Predict the B1G final standings - simulator

it sounded like bad math any way you sliced it, but the fact remains Iowa is in a great position.
I think he's counting some games as automatic wins and saying this. I still don't see how he figures this as "worst finish" even if it's just his prediction.

it sounded like bad math any way you sliced it, but the fact remains Iowa is in a great position.
After the Indiana win, I really liked the schedule seeing NW at home, mid-week off, the Rutgers. Should win 2 (eek!) plus the mid-week bye will give everyone else the chance to beat each other or lose games they shouldn't. Gives us a chance to close the gap.

Play well. Get ahead by double digits...making the occasional bad call a moot point. Get a double bye. It sounds so simple. But nothing is easy in the Big 10 this year...except games against Nebraska since Copeland went down. Seriously, Nebraska is the team I would rather play over anyone else right now.

If This were to happen...and MI has 5 losses...just remember the officials pretty much handed the game to PSU last night. I’m not just talking about the ejection. There was a horrible missed double dribble on PSU late. Horrible.

Here's the missed double dribble on Penn State. Almost as bad as the Bradley Beal 5 step non travel in the NBA. :)

Play well. Get ahead by double digits...making the occasional bad call a moot point. Get a double bye. It sounds so simple. But nothing is easy in the Big 10 this year...except games against Nebraska since Copeland went down. Seriously, Nebraska is the team I would rather play over anyone else right now.
I really want that double bye now. There is going to be absolute chaos between seeds five through fourteen on Wednesday and Thursday

I really want that double bye now. There is going to be absolute chaos between seeds five through fourteen on Wednesday and Thursday

Yeah I think it’s going to be a dogfight to make it to the Friday quarterfinals. It would be great to have that ticket punched before the tournament starts. Outside of Nebraska I think every team will be a tough out.

If Iowa keeps playing to the level of the competition they will probably lose a couple more games. They were fortunate to win the last two.

If Iowa keeps playing to the level of the competition they will probably lose a couple more games. They were fortunate to win the last two.
It's happening all over the league, for what it's worth. It isn't just Iowa.

Teams like Rutgers and Northwestern and Penn State are closer to the top six than the standings would indicate. It's just that when conference games are played somebody has to lose.

It's a good year to have a veteran experienced team.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it’s going to be a dogfight to make it to the Friday quarterfinals. It would be great to have that ticket punched before the tournament starts. Outside of Nebraska I think every team will be a tough out.
We're about 98% of the way into the dance right now.. Beating Maryland will remove all doubt. We will be a lock with a win tomorrow night.

If they're still talking about Ohio State and Minnesota being ten or eleven seeds I think our position is pretty safe right now.

That generator has Wisconsin winning out and Iowa finishing 6th. But that's with Iowa losing at Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

We're about 98% of the way into the dance right now.. Beating Maryland will remove all doubt. We will be a lock with a win tomorrow night.

If they're still talking about Ohio State and Minnesota being ten or eleven seeds I think our position is pretty safe right now.

By “ticket punched” I was referring to a ticket in Friday’s quarterfinals in the BTT. It would be nice to have earned that spot prior to the BTT starting. Basically like you said, the double bye is huge.

We just have to win out and we don’t play until Friday...no worse than the 4 seed and quite possibly the 3.

Edit - I think another loss puts us at 5 or 6...doesn’t matter who beats us.

That generator has Wisconsin winning out and Iowa finishing 6th. But that's with Iowa losing at Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.
Wisconsin has just completed the gauntlet part their schedule.

Purdue has an interesting game at Indiana this week.

Michigan and Michigan State still play each other twice guaranteeing two losses between them.

Maryland still has Michigan again. Obviously, tomorrow night is our biggest game the year to date.

Toughest Games IMO

@ Wisconsin
Maryland

Should win...but still plenty tough

The rest
Edit. I see what you meant here. Hopefully we can get Maryland tomorrow night but at UW will be tough.

Wisconsin is currently 11th in KenPom. My guess is Iowa will be 6-7+ point underdogs and have a maybe a 20%-30% chance of winning.

Also pretty sure it’s their senior night which will be Happ’s senior night.

Last edited:
We should win at Wisconsin? Not sure I agree with that.

Wisconsin is currently 11th in KenPom. My guess is Iowa will be 6-7+ point underdogs and have a maybe a 20%-30% chance of winning.

Formatting is key, see below ;)

Toughest Games IMO

• @ Wisconsin
  • Maryland

Should win...but still plenty tough

• The rest

Edit. I see what you meant here. Hopefully we can get Maryland tomorrow night but at UW will be tough.

I would be very surprised if we were that big of a dog at Wisconsin. Very tough game but 6 to 7+ points sounds like alot.

I would be very surprised if we were that big of a dog at Wisconsin. Very tough game but 6 to 7+ points sounds like alot.
We were +9.5 at Purdue. They are 10th in KenPom. +11.5 at Michigan State. Those are our only road games against similar level opponents.

Latest posts