastic job against a tough opponent on the road?!?! Geezus the guy has no problem giving props to powerhouses like Iowa State and Ball State, but can't even do it for his own player who pretty much won the game. That shiat would get really old as a player.

Kind of how I saw it too. Would it kill the guy to come out and say CJ did a fantastic job against a tough opponent on the road?!?! Geezus the guy has no problem giving props to powerhouses like Iowa State and Ball State, but can't even do it for his own player who pretty much won the game. That shiat would get really old as a player.

Managing expectations and the rest of the team. Remember when Bledsoe was injured and Brady took over? They needed Bledsoe in the AFC championship game and Belichek had kept his head in it.

Kurt will blow this...he's already blown this, elite coaches (saban, miles, Meyer) would have had beathard from day one...

Not saying it is the right choice, but it wouldn't surprise me if Rudock started next week. He got to use the injury excuse to put CJ in this game, which gives him an out for putting Jake back in next week.

From Dolph's post game radio interview: KF was asked about how CJ played. KF's response: "Well, I just glad he played better today than he did in practice on Thursday."

Eddie P's reply: "Coach, it tells you that what happens in practice doesn't mean it'll happen on Saturday's." KF started backpedalling and started talking about how good a kid CJ is, yadda-yadda.

From Dolph's post game radio interview: KF was asked about how CJ played. KF's response: "Well, I just glad he played better today than he did in practice on Thursday."

Eddie P's reply: "Coach, it tells you that what happens in practice doesn't mean it'll happen on Saturday's." KF started backpedalling and started talking about how good a kid CJ is, yadda-yadda.

Yep, Coach for the win.

What a downer thing to say if that is the quote.

Yeah interested to see if any reporter has the balls to ask him why CJ again hasn't seen more time. Though it will likely be same KF drivel.

I just about fell out of my chair when Ed said this. That was as big of a zinger as I have heard in a long time and it was justified. Ed has been saying for a long time that CJ has IT. By the way get rid of Dolph - worthless.

I am not saying practice is worthless or a time to screw around but instead you have to know some guys are just gamers. A great coach knows the difference and how to evaluate this. You have to know talent and always put your BEST 22 on the field. It will cost you games and seasons if not.

I just about fell out of my chair when Ed said this. That was as big of a zinger as I have heard in a long time and it was justified. Ed has been saying for a long time that CJ has IT. By the way get rid of Dolph - worthless.

I am not saying practice is worthless or a time to screw around but instead you have to know some guys are just gamers. A great coach knows the difference and how to evaluate this. You have to know talent and always put your BEST 22 on the field. It will cost you games and seasons if not.

Yeah, I will trust the coaches and not you as much. Do you really think the coaches are not trying to get the best players on the field? That is ridiculous. If someone accused you of not doing the best at your job, you would not like it.

Latest posts